- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Oye - long chapter. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own Lana, Jeff, Drew, teachers, & story idea. Mirage Studios owns everything TMNT. BSB, N'SYNC, & 98degrees own themselves. Thank-you!
Few days afterwards....

"He what?" Jeff double-checked.

"Yeah, can you believe it?" Lana said. "Raph spanked me for no reason at all."

"Is he crazy?" Jeff commented.

"Is who crazy?" Drew wanted to know as he approached them. "What are you guys talking about?"

Lana kissed his cheek. "Nothing important really."

"If it's not important, then tell me," Drew returned.

"Raph's being an ass, that's all," she sighed. "He acts like an ass, then takes it out on me."

"Oh," Drew acknowledged. "I see."

"You really think it's wise to skip school?" Jeff queried. "I mean, considering what's happened and all."

"Pfft. Why not?" Lana shrugged. "They're gonna be pissed off with me any ways."

"So instead of having them pissed off at you for no reason, you're gonna give them a reason to be pissed, am I right?" Jeff stated. "You think it won't matter what you do, they'll never be satisfied."

"Exactly," Lana replied. "Now, c'mon. Let's get over to Central Park before we miss that magic show."

"Alright!" Drew cheered, pumping a fist in the air. "Let's go!"

"Figures she'd wanna go to the most obvious place," Jeff muttered, as he trailed behind his two friends. "Jeez. If she wants to be obvious, I'm surprised she's not going after the Backstreet Boys."

"Jeff, quit you're muttering and get up here!" Lana called. "I don't wanna lose you!"

Jeff quickly caught up to them, and let his mind wander again.

"Donnie's gonna kill her," he thought. "If Raph doesn't kill her first."

"Dammit! Why'd I agree to this?" Jeff accidentally pondered aloud.

"Because, A) you like magic shows, B) you're my best friend, and C) you don't wanna be stuck in that hell hole we call school by yourself," Lana reminded him. "Jeez. How soon do you forget?"

"Soon enough to know we're gonna be in a whack of shit when we go home," Jeff rejoined.

Lana smirked at him. "Who says we're going home?"

"WHAT!?!" Him and Drew both yelled.

"Who says we're going home?" Lana repeated, with the same smirk on her face.

"What...what do you mean?" Drew asked carefully.

"I mean I got us bus tickets to go to Michigan," Lana told them.

"Let me guess, Brian's there," Jeff snapped.

"No," she retorted. "JC's there."

"You mean we're going to see N'SYNC?" Drew questioned. "That's why you wanted to skip school?"

"Duh!" Lana said.

"Argh!" Jeff groaned. "Don't you remember what happened the last time we snuck out to see a concert?"

"Point?"

"Lana!" Jeff exclaimed. "I don't wanna be in that much shit again!"

"Then you don't have to come," Lana riposted, then turned to her boyfriend. "C'mon Drew. Us cool people will go."

"Um...Lana..." Drew began. "I...I don't wanna go either..."

She looked at him shocked.

Drew rushed on. "When it was just the magic show, it was okay 'cause my folks would understand, seeing as just how much I love magic. But now you wanna go to another state, to see N'SYNC and I know they wouldn't approve of that. I don't wanna be spanked for some stupid reason."

"Oh, so you're saying N'SYNC's stupid, now are you?" Lana shouted, turning on him.

"No. I'm not," Drew answered. "I'm just saying this whole plan of yours is stupid."

"Fine! Be that way!" Lana yelled. "I don't need your company!"

With that said she turned and took off running down the street.

"She's gonna get herself hurt, or worse, killed, one of these days," Jeff grumbled. "I'm sick of having to save her ass all the time."

"What are we gonna do?" Drew asked him.

"Go to the magic show, what else?" Jeff responded. "Might as well, seeing as our 'rents will be more understanding that way."

They reached Central Park, and easily found the magic show. Jeff left Drew there, stating he'd be back later, and if he didn't show up to just go home. He then went off in search of the lair.

"I knew I shouldn't have come here," Jeff mumbled angrily to himself awhile later. "Damn her for taking off on me again!"

Jeff continued to kick the odd stone around as he trudged through the sewers, trying to remember the directions Lana had once given him in case of an emergency. Finally he saw a light coming from behind what seemed to be a door. He cautiously approached it and put his ear up against it to hear what the voices on the other side were saying.

"She's gone crazy Donnie," a voice said. "She doesn't listen anymore and just does whatever the hell she wants."

"It's not like that Raph," the other voice returned. "She's just going through a rough phase, that's all. We have to try and understand what it's like for her, being human and all, growing up in the sewers with mutants."

"It's them," Jeff thought excitedly. "It's the Ninja Turtles!"

Slowly Jeff began to inch the door open. The two turtles in the den looked over at him as the door squeaked.

"Jeff?" Raphael interrogated.

"Um...hi," Jeff replied.

"Jeff, what are you doing here?" Donatello questioned. "And where's Lana? Oh my God! Something happened, didn't it? Oh, God! Is she okay?"

"Uh...Michigan, argument, and...I dunno," Jeff answered.

"What are you talking about?" Raphael demanded. "What's this 'bout her being in Michigan?"

"Heh...oh boy..." Jeff said, rolling his eyes out of nervousness. "Heh...Mm..."

"Well?" Raphael pressed.

"ShewenttoseeN'SYNC'sconcertinmichigan!" Jeff rambled hurriedly. "ItoldherIdidn'twanttogo. Drewdidn'teither. Shewasmad'causewewouldn'tgowithher! Shetookoffonherown!"

"What? You care to repeat that in English?" Raphael snapped.

"She went to see N'SYNC's concert in Michigan. He told her he didn't want to go. Drew didn't either. She was mad 'cause they wouldn't go with her. She took off on her own," Donatello translated.

Jeff cast him a sheepish, yet thankful smile.

"How the Hell did you understand that mumble jumble?" Raphael wanted to know. "All I made our was N'SYNC."

"Naturally," Leonardo piped up as he entered the den. "Hi Jeff. That's all you ever hear when people mention music groups."

"What about music groups?" Michaelangelo interrogated, as he came in eating a slice of pizza (as usual. Lol.).

"Uh...guys?" Jeff tried, as the brothers began to argue about who was better, BSB or N'SYNC. "Guys?"

They ignored him and went on fighting.

"GUYS!" Jeff hollered.

The turtles stopped they're bickering and turned to look about the young boy they'd forgotten was there.

"Hey, who's the lil' dude?" Michaelangelo asked.

"I'm Jeff. Also, this is about Lana and not which group is better."

"Thanks for the reminder Jeff," Leonardo smiled.

"No problem," Jeff shrugged. "Also, 98degrees is better."

"Thought you liked BSB?" Raphael said.

"I do, but 98degrees is just as cool," Jeff responded.

"Okay, anyway, back to this whole Michigan thing," Donatello stated, then glanced at Jeff. "She say what time the bus was leaving?"

"No. Sorry," Jeff apologized. "She didn't give out any details except for what I've already told you."

"You know where they're performing?"

"Wherever BSB did last time," Jeff told him. "Least, I think that's where they are."

Leonardo gave a smile. "Thanks for letting us know, Jeff."

"No problem," Jeff shrugged. "I just don't wanna see anything bad happen to her, that's all."

"Neither do we dude, neither do we," Michaelangelo said, placing a hand on Jeff's shoulder.

Jeff cast a shy smile Michaelangelo's way, before they all left the lair.

The turtles dropped Jeff off at Central Park for the rest of the magic show, then headed for the bus station.