- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm glad y'all are enjoying this one!!! It's quite long - probably 'cause the chapters are so short! Lol. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: As always, I own Lana & story idea, nothing else. Mirage Studios own everything TMNT related. Thank-you!

Warning: Language. Though, be warned - there's a lotta language off & on - Raphael's involved in the fic. Lol.

A few days later....

It'd been almost a week, and they'd still yet been able to find the girl's family.

"I'm beginning to think she either doesn't have one or she was abandoned," Leonardo stated as he plopped down onto the couch.

"I know whatcha mean dude," Michaelangelo agreed, also plopping down on the sofa. "We've looked high and low all over the city, and no one seems to be missing a child."

"If they are, they're doing a pretty fine job of not showing it," Donatello sighed, as he took a seat in the chair.

"Remind me again why I have to help you guys search," Raphael said.

"Master Splinter said you have to help, seeing as you're the reason she woke up the second time the other night," Donatello reminded him. "You also have to help 'cause you don't think she's worthy enough of anyone's help."

Just then, the little girl came running into the room and eagerly climbed up into Donatello's lap to greet him.

"Hey Kiddo," Donatello smiled as she hugged him. "Were you good for Splinter?"

She nodded furiously, then turned to look at the other guys. She spotted Michaelangelo eating a slice of pizza (as usual).

"Donnie?" She said, turning to look at him again. "Pizza?"

Donatello chuckled. "You want some pizza?"

"Yesth," she replied. "Pwease?"

"Here, you can have my slice," Leonardo stated, offering her his slice. "I'm not hungry, so you might as well eat it."

She took the slice of cheese pizza from him and smiled. "Thank-you Weo."

Leonardo smiled back at her. "No problem Kid."

"Okay, this is pathetic!" Raphael riposted, raising his voice. "She's been here a week, and we're still calling her Kid, Kiddo, or Munchkin! Does she not have a name?"

"Well, should we name her or ask her if she's a name?" Michaelangelo asked.

"Do you have a name?" Donatello asked her.

She nodded.

"What is it?"

"Lana," she answered. "Lana Marie Godin."

"Shit," Raphael muttered. "Triple shit."

"Shit?" Lana said confused.

"Raph!" Leonardo cried, as Donatello placed a hand over her mouth.

"Lana, you don't say that, okay?" Donatello stated.

"Why not?" She wanted to know, after he'd removed his hand. "Waph did."

"Well, Raph shouldn't have," Donatello told her.

"Why not?" she asked puzzled.

"It's a bad word," Donatello explained. "Little girls don't need to be saying bad words, okay?"

"Kay," she shrugged.

"Now, back to before we had a parrot repeat something they shouldn't have," Leonardo began. "What's wrong Raph?"

"Remember on the news last week, how they said they'd found that one entire family murdered?"

"Yeah." The others trailed off.

"Their names were Anne and Jim Godin," Raphael told them. "They'd been found murdered with three children next to them. The neighbours told the cops they'd had four children, but figured whoever had murdered them took off with the fourth. They believe the fourth was the youngest of the family and may be wandering the streets of Brooklyn."

"What happens if they find the kid alive?" Michaelangelo queried. "Would they send the kid to live with a family member?"

"That's just it. It was just them. They had no living relatives that anyone was aware of. If the child was found, she'd be placed if foster care or an orphanage."

"What do you mean she?" Leonardo questioned.

"They said the youngest was a girl," Raphael replied. "They also said the other night on the news, since she's been gone so long and has no family, there's no point in looking for her anymore as she's probably already dead."

"You think Lana's the girl they're talking about?" Leonardo interrogated.

"She has to be," Raphael rejoined. "Though how she got from Brooklyn to Central Park is a mystery to me."

"How the heck can people just give up on her because she has no family?" Donatello thought aloud. "They're making it sound like it's all her fault, when it's not."

"Donnie?"

"Yeah, Lana?"

"Where Jordan?"

"Who's Jordan?"

"Ma brudder," she answered. "Jeff, Nick too."

"Um." Donatello trailed off nervously, as Splinter entered the den.

"What is wrong my son?" Splinter asked, after noting the look on Donatello's face.

"She wants to know where her brothers are," Donatello gulped.

"Do you know where they are?"

Donatello nodded.

"Where are they?"

He ran his finger across his throat as though he were slicing it, then pointed upwards.

"Oh," Splinter said, then turned to the little girl. "My child, I believe they are gone."

"Gone? Where?"

"They have gone to Heaven, my dear," Splinter told her. "So have your mother and father."

She pouted. "They leave me?"

"I'm afraid so Lana," Donatello replied sadly, then glanced at Splinter before continuing. "But if you'd like, you can stay here with us."

"Stay Donnie?"

Donatello nodded. "If you'd like to."

"I like," she responded as she hugged him again.

Raphael rolled his eyes. "Great. Just what we need, a banshee."

"Raphael," Splinter started.

"I know, I know," Raphael groaned as he stood up. "Ten flips."