- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey y'all! Sorry it's taken me so long to update this again. Been kinda caught up in 'No Matter What' by ForeverRebel - it's a great fic, what can I say? Well, Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own Lana, Jeff, Drew, teachers, & story idea. Mirage Studios owns everything TMNT. BSB, N'SYNC, 98degrees all own themselves. Thank-you!

Note: If y'all don't understand the double meaning, don't worry I'll explain it at beginning of the next chapter. So please don't lower ratings/stars if you don't get it - don't worry - if I hadn't written this, I'd never have gotten it either.
At the bus station...

"I can't believe Jeff fell for that stupid excuse," Lana thought. "He knows I don't wanna be in shit like that again either."

She sighed as she waited to board the bus for New Jersey. "Michigan. Pff. Does he really think I'd go there again? Like, hello, too obvious."

She quietly boarded the bus wanting to escape, but at the same time hoping someone, anyone would catch her before it actually took off. Lana solemnly sat down in her assigned seat and stared out the window.

"Where are they?" She thought.

Someone took the seat beside her, but she failed to notice. A few minutes later the bus pulled out of the station. Without knowing it she began to cry; once she realized she buried her head into her arms and curled up into a tight little ball on her seat.

"I want Donnie," she whimpered. "I want Donnie."

"You called?" A familiar voice said.

She looked up confused, and glanced at the person next to her, her eyes going wide as she realized who it was.

Donatello had a soft smile on his face as her eyes continued to grow by the second.

"Donnie?" She managed.

Donatello nodded, then pulled her into a hug. He held her as she wept into his trench coat, and rubbed her back repeatedly.

"N'SYNC's in Michigan, eh?" Donatello said.

Lana let out a small laugh. "I don't know."

"Sure you don't."

"Well, I had to think of something," she giggled slightly, into his armpit.

Donatello grew serious then. "Why Lana? Why were you running away?"

She sighed and looked down at her hands, which were now clasped, in her lap. "I'm...not sure... I just...was..."

Donatello sighed himself at her answer, and leaned further back in his seat.

"You know you can tell me anything."

"I know, but..."

"But what?"

"I...don't know."

He let out a groan. "I hate broken answers."

"They're not broken answers, Donnie," Lana spoke softly. "They're just... unanswered ... answers."

The two sat in silence for a couple minutes, then Lana spoke again.

"Donnie?" She said almost in a whisper, while looking at him. "Are you mad?"

Donatello looked at her sad face, and sighed again. "Lana, I'm not mad, really. I'm just...I don't know...hurt. I guess."

Lana looked down at her hands again. "Oh."

"I just...don't know what to do with you anymore," Donatello replicated. "Maybe I should've let April take you back then. Maybe you do belong in a foster home, with people who can see the sun longer."

"NO!" Lana exclaimed rather loud, as she turned around completely in her seat to look at him. "Donnie! NO!"

"Lana, I..."

"NO!" Lana shrieked jumping up. "I WON'T GO!"

People began to turn and look at them weirdly.

"Lana."

"I WON'T! I WON'T! I WON'T!" She cried, stamping her foot. "I WON'T!"

"Lana Marie, sit down!" Donatello ordered. "Now."

"But..."

Donatello gave her a Look.

"Hmph!" She sat down with a huff.

"Look. I never said you were going, I just said maybe you belong in one," Donatello stated. "Maybe you're acting like this because you want to be with people instead of us."

Lana turned away from him, and looked out the window as tears once more streamed down her face.

"Lana, look at me when I'm talking to you," Donatello commanded. "Just because you're mad doesn't mean you show disrespect."

She slowly turned, her tears falling faster now. "I...I don't want...to leave you."

"Aw, Honey," Donatello said pulling her into another hug. "I never said you had to. I don't want you to leave either. I'm just trying to figure out what's best."

The two of them sat like that, embraced in one another's arms, for the rest of the bus ride to New Jersey.