- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey! I'm ba-ack! Lol. Been a while since I've posted for this one, so I decided I should. Especially since I'm in TMNT mode again- watched parts of Season 4 again yesterday. I love that DVD. Lol. Well, Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own Lana, Jeff, Drew, teachers, & story idea. Mirage Studios owns everything TMNT. Thank-you!
A couple days later....

Lana was beginning to feel like she was under house arrest, for no fault of her own, as the guys wouldn't let her out of their sight for a split millisecond, more or less leave the lair to visit Jeff and Drew. Because she was under constant surveillance she was becoming quite irritated and snippy, which was not a good thing, especially with four, jumpy/worried/upset and already peed off turtles. Oh, and one very over- protective rat, named Splinter.

"But I want to see Jeff!" She yelled at Donatello for the zillionth time in two days. "I haven't seen him since Wednesday and it's Saturday already!"

"Lana, I've told you numerous times, you're not allowed out this weekend," Donatello stated firmly. "Now leave it at that."

"But why am I not allowed out?" Lana demanded. "What'd I do wrong now?"

"I don't have to have a reason for wanting you to stay in," Donatello retorted. "And if I do, it's none of your concern!"

"It is my concern if I've done nothing wrong and you won't let me see Jeff, or even wander the sewer!" Lana shouted. "Why are you treating me like a damn jailbird?"

Donatello gave her a Look. "Watch your language or forget not leaving the lair, you won't be leaving your room."

"But..." she tried.

"Lana," Donatello said sternly. "Enough."

Lana walked off grumbling, only to have Donatello call after her.

"Don't think I can't hear you, young lady!" He called.

She kicked a forgotten pebble on the floor and watched as it skipped down the hallway, and landed right under Raphael's foot.

By the look on his face, she could tell he was not happy.

"Uh-oh," she thought. "Not a good time to mess with him."

She threw him a small sheepish grin when he looked her way, then scampered off to see who was in the practice room. She wasn't too surprised when she found Leonardo in there practicing his katas. She stood silently in the doorway watching him, with a look of awe on her face.

Sure she'd always loved the nunchucks, mainly because Michaelangelo had them. And sure she loved the sais, because Raphael had given them to her when she was small. Oh, and sure she loved the bo, though she'd never used it, because Donatello could easily knock people over with it, herself included when needed. But secretly she'd always loved watching Leonardo use his katanas. The way they moved so swiftly, slicing through the air, making swooshing sounds. The most dangerous of the four weapons, unless Raphael got mad and lost his temper, which was often, but rarely with her.

She watched him for a bit longer, completely lost in thought, and didn't even realize when he stopped and began to smile at her.

"Like what you see?" Leonardo asked, breaking her out of her trance.

Lana nodded wordlessly, her eyes wide, as they always were after secretly watching him. Surprisingly, this was the first time she'd ever been caught; well, that she knew of anyway.

"Wanna try?" Leonardo questioned, holding the katanas out towards her.

Her eyes went wider and she looked from the katanas to him to see if he meant it.

Leonardo gestured slightly with his katanas, which he very rarely let anyone else use.

Lana's eyes lit up and she nodded eagerly.

"Well, c'mon then," he said.

He watched as she hurried over to him and patiently waited for any command.

"Do you know how to hold them?" He queried, to which she nodded embarrassed. "You do, do you?"

She looked down and blushed slightly. Sure she knew how to hold them. She'd watched him all these years, and, though she'd never admit it, especially to him, sometimes she'd sneak in wherever he'd accidentally left them, and pick them up to admire them.

"Well, then, let's see what you know," he said looking at her strangely as he passed her his katanas. "Start off slow so you can get used to them."

She held the katanas carefully and expertly, anxiously awaiting the next instruction.

Leonardo grabbed another set of katanas off the wall, then stood before her once more.

"Alrighty. We're gonna start off easy, okay?"

"Okay," she squeaked, making him chuckle slightly.

"Relax Lana-belle," Leonardo said, using his nickname for her. "You'll do fine."

Lana relaxed, then, before he could show her anything, began to slowly do the kata she'd just watched him do.

Leonardo looked at her amazed, and, respectfully, didn't speak until she'd finished.

"How'd you know all that?"

"Watching you," she admitted.

"But you never watch me unless it's during a practice session, and we always learn new stuff, improve the old, spar, and get lectured then," Leonardo said confused. "We never do katas, unless Sensei wants to make sure we know them well enough."

Lana looked him in the eye challengingly. "Ever heard of something called a spy maybe?"

"So it is you I always see lurking in the shadows?" Leonardo interrogated with a smirk on his face.

"Uh...yeah," Lana admitted.

He reached over and ruffled her hair, after shifting the one katana over to his other hand to be with its twin.

"Don't be embarrassed Lana-Belle," he smiled softly. "I don't mind if you watch, just as long as you don't get in the way."

"Thank God he doesn't know 'bout me touching them without permission," she thought. "He'd be really mad then."

They then began a small lesson. Lana beamed inwardly, bursting with pride anytime she caught Leonardo smiling at her approvingly. Never before had she felt so proud, and, well...respected.