- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey y'all! Me again! Hehe. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own Lana, Jeff, Drew, teachers, & story idea. Mirage Studios owns everything TMNT. Thank-you!
That night....

"So, I heard Leo let you use his katanas," Raphael said sitting down next to Lana on the couch. "Were you any good?"

Lana smiled shyly. "I think I did okay, it being my first time and all."

"According to Leo, you were amazing," Raphael replicated. "Said he'd never seen someone learn things so quickly before. Said he wished I was more patient and eager to learn like you."

Lana's face turned pink as she beamed at the compliments.

"Now, if only you were as eager to learn your sais katas, as you are the katana ones," Raphael stated, making sure no one else had heard. "Then there'd be a greater reason to be proud. I'm guessing you could use some work on your nunchuck skills as well."

She looked at her lap, her pride slowly seeping out. Raphael had a point. She hadn't been practicing as much as she used to...was suppose to, that is. She knew she was disappointing him, as he'd pretty much said so the last time they'd had a lesson. Michaelangelo, on the other hand, was much more laid back about her nunchuck lessons. He'd told her, to practice only when she felt dedicated enough to do so. She had to feel as though her heart and soul were behind every movement one hundred percent or what she was doing wouldn't matter very much.

The thought of Michaelangelo's rare, somewhat poetic, yet wise words made her smile slightly.

"What are you smiling about?" Raphael interrogated, then stated bluntly, "Your last lesson was nothing to be proud of."

Her smile quickly faded once more.

"Sorry," she mumbled.

"I expect better next time," Raphael told her. "If you haven't improved any, I'll see that something's done about it, you hear?"

"Yes, Raph," Lana whispered.

She sat there for a couple more minutes, then, seeing as it was getting close to her bedtime, got up to go to the bathroom. Once all ready for bed, she went to the kitchen to get a glass of warm milk.

"Hey Lana," Leonardo said. "All ready for bed, I see."

She nodded getting her glass of milk, which Donatello always left on the counter for her before she had to go to bed.

He came over and placed a hand on her shoulder. "I'm really proud of you, you know."

Lana blushed.

"I've never seen anyone do so well on a kata they've just learned," Leonardo told her. "Not even I do as good as you did earlier."

She beamed, still turning pink, and ducked her head some.

"Hey," Leonardo said, lifting her chin up with his hand. "You'd better be blushing with pride, Missy, 'cause you've nothing to be ashamed of."

She looked up at him shyly, and nodded with a small smile on her face.

"There's a girl," Leonardo smiled ruffling her hair. "Keep up the good work Kiddo."

She blushed an even darker shade of red, then dashed off for bed after saying good-night to everyone. Once in bed, she lay there for awhile thinking about what each of them had said, deciding she liked Leonardo's comments the best.