- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Well, go figure. I feel like shit, & yet I'm suddenly in the mood to write & update. *shakes head* Though, I dunno how long this mood will last - lol. But, I seem to slowly be getting my muse back - how & why though, I've no idea - not that I'm comapling or anything. Haha! Anyways, here's the next chapter. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own Lana, Jeff, Drew, teachers, & story idea. Mirage Studios owns everything else. Thank-you!

Ashee - Hope this help inspires you to write more! Lol. And sorry I didn't stick around, but it is now 4am & I gotta get to bed before I fall over - almost fell asleep updating! Haha! Luvs yah!
Week later....

It'd been a week since Lana's safe return, and the turtles were beginning to notice a habit in her sleeping pattern. She would start off with Michaelangelo in his bed, but every morning would wake up in Raphael's. They were all wondering what she kept dreaming to make her cling to Raphael the way she was. Master Splinter was becoming slightly annoyed, as she wouldn't let Raphael out of her sight. He sensed her fear and always ended up letting Raphael skip practice to stay with her, so she could sleep longer.

"Anyone else finding it strange that Lana won't let Raph leave her in the morning or during the day?" Donatello asked his brothers. "I mean, it's been a week, and she's still running to him every night."

"Yeah," Michaelangelo added. "If she's just gonna go to him in the middle of the night, why doesn't she start off in his room to begin with?"

"I'm wondering the same thing," Leonardo said. "It must have something to do with these nightmares she keeps having."

"No shit Leo," Raphael piped up. "And here I thought she was just bunking with me 'cause she was trying to get away from you."

"Lose the sarcasm, Raph," Leonardo rejoined. "You're not helping the situation any."

"Well, neither are you," Raphael retorted. "Why don't we just ask her what the hell the dream's about?"

"There's something you can do," Donatello replicated. "Raph, you're gonna ask her 'bout her dreams."

"Me? What the. Why me?" Raphael riposted. "Why do I have to do the dirty work?"

"The dreams are about you, dude," Michaelangelo reminded him. "You're the only one she'll carry out a conversation with anymore. Jeez. She hardly even talks to me and I'm her hero."

"Argh!" Raphael growled. "Fine!"

He calmed himself before going over to where Lana was sitting playing N-64.

"Hey Kid," Raphael said sitting next to her on the floor. "Can I play?"

"Here," she replied, passing him the other controller without taking her eyes off the screen. "You're Luigi."

"The green guy?" Raphael checked.

"Duh!" She answered. "You ought to know his name by now Raph."

"Meh," Raphael shrugged.

The two of them played for a bit, before Raph decided to ask her about the dreams she'd been having.

"Um...Lana?"

"Yeah, Raph?"

"You know how you've been coming into my room every night after having those nightmares?"

"Yeah?"

"Um...well...I was just wondering." Raphael trailed off. "What are those dreams about? I mean, I know I'm in it, but what happens to make you come running into my room and jumping into my bed?"

Lana's facial expression changed then. She seemed to lose all colour in her face, then turned a little green.

"It's.its not.important," she said.

"Lana, it has to be important if you're not talking to anyone, Mikey included anymore," Raphael rejoined. "Jeez. Even Jeff asked if there was something wrong."

"Just drop it," Lana ordered. "It's nothing."

"Lana..." Raphael tried.

"I SAID, DROP IT!" She screamed jumping up. "JUST DROP IT!"

Raphael watched as she ran to her room and slammed the door.

"What was that all about?" Donatello asked, poking his head out of the kitchen.

"You talk to her!" Raphael snapped, storming past and soon slamming his door.

"I take it the talk did not go well, my son," Splinter piped up.

Donatello turned to look at him. "I guess not. They're both upset now."

Master Splinter placed his hand on Donatello's shoulder. "Not everything goes as planned. She will come around. You will see. She will talk to someone soon enough."

"I sure hope so," Donatello sighed.

Awhile later, Raphael heard a soft knock on his door.

"Go away," he grumbled.

"Raph?"

"Lana?"

"Um...yeah..."

"Come in," Raphael said.

Lana entered his room and closed the door behind her.

"I'm sorry I got mad earlier," she apologized. "I didn't mean to yell at you; I just don't really wanna have to re-live the nightmare that's been haunting me every night."

Raphael motioned for her to come and sit on the bed next to him.

"Look Kid," he began. "I didn't really wanna push the topic earlier either, but I'm worried about you. All of us are actually. We just wanna help you if we can. None of us like seeing you scared like this. According to Donnie, it's not healthy."

"Nothing's ever healthy according to him," Lana muttered.

Raphael ignored her comment, knowing she had a point. "Lana, if you wanna talk, I'm here, okay?"

Lana nodded. "Okay."

"Well, now that the mushy stuff is over, what do ya say we go and practice some?" Raphael suggested. "Alright?"

"Alright," Lana sighed.

The two of them then went into the practice room to do some katas. Raphael put the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door and closed it. He knew the others would just think she was watching him; they didn't need to know just yet that he was teaching her how to use the sais.

They began their katas, but Raphael could tell that Lana's heart wasn't really in it. Though she looked and seemed determined enough to kill, her motions lacked the hearty efforts they usually had.

"You're not in the mood for this, are you?" Raphael asked.

Lana lowered her head in shame. "No. Not really," she admitted softly.

"Hey, it's okay," Raphael told her, crouching down to look her in the eye. "I know something's bothering you, so we'll just let it slip today, okay?"

She nodded wordlessly.

Raphael put his hand under her chin and lifted her head up.

"Least you could do is smile," Raphael started. "I mean, you're getting off pretty easy here Kid. Normally I'd fly off the handle and make you practice 'till you dropped."

Lana gave a small smile accompanied by a little laugh.

"Thanks Raph," she whispered hugging him.

"You ready to talk now?" Raphael asked.

"Yeah," Lana sighed. "I'm ready to talk."

Raphael led her over to a bench along the wall, where they sat down facing one another.