- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Well, I've been online since like 4pm - it's now 8:30pm - & I figured I'd best do something productive while on here - so expect a few updates from stories tonight - lol. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own Laba, Jeff, Drew, teachers, & story idea. Mirage Studios owns everything TMNT. Thank-you!

In the den....

Master Splinter sat in his chair quietly sipping his tea. He finally decided that he'd waited long enough and spoke.

"Leonardo, Donatello, please go wait in the kitchen until I have called you back."

The two turtles nodded and said nothing as they left the den, raising their eyebrows at Michaelangelo.

Once they were gone and he'd finished taking another sip of his tea, Splinter motioned for Michaelangelo to sit down. Once he was seated, Splinter had his say.

"Michaelangelo, what possessed you to hurt April, knowing full well that Lana was still in the room with you?" He asked calmly. "I know you were upset, but you know full well that that is still no excuse in my eyes, nor your brothers'."

Michaelangelo looked down at his hands. "I dunno Sensei. I just kinda - spazzed. I didn't think it'd - it'd scar her like this."

"My son, when there is a child involved, especially one who looks up to you a great deal, you must always think of them first, before carrying out your actions," Splinter told him gently. "No matter how upset you may be, the child must always come first."

"I know that now," Michaelangelo whispered.

Splinter nodded slightly. "You must always remember it as well, Michaelangelo, especially if Lana is nearby. Her friend, Jeff, seems to like you a great deal as well, so I would advise you to be careful around him also."

"I will, I promise," Michaelangelo murmured.

Splinter looked at his son, and noticed the teardrops falling from his eyes.

"Michaelangelo," Splinter began softly, making his son look up at him. "Do not cry, my son. Lana shall 'hang' with you again and be fine given some time."

Michaelangelo said nothing, as he suddenly collapsed at Splinter's feet and sobbed like he had when he was a mere child and something had scared him.

Master Splinter stroked his bald green head to let him know it was all right.

"I'm sorry...Daddy," Michaelangelo whispered, clinging to his father's robe. "Daddy...I'm sorry."

Splinter sighed, as Michaelangelo hadn't called him that in a long time. Not since he'd gotten lost in the dark sewer when he was six. No. Wait. He hadn't called him 'Daddy' since he was ten and had fallen through ice while playing in the snow with his brothers.

"It is quite alright, Michaelangelo," Splinter said, smiling softly, as he pulled his son closer to him. "All will be well soon enough."