- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Sick as a dog, but thought y'all deserved some love. :) Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own Lana, Drew, Jeff, teachers, Schlump, slaves, & story idea. Mirage Studios owns everything TMNT. Thank-you!

"Hey, guys," Donatello began. "You seen Lana anywhere?"

Michaelangelo and Raphael looked up from their game of Mario Kart.

"Nope. Not today Dude," Michaelangelo replied. "Sorry."

"I haven't seen her since last night when she was questioning me," Raphael answered. "But maybe Leo's found her by now. He was looking for her earlier."

Donatello nodded, then went off in search of his brother. He found him in the dojo practicing with only one katana, since Lana had broken his other one.

"Hey, Leo?"

"Yeah, Donnie?"

"Have you seen Lana at all today?"

"No. Why?"

"You mean, you didn't find her earlier?"

"No." Leonardo trailed off. "What are you getting at Donnie?"

"Well, don't you think it's kinda quiet in her room?" He questioned. "Normally she has the Backstreet Boys blaring full blast or whatever. Today, there's nothing."

"You're right," Leonardo agreed. "Usually around this time 'More Than That' is heard coming from her room."

The two gave one another weird looks, then left the dojo and headed for Lana's room. Once there, Donatello knocked on the door.

"Lana?" He called. "Are you in there?"

No answer. This time Leonardo knocked, and called her name, but still they got no answer.

"You don't think something happened to her, do you?" Donatello queried worriedly.

Leonardo shrugged, then bust the door open. He scanned the room and quickly realized that she wasn't there.

"Where the hell is she, Leo?" Raphael demanded from the doorway. "I know you had to have done something to her, so where is she?"

"I don't know," Leonardo answered honestly. "I thought she was in here too, that's why I gave up my search earlier."

"Best look everywhere then, hadn't we?" Donatello sighed. "I wished she'd learn not to take off on us every time she gets grounded."

The turtles searched everywhere they could think of, but still could not find her. Michaelangelo remembered her secret spot, and slinked off unnoticed to where it was.

"Lana?" He called softly as he entered it. "Lana? You here?"

He paused to listen momentarily, but still heard nothing.

"C'mon Lana, this ain't funny," he stated. "You're starting to scare me."

He reached the spot where she loved to sit, and found a note sitting on top of an old pizza box. He picked it up and began to read what it said.

My dearest and most beloved Mikey,

By now you will have realized that I am 'missing', as Donnie will say. But, to put it bluntly, I am not 'missing', just simply, shall we use Raph's word, 'gone'. It is not by any fault of yours Michaelangelo, that I am 'gone'. It could never be your fault, not ever. I can promise you that. Though, I am afraid I can't promise you my return. Yes, Mikey, I've run away again, only this time, it's for good. And I mean it, with the same sincerity that Raph saw in my eyes, when I swore to him that no one would ever dissect him as long as I was around (please let him know that I' still around. I don't want him to worry 'bout being dissected none). Also, please inform Donnie that it's not totally his fault. He's partially to blame, but not solely. No. That's Leo's department, I'm afraid. Yes, I said Leo. The same guy who vowed to always treat me with the utmost respect, no matter what. Pff. Yeah, right. If he had, I don't think there'd be any reason for this note, now would there be? The answer is no, Mikey. I know I confused you on that last sentence, and for that, I'm sorry. But, you know how I love to write. Anyway, Master Splinter can be included in the blame game too, if you'd like. He makes too many restrictions. Jeez. Even Donnie's more lenient that he is, and Donnie's right down crazy when it comes to making restrictions (though, he does do okay for the most part. Donnie, not Splinter, you goof). Master Splinter and Leonardo combined were just too much for me. I honestly don't know how you could live with them so long, and honestly not go right down crazy and completely out of your mind. I now know why Raph has to leave for those walks of his, when he does go. He needs a break from them, and personally, I don't blame him any, as I need breaks too. More often than him recently. Well, Mikey, I'm afraid if this letter gets any longer, my heart will overrule my brain, or my brain will overrule my heart. I'm not quite sure which, but either way, if I make this any longer, I'll end up staying here. Now, I know how much you'd like that, as, in ways, I'd like it too, but I just can't. I hope you understand that. Please forgive me. All I can ask for is for your forgiveness Michaelangelo. I don't want to hurt you, but need my freedom all the same. I am truly sorry for any pain that I may cause you, but I assure you, once I am settled in my new place, I will send you a postcard to let you know that all is well. I love you Mikey, always have and always will.

Love always, You're Kiddo, ~Lana Marie~

P.S. Don't ask Jeff or Drew 'bout this, as they ain't got a clue. P.P.S. Don't look for me, as I've made it so that you will never find me, unless I should decide that I want to be found. P.P.P.S. Please tell Raph to guard Teddy. Thanks!

By the time Michaelangelo had finished reading the letter, he was crying so hard his vision was badly blurred. He clutched the note in his hand and hurried back to the lair as fast as he could, with his tear- impaired vision.

Everyone looked up when they heard someone enter the lair. They were surprised to see Michaelangelo standing there, sobbing, while he clutched a piece of paper in his hands.

"Dudes!" He cried. "She's gone! Gone for good! And it's all Leo's fault!"

Up until Michaelangelo had mentioned Leonardo, they'd all been looking at him absurdly. But, as soon as he'd said it was Leonardo's fault, they understood it all perfectly. It was as though a light bulb had gone on inside of their heads.

"Leo!" Raph growled.