- Text Size +
After what seemed a beautiful eternity we pulled apart, he cleared his throat and got up; he stretched his hand out to help me up.

“Uh…it’s weird how that keeps happening.” he said as he looked down at the ground.

“Yeah I know…it’s…”

He cut me off as he took my hand in his and pulled me “Come on I want to show you something.” after we walked a long narrow path, which I must admit got me tired, I could hear the soothing sound of water trickling.

“Remember that river we used to come out to…I think it’s still here” he said as he trotted down the mound, I followed, I saw the beautiful body of crystal clear water. “Wow” I exclaimed loudly as I turned to look at him.

He ran and jumped without notice into the water “What in the world are you doing Kevin Richardson…you don’t know what’s in there?”

He laughed as he swam around clothes and all. “Come on Kayla don’t be so chicken…you didn’t worry about that back in the day.”

I crossed my arms and rolled my eyes “Well back in the day there were a lot of things I didn’t worry about.” he came out of the water and stood next to me.

“Here give me your hand…we will go together like before” he stuck his hand out and waited for mine.

why did this frustrate me so much, all this back in the day talk, him acting like his father wouldn’t be buried tomorrow, and especially all this kissing with no justification… “No…back in the day is gone…this is now Kevin…”

I began to walk away but he pulled me back “Kayla don’t be so stubborn…you know that we…” I know he was going to say something that I didn’t want to hear, but I could read something different in his eyes.

Then he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me in and we began to kiss again, this time more passionately.

Deep down my heart was fighting my desire to go all the way, but my body was telling me the opposite. And of course I listened to my body, we were on the ground now and his wet clothes were soaking me.

I was looking straight into his eyes as he slowly removed my clothes and then his. What I had been waiting for was about to happen. I must have seemed very nervous, because a smile broke across his face as he whispered “Are you ok?“

I shyly nodded Hell I was nervous, I had been anticipating this day for a long time. Of course I didn’t know what would happen later or tomorrow, but all that didn’t matter at this very moment. Ouch holly cow

I’ve got to admit it was a painful start, but soon it became a wonderful and exploding feeling. After all was done we just laid there, in silence, stripped down not only of our clothes, but of our feelings.

I held on to him tight, I didn’t want this moment to end. I didn’t want reality to settle any time soon. “Hey I think we should get back it’s getting dark.”

I sat up as I covered myself with my hands, a little late for embarrassment, but I was. He handed me my clothes as he dressed.

Why did this feel more awkward than I thought it would. “Is something the matter Kevin?” I stood up now, he turned to face me.

“Uh…actually there is…Kayla…”

Oh great now there is something wrong after the deed is done. I looked away and began my route up the mound “Wait…Kayla I haven’t even said anything yet”

He hadn’t said anything yet, but I knew it was something bad

I continued to walk and he followed, before I knew it I could see the houses across the fields…I turned around abruptly “Just say it damn it! Stop giving me the run around like I’m still that little girl that you used to protect…”

He sighed heavily as he looked around “Say it” I yelled again, this time firing him up.

"Fine…it’s…Tiffany she is coming today…”

I let out a scream of anger “What? But what about what just happened right now…?”

He tried grabbing my hand, but I pulled away “That was...something special, but Kayla…I’m still engaged and I am still planning on getting married to Tiffany.”

I broke in a hysterical laugh as I now made way through the field “Kayla…wait would you wait…” he stormed right after me.

“Go away Kevin…I don’t want to talk or see you anymore...just leave me alone.” Finally my yard, anyone have a shovel so I can dig a hole and burry myself…or better yet maybe I’ll throw myself in Mr. Richardson’s tomorrow.

“Kevin…” we both heard a female voice yell in the distance. There she was her dark red hair blowing in the wind, a nice wide smile across her face. I couldn’t help it now my anger was nothing but pain “Well I guess you should go…” I said, the tears began to flow down my cheeks I didn’t want to show him, how much this whole incident hurt, but I couldn’t help it.

“Kayla…” I began to walk towards my house as he stood there, I could imagine torn between greeting his soon to be wife, or running after his long time friend.

“Please…don’t leave like that, you mean so much to me…but we just weren’t meant to be together…” but I didn’t stop I walked past my dad working on the porch, bumped into my mom in the kitchen, but I continued my path to my room.

I took a seat at my window and wallowed.

The funeral was horrible, the preacher saying what he does. Never paid attention to a word he said people sobbing, It was really sad to see Ann‘s face, she was so hurt about her husband…I would of liked to be able to revive him, just for her.

She was the sweetest lady and by what I could see they loved each other so much.
long sorrowful faces, dark gray skies It was like the sky dressed for the occasion too. I glanced over and was pain stricken by the sorrow in Kevin’s eyes, but selfishly I felt more pain to see her cheating, lying, deceiving ass be the one to console him.

His eyes flew my way more than once, but I pretending to not notice and just looked at the deep hole waiting to swallow Mr. Richardson.

Once it was over I just stood there holding a rose, Mr. Richardson had been so good to me and my family ever since we had moved in. I wiped the tears that escaped my eyes “Oh Mr. Richardson…he thought about you everyday…” I threw the rose and was embraced by my mother “Come on dear”

I walked, but I was in a daze in a painful, miserable, self centered daze. That day I refused to set foot at the Richardson’s house and decided to sit at my window and continue wallowing in my pain. Of course I ended up doing that more than I wanted, I watched as Kevin came and went with Tiffany day in and day out, he didn‘t even bother to come look for me or call me.

My mom and dad tried talking to me, but I said nothing, I just wanted to be alone and they respected that. It had been a week and a half and they were still here, I really wanted them to leave so they could stop torturing me with their presence.