- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Once again sorry for the wait...I"m going through writers freakin block which sucks! I hate it! But I hope you like this chapter...thanks!
That night I couldn’t sleep all I could imagine was Trevor and Tiffany coming after us and most likely killing us all. My parents were gone for the weekend and we were all alone, although I knew Kevin wasn’t to far away, at this point he would let us die and rot.

I tried my best to close my eyes and sleep, but I just couldn’t. Not to mention that the storm that had just started was making me uneasy, the raindrops were splashing hard against the windowpane and the spooky noise that the branches made against the house, made my skin crawl.

I stared at the door although it was dark there was a crack of light that came through my window. I preferred to look at the door, just thinking about looking at the window creeped me out, all I could imagine was Trevor’s eyes looking right back at me, my thoughts were interrupted by the door swinging open, I felt I swallowed my tongue.

I sat up quickly and switched the light on, forgetting about my thoughts on the eyes in the window. “I’m so sorry to scare you like that, I just couldn’t sleep.” Becky peaked through the door, holding little Sandy.

Although she had scared the living shit out of me, I patted my bed “Sure there is plenty of room for all three of us.” She gently laid Sandy in between us and laid next to her. “Don’t worry Becky everything will be ok girl…” I smiled at her as I turned off the light and now turned towards the window.

As I lay there, the exhaustion taking over me, but I just couldn’t bring myself to close my eyes. I was so worried that something or someone was coming to get us. Suddenly a noise from the downstairs made me jump up, I looked towards the door, thinking twice about walking over and opening it.

Now these are the reasons why people get slaughtered in those scary movies, because they can’t mind their own business, because they can’t just walk away and ignore the stupid sounds that terrify them. I got up and headed for the door, I turned to make sure that Becky and Sandy were still there and they were, sound asleep.

I opened the door slowly and poked my head out, the hall seemed really long and narrow for the first time, it seemed endless. I stepped out as quiet as I could, trying not to make a sound. I crept down the stairs and peered into the living room, but I didn’t see anything out of the ordinary.

I walked around the rest of the house, my heart was pounding so fast I thought it was going to shoot right out of my chest. I began to giggle at the amount of fear I was feeling, maybe I was being a little paranoid, but just as I turned to go back upstairs something came crashing on to my head and I saw black.

When I woke, I woke to a cry and screaming. “Leave her alone, she has nothing to do with this you know.” I heard Becky’s voice, I wiped the blood that trickled down my forehead. “Are you ok?” she knelt down to check my forehead.

I looked over and saw Trevor standing there holding a crow bar in his hands “Nice to see you again pussy cat.” he laughed as he demanded I stand up and walk towards the back porch. We obeyed and began for the door “Don’t try calling him and getting his attention or I’ll hurt him too.” I felt him poke my back with the bar.

“What do you want Trevor?” I blurted forgetting that he had the bar in his hands and how easy it was for him to whack me across the head with it. He laughed as he pulled me in “You ruined my plans pussy cat…and now…I’m very angry.” he suddenly let me have a smack on the side with the bar, a yelp of pain escaped my mouth as I fell down to the floor in pain.

“Leave her alone Trevor, she has nothing to do with this, she kept your dirty secret all that time…” she glared at him as she squeezed Sandy protectively. Sandy as long as he doesn’t hurt Sandy we will be ok.

“Alright hand over the baby…” he held out his arms, waiting for Becky to hand over Sandy, I quickly nodded my head and exclaimed “No…don‘t do it Becky…don‘t!” He turned to look at me as he raised the bar again. I flinched not another one of those, why couldn’t he be a man and use his fist damn it.

Becky began to hand over the baby, but before he could grab her I grabbed a screw driver that I had eyed and stuck it into his leg. He yelled in pain startling Becky, she began for the door and I followed as we left him behind, cursing a storm.

“Run Becky…run…” I was out of breath and felt everything spinning, I turned to look towards Kevin’s door and grabbed Becky and ran up the porch. We banged on the door like crazy yelling his name but he never came. “We have to go come on” she headed out to the fields.

Before we were even half way through we could here him yelling obscenities, my curiosity got the best of me and I decided to turn to look back, as I did I fell into a pothole, probably that same stupid one I fell in so many years ago.

I just watched Becky continue running towards the river and Trevor’s voice getting closer.