- Text Size +

I closed my eyes expecting the worst as I felt a pair of arms scoop me up and run with me, little by little I opened my eyes. I was face to face with him, a smile came across my face and for an instant I forgot all that was happening.

“What the hell was all that pounding on my door, and why are you all muddy and in a pot hole?” Kevin asked as he put me down and I leaned against a tree. “Oh shit your bleeding…”

I ignored him as I looked around trying to see if I could catch a glimpse of Becky and the baby “I can’t explain right now…Kevin we are in danger…Travis is here…he’s after Becky and the baby and I lost them.” I began to limp into the woods, hoping that he would follow me.

“Wait Trevor…have you lost your mind?” he stood looking at me, while I looked around like a crazy person. Finally my eyes met with his, his look had a lot of concern in it. Last thing I wanted was for him to think I was delusional, he grabbed my arm “Come on Kayla speak up, what the hell is going on?”

“I’m not crazy Kevin. He is here…he bashed me over the head with a damn crowbar” he reminded me of the stinging on the side of my head, I suddenly felt a little dizzy, but I ignored it and grabbed Kevin and continued my path into the woods.

I didn’t remember it being so painful to walk through here when we were younger thorns stuck through my pants and rocks were in my shoes. I was exhausted and the pain in my head was getting greater. Our whole journey had been dreadfully silent.

“Kayla!” I heard someone shout, followed by a cry, I turned to look right by the same river I had been with Kevin, Becky sat made into a ball, holding Sandy. I forgot all my pain and discomfort then ran over to them. “Oh Kayla…your ok…I thought he had gotten you. I’m so sorry that I left you behind.”

I smiled “It’s ok…I thought the same thing, but Kevin found me before he did. Of course he thinks that I’m crazy.” By now Kevin was standing next to us and he seemed startled by the fear in Becky’s eyes.

“What the hell is going on here…” he said as he gave her a hand to stand up and I took Sandy in my arms. She was sound asleep, without a clue of what was going on. "

Suddenly before we could make another move, out of nowhere there was a loud bang. We all turned to look and there he stood, sweaty, tired and pissed off, Trevor. “God damn it…you make me run like an idiot…” he suddenly noticed that Kevin was with us. “I see you called for back up.”

“What do you want Trevor?” Becky asked him as all three of us stood not to sure of what to do. “Leave them out of it…its me you want. Right?” He didn’t want her, he wanted Sandy to take her far and claim money for her. Well that is what I was imagining.

“Alright already, lets get this over with!” he gave us a look as he rubbed his temples “Fuck…and you…” he pointed at me “You have seriously fucked up my plans. It was all planned out and I wasn’t going to be broke anymore. But no…Ms. Bumpkin goody two shoes had to come along and stir up some trouble.”

Kevin gave him a glare, but it wasn’t the reaction I would have expected from him “Trevor don’t insult her, she really just fell into all this.” Trevor was ecstatic with Kevin’s response “Look just let her go.”

I looked at him a little confused on how calm he was talking, as if he wasn’t scared of psycho Trevor “What are you doing?” I whispered. He looked at me “Don’t worry girls I have it all under control. Just give me the baby ok.” I hugged the baby towards me and gave him a puzzled look.

“Okay all this lovey dovey shit is cute, but I have some money to claim and these two bitches have to pay for fucking up my plans. So Kevin do you mind just grabbing them by the hair and bringing them to me. Can you do something with balls for once.” He smirked.

“You know what…you’re a fucking asshole” they continued to argue back and forth as if they were brothers. “Look I’m not going to let him hurt you ok.” he looked at Becky and then me, at this point I was a little skeptical, was he going along with Trevor or…

Trevor rolled his eyes “Alright…I’ll get them myself” he made his way slowly over to us. “If you can’t be man enough to tell your long time friend that you are as big a scumbag as I am. Than I will tell her myself. Listen you didn’t just fuck up my plans you fucked up your friends.”

I looked at Kevin who gave out a sigh “What is he talking about Kevin?” I stood their waiting for his answer…but he was as speechless as I was. Trevor was now in front of me and was pulling on Sandy. “Let go of her Trevor” I scowled at him.

“How about another one on the head. Two doesn’t seem to be enough.” I took a step back, feeling like I was going to faint. As he slipped the little baby out of my arms I did, I fell right into Kevin’s arms and just caught a glimpse of his green eyes looking down at me.

When I came back to my senses I was sitting on a chair my hands tied behind my back with something really tight over my mouth. My circulation was cutting off and my hands were numb, the gash on my head was now covered by a bandage. I looked around and saw Becky sitting on the sofa tied up as well, her face full of panic.

The two guys were walking into the room, “Listen it’s your little crush here who fucked it all up. So I’m going to punish her.” he caressed my head as I wiggled around. I couldn’t keep my gaze away from Kevin. He was in this the whole time, how could I not see it.

“Ok…I’m going to get the shovel in the garage. Can I trust you to be alone with these two girls?” Trevor caressed my head again, all I wanted was to bash his head with the shovel. My thoughts were startled by Kevin taking off my gag as soon as he saw Trevor gone.

“Before you say anything, I didn’t know that you were going to get involved in this.” he looked at me with a look I had never seen before, but I didn’t trust him any longer. “Would you say something…anything…before he comes back.”

“How could you do this to someone…your parents thought so highly of you. I would of never guessed Kevin. Why?” my eyes began to water and a tear seeped through the side of my eye. He wiped it gently with the side of his hand “Don’t touch me.” I grunted.

“I’m not going to let him hurt you ok?” suddenly Trevor’s voice was heard and Kevin shoved the gag back in my mouth. “What the hell are you yelling about man” Kevin walked out to the patio to help Trevor.

I wasn’t sure at this point what the hell was going to happen, but I had to admit I was scared and shocked. My long time best friend was nothing like I thought he was, the whole time he had been acting. I swallowed the knot in my throat I wasn’t about to show those two my fear.

“Alright did you say your good byes, I’m taking her first.” Trevor began to untie my hands, right away I felt the hot rush of my blood flowing through my hands again. Just admit it your scared shitless and you don’t know what the hell your going to do. “Well don’t just stand there, we need to take that baby and these two aren’t going to let us. So the only thing we can do is…get rid of them.”

Kevin didn’t seem to convinced of the scheme “But we weren’t going to hurt anyone Trevor” Trevor began to laugh out loud “Kevin…we weren’t but things change. Now listen Kayla, Kevin and I are roommates in New York not california and well nothing has gone good for us…Kevin and I are lousy business men. So I met Becky found out she had a sister…”

Everything was bizarre. Trevor had found out that Becky and Tiffany had a trust fund each and decided that either both or one would get the money. He wasn't sure how far he could go with Becky, so he had seduced Tiffany too. "Kevin is a weakling, he decided to back out as soon as you came into the picture. But it's to late for that...your my problem now."

Before I could finish putting the whole story together, he had me untied and standing up. “Ok Becky say good bye to your protective friend. Hey at least she goes first right babe!” he roughly grabbed my arm and dragged me outside.

“Come on Trevor don’t’ do this. We weren’t going to hurt anyone.” he grabbed my other arm. “Kevin stop being such a pussy and give me a hand. I’m not sure what the hell we should do…whack her across the head and bury her or just shoot her.” he waved the gun in my face. Ok I’m scared this man is insane. I’m about to die and I can’t really think about myself. I just see Sandy’s face… the twosome continued to argue amongst each other ignoring my presence. They began to fight for the gun and it suddenly fell by my feet. Before I could think it through I had a hold on the it and I took a step back and pointed it at them. “Don’t move I’ll shoot” I might not…