- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

YAY ANOTHER COMPLETED...let me know if this ending sucks...I wont mind.

I took a deep breath and slowly made my way towards the porch on my hands and knees, trying my best not to make a sound and hoping that I could reach the gun. Grabbing all the courage within me, I lunged myself towards it and grabbed a hold of it. I slid my way back to towards Tiffany, accidentally knocking her down.

It startled Trevor who lost grip of Becky who ran towards both of us. We all stood in place as he pointed the gun at us, waiting for him to decide who he would shoot first. “Give her back the baby Trevor” I demanded, as I held the gun back up at him. “I’m not playing anymore.” I yelled with more emphasis than I wanted.

“Oh please the last time you had a gun you just waved it around and did nothing.” Trevor pointed back at me “But see I don’t just point, I will shoot.” Now what? Come on think of something! God I think I’m going to piss my pants. I looked around trying to figure out my next damn move, and nothing was coming to mind. Seriously I had no intentions of hurting anyone. Suddenly my concentration was broken by Kevin who leaned against the doorway…“Shoot him” Kevin grunted holding his side.

Without hesitation Trevor shot towards him again, this time hitting him right in the chest. A scream escaped my mouth as I saw him fall flat on his back, although he had lied to me, I still felt the same for him and I was full of rage. I pointed the gun at Trevor, closed my eyes and pulled the trigger.

The echo kept ringing in my ears…my eyes were still closed and I could here sobbing coming from different directions. As I slowly opened them, I saw Becky cradling Sandy in her arms and Tiffany sobbing like a baby right next to me. “I’m sorry” I uttered, still in shock.

She turned to look at me, I flinched a little waiting for her to hit me or something. “I didn’t know…” she swallowed, “I thought he was in love with me, I never meant to hurt you Becky. He…I’m sorry” she eased her way up and both sisters wrapped their arms around each other.

I wasn’t so sure that he was dead, I didn’t even know where the hell I had shot him. But I was more worried of the stillness Kevin seemed to be in. “Kevin” I whispered, but I got no answer. Shaking him a little I said his name again “Please wake up” I stared at him.

There was utter silence for a minute, then he opened his eyes making me squeal like a pig. “Your alive.” I said hugging him. I’m sorry was all that he could say, as I took off my sweater and pressed it against his side wound, it seemed to be worse than the one in his chest. “Please don’t leave me.” I smiled at him.

I could hear the sirens getting closer, the two girls still hugging outside. I turned to look at them a smile crawling on my face, all the time I had thought those two were hating each other and it was just a big mix up. Trevor had lied to everyone, and Tiffany was just another bystander, pulled in by his evil ways.

While I turned slowly to look back at Kevin, another two shots echoed through the house. I turned to look at the two women on the porch and watched in horror as Becky slowly fell to the ground. “NOOO” I yelled leaping up and running towards her, just to find Trevor dragging himself down the porch stairs.

I hadn’t killed the bastard, Tiffany sat next to Becky, who was bleeding from her mouth. “Take care of Sandy for me” she pleaded as she looked at both of us. I hovered over her “Thanks…for defending…us” she whispered as she placed her hand over Sandy’s little face.

I looked around, everyone in their sunglasses trying to hide their tears or the hypocrisy. Everyone in their festive black outfits, counting the minutes to have coffee and whatever snacks were going to be offered. I didn’t bother with the sunglasses, the tears just didn’t want to stay and they kept flowing down my cheeks.

A crack of thunder echoed through the sky as the priest finished his last words, and the drizzle followed as the crowd began to disperse. Sandy rested on my left hip, it was to sad for her to wear black so she wore a little red dress. She smiled playfully at me as I tried to smile back at her. “I’ll take her” Tiffany said as she wiped a tear from her face.

Without a word a handed her over and stood their frozen, hoping that I could jump in the hole and tag along into the darkness. I wasn’t sure how long it would take me to forget about the whole incident, maybe never. Plus Trevor was in prison and someday he would be out with more rage than before. I held the white rose in my hand, as I choked on my tears “I love you” I whispered, as I let the flower go down into the darkness.

“It’s going to be ok” I felt the familiar pat on my back “He loved you. Tiffany said he always talked about you, that's why she didn't like you.” Becky smiled at me as she pulled me in for a warm embrace. “I’m not lying” she smiled again.

I looked up and locked eyes with a familiar face in sorrow, a weak smile crept across her face, I smiled back reassuring her that everything would be ok. Once again if I could have, I would have given my place just to know that she wouldn't hurt again.

My concentration was broken by Becky's arm slipping into mine, now we made our way towards the car. All three of us almost in pace, Becky with a limp from her two gun wounds slowing us down. Tiffany turned to me and laughed “So your the lucky one that got the midnight horse rides?” I blushed with a nod, as we all giggled. “Just so you know he never stopped loving you or talking about you…” I turned to look back as my heart broke watching the men fill in the hole.