- Text Size +
I left him outside contemplating, I was so angry my cheeks where burning through my skin, but I had to calm myself down, this night wasn’t about me it was about Tiffany and Kevin and I was not going to be the person to ruin it for them or was I.

I was headed to the bathroom, but happen to be sidetracked by some laughter coming from the janitor’s room. The door was slightly open and dumbly I decided to take a peek and was very shocked by what I saw.

I rushed down the hall and back into the ballroom, just to bump into Becky “Are you ok…you look like you just saw a ghost?”

I drank two glasses of champagne before I could dig up the courage to answer “Yeah…what?”

“I asked if you are ok…you just gulped down two glasses of champagne like water.”

I giggled nervously “Your being silly, I’m fine” Becky looked at me not to convinced about what I was saying.

“Hey I can’t find Trev…”

“Nope I haven’t seen him” I accidentally cut her off, my heart was pounding fast and I was aware that I answered her question before she finished it, maybe I was being too obvious that I had seen something that I shouldn’t have, what was I going to do.

Should I tell her…no, that would really mess up things, her wedding was only a couple of weeks away and she was very excited about it plus she wouldn’t believe that her own sister was sleeping with her fiancé.

The stupid engagement party went on and I was smashed out of my mind along with Becky and Trevor, who had been ignoring her almost all night.

“I…I want to make a toast to…” Becky giggled as she tried raising her glass and ended up spilling it on herself.

"Would you stop being such a fool little sister…your going to get the limo dirty.” Tiffany gushed, I wanted to squeeze the life out of her not only was she deceiving to her sister, but to Kevin…who unfortunately for me seemed to be in love with her.

Becky turned to look at me “Hey I am going to hook you up with Trevor’s friend Mike. He is really nice…he’s black…” Becky began to laugh, which for some reason made me laugh “You know what they say about black guys…” she mumbled and we laughed even harder.

"You two are so immature…I’m not sure what Trevor see’ in you?” We all looked at her and silence filled the limo, but Becky began to laugh again “Your so uptight sis”

I began to laugh too, but in the back of my drunken mind I knew why she had made that malicious comment.

Tiffany rolled her eyes as she nestled her head onto Kevin’s shoulder “Your awfully quiet tonight honey. Is everything ok?” he stared deeply into my eyes.

“Yeah everything is fine.” He kissed her forehead, now I rolled my eyes. We came to a halt, dropping off stuttering Trevor at his apartment, Becky blew him a kiss and we were on our way home.

“You want to help me take these two upstairs” Kevin asked Tiffany as he helped Becky out of the limo first.

“No…I’m so fed up with them right now…you go ahead, I’ll wait here”

He also helped me up the stairs as Becky and I engaged in a drunk conversation totally ignoring him “Here help her she really needs it” Becky laughed as she looked for her keys, I held on tight to Kevin as I caught a glimpse of his green eyes looking at me.

Becky was finally able to open the door as she collapsed into the apartment “Oh my god Kayla I haven’t had this much fun since…I don’t’ know” then she disappeared into her room and as we headed to mine I saw her passed out cold on her bed.

I fell on to my bed, accidentally pulling him with me, we laid staring into each other’s eyes an awkward silence filled the room “Thank you…” I tried speaking but suddenly felt dizzy and ill to my stomach.

“Are you ok?” I breathed in his scent “No…I’m going to be sick” my head fell back as he managed to get up, he dragged me to the bathroom, I took a seat on the tub and let out all my alcohol into the toilette as he held my hair “You’ll feel better after that, I’ll be right back”

He ran out as I fell to the floor hugging the toilette, I could hear him rummaging through the kitchen cabinets and suddenly there he was standing in the doorway with a cup, looking as handsome as he did the last time I had seen him.

I wanted to cry now, but I was fighting to hold the tears back. “Here this will definitely make you feel much better”

He handed me the cup that fizzed and I took a sip “I’m so sorry…Tiffany must be waiting for you”

“It’s ok…it’s the least I can do” and then I did it…I began to cry “What now?” he asked alarmed.

“It’s just that I can’t believe after three years I find you and your getting married and you act like you never wanted to see me again. Why?” he sat down next to me as he ran his fingers through my hair “I was afraid…because of what you said when I drove off, I didn’t want to hurt you. I spent the holidays at Tiffany’s mom and my parents always went with me. I asked them not to mention anything”

I didn’t know if what he was saying was a good thing, I couldn’t focus on what he was saying, but it sure felt like old times sitting in the bathroom with him next to me, taking care of me.

“Look I’m so passed that, I…I don’t think of you like that anymore…I’m just more upset that you forgot about me.”

Yeah right! Just what I had feared was happening seeing him again, stirring up all my old feelings this really sucked “You better go, before your lovely fiancé has a heart attack.”

He stood up and gave me a hand “Thanks again” He gave me a smile that broke my heart all over again. From the window I watched him hop into the limo and drive off with that wicked fiancé of his. What was I going to do?

The next morning Becky startled me with her moans as she entered my room, I quickly wiped the tears from my eyes.

“What is wrong Kayla? Did something happen last night?”

I really didn’t want her to know that her sister’s fiancé was my Kevin. “Uh…no it’s just that I’m getting home sick. Last nights party was really stressing and it wasn’t even for me.” I chuckled

“We were so hammered last night girl…I’ve got the biggest headache. Are you sure your ok?” I reassured her with a smile that I had to force, all I could think about was that Trevor and Tiffany were making fools out of two people that were very important to me.

I met up with Becky in the kitchen “Hey is your sister always such a bitch” So I said it, I had to or my tongue was going to explode, now I just had to wait for Becky’s reaction to my big mouth.

“Uh…yeah she thinks she’s perfect, that is why she is trying to rush and get married if possible before me.”

I wanted to come out and say it your sister and your fiancé are doing each other

I must of mumbled my thought because she looked at me pensive “Did you just say something?”

I shook my head, and swallowed down the words stuck in my throat “No, your still drunk aren’t you?” she laughed “Your dumb! Your always mumbling to yourself” The subject was put to the side for the day as we headed for work.