- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Well, since my birthday is tomorrow, I figured we should celebrate with an update - though, don't expect another right away - haha. Took me forever to get this one done & up. I feel bad this one's going slow now, when it originally had a speedy start, but stuff happens & then you don't feel as good about things, so you slow them down. But, I'm in a rather good mood, so thought I'd put y'all in one too. Least, I hope so. Okay, enough of my rambling...Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own Lenore, gang, & story idea. Ashley owns herself & her family. The creators of Law & Order own everything else. Thank-you!
Lenore sat in a hard chair at the airport, her knapsack next to her. She’d already had her suitcase checked and sent off with all the other luggage that would be on her flight. She was getting nervous, which anyone could see, as her right leg bounced incessantly as she sat.

“Elliot’s gonna kill me,” she muttered to herself, as she checked to make sure her knapsack was still at her feet. She’d taken it off to give her back a rest, but made sure to keep a close eye on it, as her favourite shirts and stuffed animal were in it; as well as a couple books to read along the way.

She stood as her flight was called, slinging her knapsack onto her shoulder and making sure she’d her plane ticket in hand. She made her way over to the terminal and showed the lady there her ticket, and was allowed to make her way through the terminal and out to the plane. She adjusted her knapsack nervously as she walked, only stopping with security asked her to wait a moment before heading out. Once a few more people had caught up to her, they were all led out to the plane they were to board.

She showed the flight attendant her ticket, and the lady pointed to where her seat was. She quickly made her way to her seat and sat down, after putting her knapsack in the overhead compartment. She was scared stiff, as she’d never been on a plane before and she’d never traveled alone. She and Elliot always drove everywhere, when they did actually go on vacation – which was next to never. He was always too busy with work, especially as of late.

She took her seat and buckled up, deciding she’d not take the seatbelt off until they reached their destination. She looked around nervously, hoping to God Elliot didn’t catch her before she’d a chance to escape. Though, she was sure that he’d figured out where she was headed by now.

“Please God, don’t let us crash,” she prayed quietly to herself. She was terrified of flying, and flying alone just intensified that fear. “Please let me get there safe and sound. Please!

It wasn’t until the plane had finally taken off, that she allowed herself to relax some. Yes, she was still scared stiff, but she could relax because Elliot had yet to catch up to her – which meant, she was well on her way to Arizona to visit her friend.


In the mean time, Elliot and Olivia were on their way to the airport, speeding through traffic in hopes of getting there in time, before Lenore’s flight took off. It had only taken them, about ten minutes to figure it all out after making a bunch of phone calls. But, ten minutes was a big enough start, that Lenore could already be well on her way to Arizona.

“She better not have gotten on that plane!” Elliot growled somewhat, as he sped along, following the signs that would lead them to the airport. “I’ll skin her alive!”

“El, you will not and you know it,” Olivia told him. “The most you’ll do is ground her for all eternity.”

“Damn straight I will!” Elliot declared. “If I don’t throttle her first!”

Olivia laughed. “It’s a good thing I know you well enough to know you’d never actually throttle her.”

“Lucky for her,” Elliot muttered, slamming on the brakes as the cars in front of them came to a stop. “Dammit! Of all times for there to be a traffic jam!”

“Maybe we’ll get lucky, and the flight will be post-phoned,” Olivia said, trying to calm her partner down some.

“Maybe she’ll be lucky that it hasn’t been,” Elliot replied. “She knows I’m going to be furious when I finally catch up to her.”

“And we all know how frightening that can be for some people,” Olivia reminded him. “She adores you Elliot, and is more than likely running to avoid seeing you disappointed and upset with her – though, she should know you’ll be anyway.”

“I’ll just be happy if she makes it out of this whole situation alive,” Elliot stated. “Because if they catch up to her out there, there’s no way I can protect her. And Liv – that’s what scares me the most.”

Olivia nodded her understanding. “Maybe we should talk to the Captain about one or two of us heading out there, just in case.”

“Well, that’ll hafta wait until we get back to the station,” Elliot said. “Because if I talk to him now, I’m bound to start yelling and that won’t turn out good at all.”

Olivia groaned. “Maybe Munch and Fin are having better luck getting there, than we are.”

“I sure hope so,” Elliot grumbled, as he waited impatiently for the traffic to get moving again.


“Excuse me, Ma’am,” Munch began. “Has the flight to Arizona left already?”

The lady behind the counter looked up, and eyed them warily. “I’m afraid you’ll have to get in line, Sir.”

“We’re here on Official business,” Fin told her, holding up his badge, as Munch showed her is. “Now, did the flight to Arizona leave yet?”

The lady checked her computer, clicking away quickly. “Yes, it has. It left about ten minutes ago.”

“Do you know when it will land?” Munch wanted to know.

The lady clicked away on the keyboard some more. “Seven forty-five tonight. The flight just left at two o’clock on the dot - it was actually right on schedule.”

“Did this girl happen to get on the plane?” Fin demanded, holding up a photo he had of Lenore. “She’d be traveling alone and probably a little nervous looking.”

The woman eyed the photo for a minute. “I’m sorry, but I don’t recall seeing her. If you already have your plane ticket, you just go sit over in the waiting area.”

Both Detectives nodded. “Thank-you, for all your help.”

The woman nodded, as the two Detectives walked away from her counter, to let her continue her work. She was curious, but didn’t dare ask what was going on – she knew if it was her business, they would’ve told her.

Munch and Fin headed on over to the woman standing near the terminal entrance, to take the tickets of flight passengers.

“Excuse us, Ma’am,” Fin started. “But have you seen this girl at all this afternoon?”

Once more he held up Lenore’s photo, which he carried in his wallet. They all had one, as she was part of their family and loved to give them all photos of herself just for fun.

The young woman eyed the photo carefully. “Why, yes, I have. She was sitting in that chair, right over there bouncing her leg. She looked nervous about getting on the plane, and glared at anyone who got too close to her knapsack – though, it cleared security.”

“Did she get on a plane at all?” Munch asked.

The woman nodded. “Yes. I believe it was the one to Arizona. We’ve only had two flights called so far in the past half hour.”

Munch and Fin groaned, as they realized Lenore had indeed foolishly gotten on the plane and left the state. “Thank-you, Ma’am.”

“May I ask why?” The lady questioned curiously.

“She’s a run away we’re trying to find,” Munch replied, which was pretty much the truth.

The young woman nodded. “Well, I wish you all the luck in the world in finding her.”

“Thank-you,” Fin replied, as him and Munch turned and headed towards the airport entrance to leave.

Just as they reached the entrance, Elliot and Olivia came running in, both a bit out of breath, as they’d parked the car and run on inside.

“Well, is she here?” Elliot demanded, hands on his knees as he caught his breath. “Is she?”

“Sorry man, she just left on the flight to Arizona about ten minutes ago,” Fin informed him.

“Dammit!” Elliot exclaimed angrily, doing a half turn. “If it hadn’t been for the traffic, Liv and I would’ve been here sooner!”

“Elliot, relax,” munch told him. “We’ll find her.”

“Our best bet is to go back to the station and talk to the Captain about us going down there to get her,” Olivia stated. “C’mon El. The faster we get back, the faster you can hop a flight to Arizona.”

Elliot groaned and muttered some, as they all headed back out to their cars, so they could drive on back to the station to discuss their next move with the Captain.


At seven forty-five, a plane landed in Phoenix, Arizona – one thirteen-year-old girl made her way through the over-sized crowd towards baggage claim. There she retrieved her lone suitcase, as she shifted her knapsack up higher on her right shoulder. She then looked around for the friend that was to be meeting her there. It was then she heard someone scream her name across the airport.

“LENNI!”

Lenore turned and looked, her eyes going wide and her face lighting up excitedly. “ASHEE!”

The two girls ran for one another, the one who’d just come from New York, lugging her traveling items along with her. Upon reaching one another, they shared their first of many embraces. Both were thrilled to see one another in person for the very first time.

“You made it!” Ashley exclaimed.

“I thought I’d never get here!” Lenore replied. “The flight was so long, I half expected Elliot to suddenly pop up outta no where and drag me back home!”

Ashley laughed, and hugged her friend again. “Well, c’mon! You can meet my Mom and my sisters!”

Lenore grinned widely, as Ashley helped her lug her suitcase over to where her mother and two sisters stood. “Hi!”

“Hello,” Lisa smiled, happy her daughter’s friend from New York was finally able to come out for a visit. “It’s nice to finally meet you.”

“You too,” Lenore laughed. “It’s better than yelling ‘Hi Mom’ over yahoo messenger.”

Lisa nodded her agreement. “Much better.” She then introduced the two younger girls there with her. “This is Brandi, and Courtney.”

“Hey!” Lenore said enthusiastically. “I’ve heard a whole lot about you two.”

“Probably all bad, knowing Ashley,” Brandi commented.

“Nope! Just the opposite,” Lenore replied. “Heard mostly good.”

The two girls looked a little shocked, but smiled back at their new house guest, as they all turned and headed for their car, which they’d parked in one of the many parking lots.

Lenore talked excitedly with Ashley and her sisters the whole way to the car. She could tell that this was going to be the best trip she’d ever taken! Especially since she was going to be able to hang out with one of her best friends.