- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I had a dream the other night about Law & Order: SVU.....so I got inspired! Don't you just lvoe when I start off with, "I had a dream...." Lol. I hope to have more dreams about this show soon! So then maybe I can finally get this story going good again & get it done! Lol. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own Lenore, Nathaniel, Ashley, baddies, & story idea. Nick & Aaron Carter own themselves, as does BSB. The creators of Law & Order own everyone else. Thank-you!

“Hey Captain, we think we’ve figured everything out,” Munch stated, soon as they spotted Captain Craigen coming out of his office.

 

“Well, what did you find out?” Captain Craigen demanded.

 

“Seems Lenore’s got a crush on the one gang member,” Fin began.

 

“So she joined the gang because she likes the guy?” Captain Craigen repeated.

 

“No, she joined the gang because she was trying to help Elliot,” Munch piped up.

 

“Helping Elliot do what exactly?” Captain Craigen snapped somewhat.

 

“We’re not one hundred percent sure on this, but we think she was trying to help him catch the perps,” Fin explained. “You see, Elliot probably told her to steer clear of that side of town, since he knew how dangerous it was. Her, being the inquisitive and rebellious type would’ve asked for an explanation. Elliot, wanting to make sure she steered clear of there, probably told her all about the gang and maybe even showed her once of the cases we’ve had about them.”

 

“And without knowing it, he helped her get it into her head that she could help him by going undercover and joining them, while gathering all the information he’d need to put them away for good,” Munch continued.

 

“The only thing is, she got too close,” Fin went on. “She got in over her head, and then started liking the one member more than she should have. So instead of getting out once she knew all she’d need, or close to it, she stayed instead because of him.”

 

“So all this, because she suddenly decided she wanted to play a game of cops and robbers?!” Captain Craigen exclaimed angrily. “She’s my four best detectives on a wild goose chase, all because she decided to be stupid and run off instead of just telling us from the beginning what was going on!”

 

“Seems that way,” Munch shrugged slightly.

 

“Does Elliot know?” Captain Craigen wanted to know.

 

“We figured it may be best not to tell him just yet,” Fin replied. “Let Lenore explain this one to him, because I for one really would rather not be in the line of fire.”

 

“I’ll call Novak and tell her what we know,” Captain Craigen told them. “And soon as Lenore’s back, she can tell us all the rest of it, so we can fill in all the missing pieces.”

 

Two days later…..

 

“Okay, is it just me, or does anyone else feel like we’re being followed?” Ashley asked her friends, as they walked along the one street, headed for the library.

 

“Ashee, we’re hanging out with Aaron Carter, so obviously there’s gonna be people following us!” Lenore exclaimed, giggling some. “I mean, c’mon! Wouldn’t you follow us too?”

 

“Shh!” Aaron hissed. “I’d rather not cause a riot!”

 

“Does it look like there’s anyone around here?” Lenore asked, waving her arms about to show them they were the only ones visible on the street at the moment.

 

“Doesn’t mean there isn’t somebody lurking somewhere,” Aaron countered. “You can never be too careful.”

 

“Yes you can,” Lenore replied. “It’s called living with a cop. Now that is careful!”

 

“It’s also dangerous, Lenni,” Ashley piped up. “I mean, it he makes anyone mad, they could easily break in and abduct you or something horrible like that.”

 

“But they haven’t and they won’t,” Lenore stated confidently.

 

“But you don’t know that!” Ashley insisted.

 

“Sure I do!” Lenore exclaimed. “I live with Elliot! He’s the biggest, baddest, greatest cop there is! Nobody would take him on unless they were absolutely, positively stupid!”

 

“So, what does that make you?” Aaron argued. “Aren’t you taking him on by be being here and getting yourself into all that trouble?”

 

“So I’m an idiot,” Lenore answered. “I never said I was very bright. Hell, I’m the dullest crayon in the box there is.”

 

Ashley rolled her eyes. “We’re not trying to put you down, Lenni. We’re trying to make you see that maybe you should’ve just told Elliot everything to begin with.”

 

“And then the three of us wouldn’t be walking together at this very moment, now would we?” Lenore snapped. “Obviously, some good has come from my foolish actions.”

 

“Well, I guess you have a point,” Ashley sighed. “I am rather quite happy you’re here with me.”

 

“And I’m happy to have met you both too,” Aaron added. “But I’ve been feeling like we’re being followed these past couple of days too. And it’s not the ‘hey I’m being followed by a fan’ being followed feeling either.”

 

“Well, what do you want me to do about it?” Lenore queried. “Yell at all the shadows, and tell them to go away?”

 

“Well….that would be rather funny,” Ashley smirked. “I wonder if they’d listen.”

 

“Prolly not,” Lenore smiled. “I think only Elliot can scare the shadows away.”

 

Ashley snickered. “You don’t think, you know.”

 

Shut-up!” Lenore hissed, narrowing her eyes at her best friend.

 

“If it helps any, Nick usually has Brian scare his shadows away,” Aaron grinned. “He scares off the gremlins too.”

 

Both girls laughed, the three of them easily slipping back into fun mode, acting as though they’d never argued at all. Soon enough, they’d reached the library and entered it, giggling and shoving one another around playfully as they went on it.

 

~~~~~

 

“See El, you were worried she hated you,” Olivia smiled. “I told you no matter what she’d still think highly of you.”

 

Elliot shook his head, as him and Olivia came out of hiding. They’d been trailing the young teens ever since they’d arrived in Gilbert, Arizona.

 

“We’ve been trailing them two days, and every time they try to get anything out of her, she just goes on about how good a cop I am,” he replied. “That isn’t helping us at all here.”

 

“It may not be helping the case, but I know it’s re-assuring you somewhat,” Olivia stated. “Don’t think I haven’t caught that proud look on your face, every time she starts going on and on about you. Feels nice to know you’re still her hero, doesn’t it?”

 

“Do you think anyone else is following them?” Elliot wondered aloud, changing the subject, ignoring his partner’s question completely. “I mean, if we can trail them and not be seen, though they feel they’re being followed – then what’s to say they haven’t been followed all this time by someone else too?”

 

“Well, if someone is trailing them, they’re damn good at it, since we haven’t seen anyone suspicious looking,” Olivia responded. “I mean, other than the odd fan going up to that blond boy they’re with, no one’s even dared to approach them.”

 

“You really need to catch up on pop culture, Liv,” Elliot smirked. “That blond boy just happens to be Aaron Carter, the younger brother of Nick Carter.”

 

“That Backstreet Boy she’s always going on about?” Olivia questioned.

 

“The one and only,” Elliot said. “And Aaron just happens to be quite famous himself. I’m sure if you were over more often, you’d hear his albums blaring from her room too.”

 

Olivia shook her head. “And you were afraid you didn’t know her anymore.”

 

“Would you quit turning everything I say about this case, into something personal for me?” Elliot snapped slightly. “You don’t have to keep saying it, Liv. I know what you’re thinking, and would prefer not to hear it aloud!”

 

Olivia smirked, but said nothing, as the two of them secretly entered the library to keep an eye on the three teens. They’d have stayed outside hidden where they were, but with their luck, the three would find another door to emerge from once done in the library.

 

~~~~~

 

Charles stood watching the library, unaware that the couple that had just entered the building were New York Detectives. He’d been ordered to trail Lenore, and trail her he would. Though, he’d the feeling someone was trailing him as well, to ensure he got the job done.

 

“Okay, so what if I’m a tad close to the kid?” He muttered quietly. “Don’t mean I ain’t gonna get the job done like I’m s’pose too. I’m not stupid enough to cross Louie. Only a complete idiot would do that, and sadly, seems the kid is one of them.”

 

He sighed heavily in frustration. It wasn’t his fault she’d gotten so damn close to him. It also wasn’t his fault he’d gotten so damned close in return! And there was no way it was his fault she was like the kid sister he never had.

 

“If they do anything more to her,” he growled softly, trailing off, as he’d no idea what he’d do if they did.

 

He knew Louie wanted to speak with her though, and he’d probably rough her up some again, as she didn’t follow through with his direct orders – and failing to follow his orders always ended in disaster. He’d seen more people die that way, all because they figured they knew better than Louie. Thinking that had been their first mistake – acting on it had been their second and last mistake.

 

“And who is this Elliot guy she keeps referring to?” Charles wondered aloud. “Does she seriously live with a cop, and not where she told us? If so, she’d best hope we never catch her – Louie will have her killed for lying to him. Unless…..maybe she didn’t tell us, because she didn’t want us to think she wasn’t on our side?”

 

He sighed once more, shrugging his shoulders. All he knew was that he had to get to the kid and talk to her, because one of his buddies got to her first and brought her back to Louie. He needed to know the truth before Louie! Otherwise, he’d never get the chance to speak to her alone again.

 

“She’d better have a damn good explanation,” he thought bitterly. “Because if she don’t, I’m gonna rough her up a tad myself. Stupid lil’ Brat!”

 

He angrily kicked a can that was lying on the ground of the alley in which he stood. Though he directed his anger towards the young one currently inside the library with what appeared to be friends, he was really angry with himself. Angry with having had let her get in so far over her head, when he had promised her he’d looked after her. Well, some job he’d done of that!