- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Well, guess what I found today when looking for my music CDs - I found the missing disc that held all my fics/poems I'd saved in December! I'd stuck 'em in with my CDs, as I must've been doing something with them right then & because I've no cases for the discs. Needless to say, I was very happy to find the beginning of this chapter!!!! It's about as long as the last chapter, but I think it gives y'all enough to know something's up. But, I'm babbling now & I'ma shut-up before I give too much away - lol. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own Lenore, gang, & story idea! The creators of Law & Order own everything else - except Ashley who owns herself!

Ashee: This is why I was so quiet tonight & not that much of a help with your fic! Lol. Surprise!!!!

Lenore sat in the one interrogation room nervously awaiting Dr. Huang’s arrival. She’d a feeling she was going to be found out now – she’d lied when she’d said she didn’t know what parts of her dream were real. Oh, she knew darn well what parts of it were real and which weren’t – for the most part. She knew she’d been breaking the rules and doing stupid things, but to her, her reasoning had been good – though, Elliot was going to kill her when he found out!

“I should’ve lied and said some bully beat me up,” Lenore grouched to herself softly. “Then I wouldn’t be in this mess.”

Dr. Huang entered the room then, smiling as he did so. “Hello Lenore. How are you today?”

“Okay, I guess,” Lenore replied honestly – probably the only honest thing that would be coming out of her mouth during this whole interview.

“So, I heard you had a dream you need help figuring out,” Dr. Huang stated, as he sat down. “But, if you’d like to discuss something else first, I’m fine with that too. I have as long as it takes to get you to figure out your dream.”

Lenore shrugged somewhat. “I dunno. Never talked to a shrink before.”

Dr. Huang nodded. “Well, there is nothing to be nervous about. We go at your pace and can start off with simple questions, if you’d like.”

“Okay,” Lenore replied softly.

“Who is your favourite Backstreet Boy?”

Lenore raised her eyebrows at him. “Oh, c’mon! Everybody knows its Brian Littrell!”

Dr. Huang sighed. “Lenore, we have to start off with what you’re comfortable with. I have to ask these questions, to ensure you’re being honest.”

Lenore rolled her eyes. “Fine... Brian is my favourite Backstreet Boy, okay?”

Dr. Huang nodded. “Yes. Now, what is your name and age?”

Lenore shook her head, rolling her eyes once more. “Lenore Parker, age thirteen. Birthday April 17th, 1994.”

“Alright, now I’m going to ask you about your dream,” Dr. Huang stated. “Can you tell me what happened in it?”

“Hobie Buchannon from Baywatch was in it,” Lenore began. “He kept telling me the gang was gonna kill me and Elliot and that I should have never said hello and stuff. That I should’ve lied about how and why I got beat up.”

“Why do you think Hobie was in it?”

“Because we were watching Baywatch last night,” Lenore answered flatly.

“Okay. Now, why did he keep telling you that the gang is going to kill you? Are you afraid that might happen?”

“Duh,” Lenore replied. “I mean, hello! I saw them kill a guy, remember?”

Dr. Huang scribbled some notes down upon his notepad. “And Hobie told you that you shouldn’t have said hello to them, am I correct?”

“Yeah,” Lenore said with a slight shrug.

“Did you ever say hello to them at all?”

“Pfft. Do I look stupid to you?” Lenore remarked.

“Yes or no will suffice, Lenore.”

“No,” Lenore snapped somewhat. “Elliot would kick my butt – literally.”

Dr. Huang nodded, once more writing on his pad of paper. “Was there anything else in the dream that was said?”

“Nope,” Lenore shook her head.

“Was there anything else that happened in the dream that I should know about?”

“Nope,” Lenore repeated. “Not a thing.”

“Alright, you’re free to go,” Dr. Huang told her. “If you think of anything else dream related, let me know.”

Lenore got up and walked back out to Elliot’s desk, to retrieve the book she’d been reading. She plopped back down in his chair and got comfortable once more.

Dr. Huang meanwhile, made his way into Captain Craigen’s office, to fill him in on how they’re session had gone.


“Well, how’d it go?” Captain Craigen asked. “Did she remember anything important?”

“It went okay,” Dr. Huang replied. “As for anything important – I believe she’s still keeping that hidden.”

“What do you mean?” Captain Craigen demanded.

“I feel the only truthful things she stated were her name, birthday, and that her favourite Backstreet Boy is Brian Littrell,” Dr. Huang told him. “As for the events of the dream – she seemed truthful about what happened in the dream – but when I asked if there was anything to it, or if she’d said hello to these people, she became irritated and sarcastic. This is normal for people who are truly annoyed or trying to cover something up. I mean, she’s scared – that much is obvious – but she was trying to play it off as if it’s nothing.”

“Yet meanwhile, we have our best detectives out there trying to solve this crime to protect her and she’s acting like she doesn’t give a rat’s ass,” Captain Craigen snapped.

“Oh, she wants them caught alright,” Dr. Huang assured the Captain. “But she seems afraid of what will happen to her after they’re caught. Like she’s done something wrong and knows it, and is afraid Elliot will find out, and is trying everything she can to keep it from him.”

“Well, if she’s done something she doesn’t want him to know that involves this case, she’d better damned well tell us!” Captain Craigen stated. “I’m getting sick and tired of sending my detectives out on a wild goose chase because she won’t tell us everything that happened!”

“Well, I don’t think yelling at her is going to help. Maybe if the detectives find out the right information, they can use it to get her to talk.”

“At this rate, I’m not sure anyone will ever find something that will get her to talk!”

“Well, we just might have done that, Captain,” Fin stated, as him and Munch entered the office.


Lenore had seen Detectives Tutuola and Munch enter the squadron, and had gotten a bad feeling when she saw them glance her way and scowl. They knew something – she just knew it! But what they knew, she didn’t know and had to find out immediately before they’d a chance to inform Elliot.

She glanced around to make sure no one was watching her, then hurried on over to the Captain’s office door and managed to stop it from closing all the way without being noticed. She leaned in carefully, so as not to cause the door to open or her to fall in, but enough so that she’d be able to hear what was being said.

Her heart just about stopped when she heard Detective Munch mention a little boy named Nathaniel and how he’d stated she’d been there quite a bit over the past little while. Hearing that, she knew she had to leave – and fast! There was no telling what Elliot might do to her when he found out – and the last thing she wanted was for him to lose his temper and actually spank her in front of everyone at the station – though, he had vowed never to spank her again after that last time. But still, one couldn’t be too sure nor safe enough – she decided not to stick around and find out.

She hurried on back over to Elliot’s desk and found a scrap of paper, on which she left a quick scribbled note - Gone to Ashley’s.

Soon as her note was written, she tossed her book back into her knapsack, grabbed her jacket and high-tailed it out of the station as fast and un-conspicuously as she could.