- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you for the reviews! I've come up with a new way of going about this, I will not post another chapter until I have at least three reviews. It's just the way I feel about things. If people don't like the story, then they most likely won't post reviews. If no one likes it, then why should I update? Anywho, just thought I would throw it out there ;] Btw, I am in NO way calling Aaron Carter a thief. This is fan FICTION. Keep the reviews coming!!
"Collette, you don't understand! There's a huge mess down here! People are seriously fighting in the aisles!" One of my best friends and co-workers, Lucy Reynolds, exclaimed into the phone. I could hear the chaos in the background.

"Luce, it's almost 9:30, isn't the store closing soon?" I sighed as I unwrapped my scarf from around my neck and turned on one of the lights in my small one bedroom apartment.

"No, we're open until 12:00 tonight, remember? It's that mad holiday rush," I could hear the bitterness in Lucy's voice. "It's insane, Cole. You should really get down here. Rex and Cory are about to blow their tops right in the middle of the store!"

"Fine," I sighed and began to wrap my scarf back around my neck, just as quickly as it had come off. "I'll be there as soon as I can." Lucy thanked me and hung up. I put more work into this store than I should have. My parents had inherited it from a great uncle, or something like that. It was a simple Macy's department store, but it was our's. My father left home shortly after I did; the saying holds truth that they stuck together for the kid. Shortly after that, my mother moved to Grand Cayman with my aunt and I haven't really heard from her sense. It sounds like a crazy story, and I guess in a way, it is one. But I have my dad. And I know my mom's out there somewhere. And that's all that matters.

I walked through the entrance of the department store muttering choice words to myself the entire way. "What's the big deal, Rex?" I tried not to whine as I approached my business partner and a friend from high school, Rex McIntosh.

"Take a look around, Collette," he spat out. He was usually a nice guy, but during the holiday season everyone became a little nutty. I rubbed my temples and looked around the crazy store. "And to top it off, there's some Aaron Carter wannabe that tried to steal from us!" He yelled.

My eyes darted back around to face him. "What?!" I nearly screamed out. Stealing was a huge pet peeve of mine. If anyone ever tried stealing from my store, I had their butt thrown in jail.

Rex nodded. "Yep, Lucy and Jason caught him. They threw him in the back room with a security officer and called his contact." Rex explained. I turned on my heel and began marching back to the back room. "Collette! Wait! I need your help out here!" Rex called after me. I was already way too far gone. I wanted to nail this kid if it was the last thing I could do.

"Oh, thank goodness, Cole," Lucy sighed in relief as I approached the back door that she was guarding. "I'm so sorry we had to call you so late but it's a mad house down here, if you couldn't already tell..." she rambled on.

"Who's the kid?" I muttered and folded my arms across my chest.

"Aaron Carter," she said quickly. I frowned.

"I know, I know, I heard it all from Rex. The 'Aaron Carter wannabe'. What I want to know is, what's his real name?" I frowned. I loved my friends dearly but sometimes Lucy and Rex could be a little...slower than the rest of us, to keep it friendly.

"No, Cole, his name's Aaron Carter. It's the Aaron Carter," she emphasized. My eyes grew in anger. I stomped past her and threw open the door to see one of our security guards, Aaron Carter and his famous older brother, Nick Carter standing there.

"I am so sorry," Nick automatically approached me but I put my hand up to silence him. I sucked in a deep breath before I let it all go. This was going to be a very long night.