- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Wow my first fan fic in forever! please please please read and review
Home

"So we'll see you tomorrow AJ!" Howie said with a wave as they left the studio after another long day of work.

"Yeah, see ya." AJ said pretending to be happy.

As he got into his car he sighed. 'Great off to my happy home.' He thought rolling his eyes.

None of the guys knew about any problems that AJ was having. He had been married only a year to a beautiful woman Sienna who was a successful lawyer and that was the problem.

Sienna was such a successful lawyer that she didn't ever have time for him. She was always working on a very important case and got on his case, no pun intended, if he ever complained about her being away from home so much.

This was not at all how AJ expected married life to be. At first things had been great. When he and Sienna started dating, it was all about their love, and no just love as in sex love, while that was great it was more than that.

Sienna understood AJ better than anyone. She never judged him on his problems like many others did. She supported him and loved him for who he was.

AJ lit a cig and drove towards his house puffing away. He turned on a cd and smirked at the song that began to play. Home by Three Days Grace. This song described his life perfectly.


I’ll be coming home
Just to be alone
Cause I know you’re not there
And I know that you don’t care
I can hardly wait to leave this place

Somedays AJ found himself thinking about getting a divorse. It didn't seem like the marriage was working any longer.

Every since a few months ago that Sienna got really successful, being a Backstreet Boy wasn't good enough for her. She told him time and again how he was wasting his time and what he was doing had been ok before but he should get serious about life now.

He refused to quit BSB, Kevin had already done so and AJ wasn't ready to do the same. Singing was what made him happy. It was what helped him get through all of his problems.

He remembered an earlier conversation with her.

"AJ you can't expect to be a singer forever. Someday the fans are going to move on and you won't be making any more cd's then what are you going to do?"

"I love music S, it's my life!?"

"I thought I was your life!"

"No, your life is your job!" He had shouted back then felt sorry at the look on her face.

"That is not fair AJ! I work very hard to make money so we have a good life!"

"Are you saying that I don't!" He shouted in a rage.

Sure she brought home good checks with 6 digits but he had been in the music business for years and heck he made some pretty damned good money too.

He glared at her.

"Oh fine! Stay with your band but when you are out of a job don't cry to me. Now if you excuse me I have work to do."

"So what else is new?"

He was so mad as she walked out of the room.

Later on he enrolled at a near by college for a few classes to make her happy.

No matter how hard I try
You’re never satisfied
This is not a home
I think I’m better off alone
You always disappear
Even when you’re here
This is not my home
I think I’m better off alone
Home, home, this house is not a
Home, home, this house is not a home

AJ walked into the empty house and sighed. Another late night at the office, he guessed.

The house was dark and cold. He turned on a few lights and headed to the living room to watch some tv.

He tensed at the coldness of the house. Yeah house. A house was cold and empty just like the mansion he was in now. A home was warm and full of love and joy. This was not how it was, this was not his home.

Above the fire place he glanced at some of the so called family pictures. The earlier ones were great. They both looked so happy and in so much love. Then came the others. They looked so formal and stiff. Neither one of them had real smiles.

He sighed again and sat down flipping channels. He finally settled on a football game. He began to casually smoke some joints.

Because of the so happy marriage, the pot helped to calm him down.

By the time you come home
I’m already stoned
You turn off the TV
And you scream at me
I can hardly wait
Till you get off my case

Sienna threw her purse and keys down as she got home.

"AJ! AJ where are you!" She yelled.

It had been another long hellful day and she was tired.

"Where the hell is he." She grumbled to herself and paused.

Hearing the tv her eyes narrowed and she stormed into the living room.

"What the hell is this! I've had a hard long day at work and I come home to this! You watching tv and stoned! Couldn't you have made dinner or picked up around the house! Damnit AJ what is your problem why can't you do anything!"

AJ glared up at her.

"In case you don't remember, I had to work today too."

Sienna rolled her eyes.

"If you call singing some pansy songs work!"

AJ stood up furiously.

"EXCUSE ME?"

Sienna rolled her eyes.

"Oh excuse me sorry dear," She sneered. "Didn't mean to insult the hottest boyband on the earth."

She turned and walked out of the room.

AJ was seeing red. He could not believe her. He walked after her his footsteps hard.

"You are always complaining about me! What about you? You are never home you never have time to do anything. We are supposed to be married and happy!"

"Excuse me for having a life!"

"I'm supposed to be your life!" He shouted.

Sienna looked at him.

"I am tired AJ it's been a long day. I'm going to bed." She turned and walked out.

AJ stared at her and sighed.

"This isn't working." He whispered sadly.

No matter how hard I try
You’re never satisfied
This is not a home
I think I’m better off alone
You always disappear
Even when you’re here
This is not my home
I think I’m better off alone
Home, home, this house is not a
Home, home, this house is not a

"Sienna we need to talk." AJ said going into the room.

She had her back to him as she was chaning into her night clothes. She sighed.

"Alright AJ what?" Asked turning to face him.

He took a deep breath.

"This isn't working anymore." He blurted.

Sienna stared at him. AJ grew nervous.

"Our marriage that is. I was thinking that maybe we should just move on, get a divorse." His voice was now trembling.

"Is that what you really want AJ?" She asked calmly.

He couldn't believe how cold she was being. How she stood there allowing him to say these things and she wasn't trying to fight him.

She was supposed to apologize and swear to make things work out.

"Yes Sienna."

She nodded briskly and got into bed. She shut the light off.

AJ stood in the darkness stunned. Slowly he turned and walked out.

Home, home, this house is not a
Home, home, this house is not a home

I’m better off alone

No matter how hard I try
You’re never satisfied
This is not a home
I think I’m better off alone
You always disappear
Even when you’re here
This is not my home
I think I’m better off alone
Home, home, this house is not a
Home, home, this house is not a

"So Howie, thank you for letting me stay a while." AJ said putting his duffle bag down.

"It's no problem AJ. I am just really sorry that you are going through this."

Howie hugged him after a moment. AJ sighed them smiled.

"It really is for the better. I mean things just weren't working."

Howie nodded.

"Well any time you need anything...that's what friends are for. You aren't alone J."

AJ smiled.

"Thanks for letting me into your home Howie."

"My pleasure."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sienna walked into the mansion and paused. It was cold dark and empty. When had things changed so much?

Slowly she walked around looking at old pictures. Then she sat on the cold couch her shoulders dropping.

This house was no longer her home. AJ was gone and so was her comfort.

Home, home, this house is not a
Home, home, this house is not a home

Home Lyrics-Three Days Grace