- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Here's the rest of it! Happy Holidays!
“So, it was a miracle,” Kristin murmured as she watched Howie hold his newborn son. Love, joy, and relief was imminent on his glowing face as he spotted his friends in the window and grinned.

“It’s a Christmas miracle,” Brian announced next to her as he bounced his own daughter, turning her cries into happy gurgles.

Nick shook his head. “I think Ella got what she wished for on her birthday candles. I mean, Howie told her last year that whatever wish she made on her birthday was doubly important because it was a Christmas and birthday wish. Betcha she decided to wish for her mother back.”

Brian turned to Leighanne. “Promise me that you won’t ever walk out on me if I say something stupid like Howie did.”

She rolled her eyes. “I’m still here, aren’t I?”

He grinned and leaned in to kiss her. “It’s why I fell in love with you,” he murmured as his lips met her curved ones.

AJ moaned. “Please, get a room! There are children here!” he added, covering Baylee’s eyes.

“Uncle Alex, I’ve seen my parents kiss before!”

AJ shook his head. “Doesn’t matter. No one needs to see that.”

Kevin rested his head against Kristin’s as they watched Howie talk to his son. “I’m glad it all worked out well. Both of them did something stupid, but at least they worked it out.”

“It’s the miracle,” Kristin insisted.

Kevin watched Howie a bit longer. “Yeah, you’re right. It’s a miracle.”

***


“It’s Ella’s miracle,” Howie admitted as he watched his daughter sleep curled up by her mother’s side.

Rosa smoothed her daughter’s dark hair, so different from her own fiery curls, and smiled. “I’m glad you stopped me from doing something so stupid. All this time, I felt like I was dying inside without you and Ellie.”

Howie pressed a kiss to Jacob Michael Dorough’s forehead and placed the baby in the bassinet.

“It’s a partnership,” he told Rosa, turning back to her. “I do something idiotic, you fix it, and vice versa.” He took her hand. “I love you, Rosa.”

She smiled and stifled a yawn. “I love you, too.”

Howie looked around them at their children then back at her. “Merry Christmas, darling. And good night.”

“What? Why?” She struggled to keep her eyes open.

He kissed her lightly. “Because you’ve had a crazy day, and you need to rest.”

She sighed. “Okay.” And within seconds, he knew she was fast asleep.

Ariella’s wish had come true, and she’d announced it when she’d hugged her mother after months of being apart. As the tears had rolled down Rosalie’s cheeks, Ariella had announced that the Christmas miracle was true. Whatever was wished for would always come true.

Howie smiled again at his family. Miracles did happen, and his family was living proof.