- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I wanted to wait a little longer before I posted the first chapter but I couldnt wait anymore so here it is
Chapter One

Nick Carter pulled up the long driveway to the new adress of his friend Brian Littrell. Both boys were of the famous singing group the Backstreet Boys.

They had just taken some time off having just finished their last tour and also because Brian wasn't ready to get back into singing. After being married for a year to his high school sweet heart Chloe, they had gotten a divorse. Wanting to forget the harsh past, Brian had recently purchased a new house.

Always a Kentucky boy, Brian had chosen a house just a mile or two from his parents house.

Nick walked up the stairs on the porch and knocked on the wooden door. He glanced around, it was a beautiful neighborhood though Brians new home was slightly smaller than the last.

The door swung open and Brian stood there his eyes slightly red.

"Hey man, are you ok?" Nick asked.

"Sorry, I just got off the phone the divorse papers have been finalized and filed, it is really done Nick."

Nick sighed feeling sorry for his friend. He moved forward and hugged him. After a moment Brian pulled away.

"Careful Nick, if someone sees us, the gay talk will start again." Brian said offering a small smile.

Nick laughed and walked in throwing his large duffle bag down.

"So what old stuff shall we start reparing first?" Nick asked looking around his hands on his hips.

"There isn't much to be fixed, a few things here and there, a couple of paint jobs maybe, but I also thought that maybe we could use this time that you are here to re work our friendship." Brian said softly not looking at Nick.

Nicks heart began to pound slightly. When Brian and Chloe had gotten married, there had been no more Frick and Frack.

"I know that it was my fault that we got torn away Nick, but maybe we can forget the past and start over?" Brian finally looked at Nick, his eyes a bit hopeful.

Nick smiled. "Sure man."

Brian let his breath out.

"Great, let's get your things up to your room." He said picking up Nick's duffle bag.

Nick looked around as they headed up stairs. The house was old fashioned and beautiful. Victorian style.

"When was this house built Rok?"

"Uh, I think the land lady told me around the year 1880? Something like that anyway, it's really old but beautiful."

Nick admired all of the old furnature in the hall and followed Brian into the large bedroom 4th door on the right.

"Wow, this is amazing."

Brian smiled.

"I was hoping you would like it."

Nick grinned as he surveyed the room.

"Thanks man, this room is totally cool."

Brian chuckled.

"Well, I am going order dinner while you settle in your room. Does pizza sound ok?"

Nick laughed at the question.

"Rok, you know I love pizza."

Nick picked up the duffle bag and put it on the bed. He began to sort through his stuff when he heard a noise. His back stiffened and he straightened up looking around. Not hearing anything, he shrugged assuming he was tired after the long flight.

He carried some pants over to the dresser when he heard it again. He whirled around facing the closet.

"Annabell, where are you?" He heard a distant female voice calling.

"I must be going insane, I am not hearing voices in my closet." He muttered to himself.

"Annabell!" The voice came again more persistant.

Nick nearly jumped out of his skin.

"It has to be coming from outside. Yeah a neighbor must be looking for her daughter or sister or something." Nick reasoned with himself.

He walked to his duffle bag trying to ignore his pounding heart.

"There is nothing there Carter, it's just your imagination." He scolded himself.

He looked over his shoulder at the closet.

"And to prove it, I am gonna go open the closet door." He walked over to it with determind strides. He reached out for the knob slowly. His eyes darted around wondering if he should grab a weapon just in case.

"Well, alright, here goes nothing." He took a deep breath.

Nick shivered as he opened the creaky closet door. Chills went down his entire body.

"Nick! The pizza is here!" Brian yelled from down stairs.

Nick stepped away from the closet frowning. He knew he had heard voices coming from
in it.

"Nick!"

"Ok! Ok, I'm coming Brian, don't get your panties all tied up in a bunch!"

He shut the closet door and stepped away shaking his head. He would come back to explore after dinner, for now, the closet mystery would stay a mystery.