- Text Size +
Saki stood at the foot of his beloved wife’s grave. For the first time ever, tears fell down his face as he stared at the head stone.

Oroku Kaiya
Beloved wife on Oroku Saki
September 23,1980-January 7, 2007

Tears continued to fall down his face. She had only announced that after a year of them trying, she was finally pregnant. Then those wretched turtles stepped in and ruined yet another chance at happiness. He fell to his knees and sobbed, not allowing any of the Foot to offer comfort.

Only two years ago did he meet his angel, fresh out of college and job hunting deep into the night. The rival gang, The Purple Dragon, had cornered her. Had Saki not have stepped in, she would have met death at that very moment.

From that day on, he protected her and made sure she was happy. He had even gotten her to move in with him and started a bank chain which to his surprise had become a total success, causing him to quickly rise to the upper class of New York City.

A year after meeting her, he proposed to her, surprising everyone, even the Foot. They were married a short time after. Only then did she learn about the Foot and Saki’s real connections.

She never brought up anything about being upset about it so he had always assumed that she was alright with it. She was always an obedient wife, keeping the house clean, dinner on the table when he had come home, and never asking the Foot’s activities other than asking the typical how was your day question. She worked full time at one of his banks, using her skills to give her something to do instead of sitting around at home.

He cursed himself for never being home more; taking her for granted and, worst of all, not being able to protect her from his enemies, the turtles. If asked, he would have shamefully admitted that he was almost never home. This would probably be why she had come to see him at the warehouse on that fateful night.

She was dressed in white, a white sundress to be exact. He always loved that dress, believing that she looked like an angel when she wore it. He was just about to pull her into his arms when the turtles suddenly barged in. Saki pulled her behind him, preparing to fight.

He watched as the turtle in the blue mask attacked him. Saki and Leonardo crossed swords. Their battle continued, slowly moving away from Kaiya.

Kaiya saw out of the corner of her eye, she saw something flying towards Leonardo and Saki. She ran over and pushed her husband into his enemy, throwing them both to the ground. Sadly, she ended up taking Saki’s place and taking the shirikan to her head, killing her instantly.

Saki scrambled off Leonardo and to his wife, pulling her into his arms. He looked over, seeing Raphael, the red masked turtle. He vowed his vengeance against his enemies before weeping. The turtles left, tension ran high, even between the turtles, leaving Saki to mourn his wife.

Now he wept at the foot of her grave in the cemetery overlooking the city. No, not just his wife. His wife and their child. His tears were now hidden behind the rain.

“Master Shredder, we have the Foot assembled as you ordered” said a young Foot Soldier.

Saki got up and replaced his helmet. He willed his tears to stop and walked away, passing the Foot soldier.

“Then let us go destroy these murderous turtles,” Saki said as he walked towards the city, followed by the Foot.

Once he had left, a figure stepped from the shadows. Tears ran down his face, the mask no longer soaking them up. He slowly walked up to the resting spot of Saki’s wife and laid down his swords.

“{Good-bye, Kaiya, my one and only},” whispered the figure in Japanese.

He bowed his head while falling onto one knee, trying his best to hold back his tears. A silent sob escaped his lips. He hadn’t spoken to his red masked brother who was believed to kill his lover.

While the figure sobbed out his heart, another figure stood in the shadows, watching. A tear ran down his face not for the dead woman but for his weeping son. He bowed his head in sorrow.

“I am sorry, my son, but this had to be done,” whispered Splinter.