- Text Size +
Chapter 1

It often goes unnoticed that a number of worlds are involved in a collision course until it's too late. Once they collide, everything changes. Hearts are often broken and lifes are left shattered. Never is this the intention of the parties involved. They look for a peaceful way out, though more often than not, that way of escape is hard to find. Someone always ends up being hurt. No matter how hard the parties involved attempted to make this an easy transition, the change never goes smoothly. Something doesn't go right.

Madison Hall was one woman who never thought she would find herself on this course. Nothing like that was going to be possible. She was just an ordinary woman who lived an ordinary life. With one acception that is, she was the girlfriend of mega pop star Nick Carter. She never saw why that made her any different than anyone else, but it always managed to be the reason she was sepearted from most others. Nick was human, he was just a wide known name, that's all. Being the girlfriend of a 'celebrity' wasn't all it was cracked up to be.

At first, people thought that she was some sort of leech. That she was only there to get something out of Nick and once she got it, she would leave him. Then when people started to see that she was a strong independant woman, they started critizing Nick for being with her. Saying things like he could do better and that he wasn't going to find love with this woman. No matter what anyone said, Nick stuck around. He knew the real Madison and that's all that mattered. In his heart he knew that she wasn't the bad person that the public was making her out to me.

"Hey Maddy," Nick greeted as he walked into the hotel room that he and his girlfriend were sharing in New York City. She looked up at him and smiled. Meeting him was a chance that she still couldn't believe that she had recieved to this day. With encouragement from some of her close friends, she tried out to be an extra in one of the BackStreet Boys music videos. Much to her surprise she recieved a call back and was casted in the video. She'd been dating Nick ever since.

"Wassup Nicky?" she replied, smiling.

"Nothing, but it's crazy out there. We were going to try to see if the concert for tonight didn't have to be postponed but it looks like it's going to have to. Look at all that damn snow out there," Nick answered as he started to remove the heavy jacket that he had been wearing.

"Yeah, they said it was the worst storm that New York City has had in about six or seven years," she commented, using a fact that she had seen stated on the news.

"Just my luck right? I mean I finally get to do my first solo tour and bam, this happens," Nick replied with a sigh. "Well, what am I going to do?"

"Live with it. It's not like you've lost the whole tour, you're just starting a few days later than you expected, that's all," she assured him.

"Well, I'm not used to all of this damn snow. We never had this in Florida."

"Nicky, I'm from Cali., do you think I'm used to this?" she questioned as she looked over at Nick who had taken a seat on a chair by the window.

"It is kinda nice though," he said as he began to stare out through the window, "it's too bad we're trapped up here. It's probably a lot of fun."

"Fun?" she questioned.

"Yeah, just playin' in it. I can't remember if I've ever done that," he commented.

"Who say's we're trapped?" Madison asked.

"I can't go out Maddy, it'll be crazy."

"No it won't. Everyone's inside hiding from the snow. I'm sure no one will notice," she stated. Nick looked over at her, a twinkle in his blue eyes.

"You serious?" Nick asked.

"Sure, why the hell not?" Nicks smile widened as he grabbed his jacket he had just removed. She couldn't help but chuckle as she went to get her jacket. Nick always brought out the kid in her. It was something that she really appreciated.

"Hurry up already would ya?" Nick said as he grabbed her arm and pulled her out into the hallway of the hotel.

"You're crazy, it's not like the snow is going to go anywhere soon," she joked as she zipped up her jacket while Nick locked their room. He only smiled as he made sure the door was locked.

"I'll race you," Nick said and then took off running down the hallway.

"Nick, that's not fair!" Madison called as she took off behind him. She want into the stair well and didn't see Nick. He was probably almost down stairs already. She laughed and shook her head and started to run down the stairs after him.

"Took you long enough," Nick shouted as he ran outside. Madison smiled and ran out after him. Quickly she ran up behind Nick and pushed him down into the snow. "Hey, what did you do that for?" Nick asked as he looked up at Madison, who was sitting on top of him. Her tiny frame was nothing compared to his. She was 5'4 with beautiful medium length brown hair and deep hazel eyes. She was so beautiful to him. By far the most beautiful creature that he had ever seen in his entire life.

"Because you're the one that took off," she answered as she felt Nicks hands go to her waist. Nick sat up and went to kiss her. "Nick stop, come on. We're in the middle of the street."

"I was only going to give you a kiss," he replied as he kissed her lightly then pushed her down onto the show. He grinned as he looked at Madison who had a look of shock on her face.

"Whatever happened to not liking public displays of affection? You don't get much more public than in the streets of New York City," she commented as she tossed a fist full of snow into Nicks face. He fell back from shock and Madison jumped up from the ground. A snow ball fight ensued as they played in the street. They had no idea how much time had passed.

"Maddy, I think we should get inside, I'm getting really cold," Nick said as he looked at Madison who was getting ready throw another snowball at him. She paused and looked at him. His face was a bright red and he had his hands shoved in his pockets.

"Alright fine," she answered as she reached out for Nicks hand. He smiled and pulled her close to him as they headed towards the enterance of the hotel.

"That was fun," Nick commented as he pushed the button for the elevator.

"Yeah it was," Madison replied as she leand her head against Nick, "I'm tired now though," she yawned. He smiled at her. She was only one around him that would let him indulge in his childish side and joined him as well.
"Na-uh," he replied, "you can't get tired yet. It's still early."

"I don't care what time it is, I'm tired," she answered. Nick continued to smile as he waited for the elevator to arrive. Once it stopped in the lobby they boarded and Nick pressed the button to the floor that they were staying on.

"When we get upstairs maybe we should call down for some hot chocolate," Nick commented as he kept his arm around Madison.

"Ummmmmm, sounds good," she stated. "Now if we only had a fire place it would be like a scene right off of a post card."

"We could just flip through the tv and see if anyone has a close up of a fire going," Nick joked. Madison laughed.

"Instead of writing 'wish you where here' we could write 'help us please!!!'" she replied with a smile on her face.

"We should do that."

"What? Nick, are you crazy?"

"No, it just sounds like a great joke."

"Yeah, sure. It'll probably end up being the Christmas card you send out this year," she answered as the elevator stopped at their floor. They exited and headed towards their room.

"You say that like it's a bad thing. If you think about it, it's a good idea because we won't have to worry if someone else is sending the same card."

"I could see my moms reaction to getting that in the mail. She would think we were totally nuts and have us locked up or something," Madison replied. "Besides, it'll look so corny it wouldn't be that funny."

"Whatever," Nick stated as he peeled off the heavy jacket that he was wearing once again. "Man, I don't think I've ever been so cold in my life."

"Want a blanket?" Madison asked as she took her jacket off. Her eyes locked on Nick.

"No, I'm alright."

"You sure? You don't need to be gettin' sick right before your big tour," she commented. "Like you said, it's starting late already."

"It's okay. I'll be fine when the hot chocolate gets here," he answered as he picked up the phone and called room service.