- Text Size +
Chapter 3

Madison slammed the trunk of the car after she placed the last of her bags inside. She hadn't done a lot of shopping, or at least not as much as she had planned. Still, she was satisfied with her day and decided to head back to the hotel before going over to see Kevin. Unlike New York City in its prime, there was hardly any traffic which made her trip back to the hotel a short one. Madison grabbed a bunch of her bags from the trunk and walked into the lobby of the hotel. It was still quiet and free of fans.

"Hey you," Nick called as Madison stepped off the elevator. "That's where I thought you went," Nick commented pointing towards the bags.

"What do you expect? I love to shop and I was bored. So of course I decided to go out and do a little shopping. There are really some great stores around here. I'm glad that I decided to go out today," she replied.

"So did you have anything else planned 'cause I have the rest of the night off," Nick started as he began to twirl a strand of her hair in his fingers, "and I thought we could spend it together. Ya know?"

"Actually, I talked to Kevin. I was going to check out the show," she answered as she put the bags down inside of their room.

"You can go tomorrow. He'll still be there," Nick commented as he wrapped his arms tightly around her waist. She smirked.

"You'll be here tomorrow, so why can't I just have sex with you then?"

"You're making it sound like sex with me is a chore. You know you love it baby," Nick said and then mummbled into her ear,"'Cause I know you do. I can tell by the way you scream my name. That you're in heaven."

"I already told him I would drop by," Madison informed as she pulled away from Nicks embrace.

"Alright," Nick said, sighing in defeat, "but you owe me for this. I really wanted to spend the night with you Maddy."

"The night is still young," she replied with a wink. Nick grined at her.

"And that's why I love you so much, you have an evil mind," he replied.

"What ever could you mean?" she asked with mock innocents. He laughed. "So are you going to go with me or what?"

"Alright, I guess," he replied.

"You don't have to you know? Don't think I'm forcing you."

"I know, but it'll be cool to see Kev again after so long."

"Good."

"Also, if he fucks up somewhere I can make fun of him," Nick with a chuckle.

"Nick, be nice!" She warned.

"Oh come on he had to have known that was coming if he invited us. Since when I have ever turned down the chance to make fun of Kev when he messes up for once?"

"You should be supportive of Kevin, like he's being supportive of you," Madison reminded him seriously.

"Hey, it's not that I'm not supporting him! You ever heard of tough love?" Nick questioned. "I've gotten pleanty of it growing up with the guy."

"If you do anything to embarass me, I'll show you just exactly what tough love is. You got that Carter?"

"Come on Maddy, you know I'm kidding," he said with a sweet smile on his face. "He doesn't care anyway. We do it to each other all the time."

"What if he laughed at you when you messed up during a concert?" She asked as they walked towards the elevator.

"Hey, I want that. I want people so see that I'm real. Fuck-ups and all. People are going to get the real Nick Carter baby."

"Regardless, just be nice. I don't want to look stupid. So please, just don't do anything that's too bad alright? I know that's going to be hard for you but I'll make it worth it." Nick arched his eyebrows

"Oh really?"

"Really."

"How long do we have to stay cause I'm real tired," Nick said a moment later when they reached the lobby of the hotel. Madison looked over at Nick, her face showing her disapproval. He smiled. "Just kidding!"

"You better be just kidding," she replied as they walked out of the hotel and towards the parking garage where they kept the car that they had rented while they stayed in the city. Madison pulled the keys from her pocket when they entered the garage and walked towards the car, only steps away from them.

"How long is the show anyway?" Nick asked as he entered the car from the passangers side.

"I don't know. Does it matter anyway?"

"No, I was just asking," he answered. "You know if he's any good?"

"We'll find out when we get there," he replied as she pulled the car out of the garage. "I know as much about the show as you do."

"Oh, I thought that he might have told you something about it. Like how he's been doing over there."

"I only talked to him for like a minute, he had to get to a rehursal when I called so he couldn't talk long," she explained. He looked at her and nodded. "So, how was your day today?"

"Boring as usual. I really wish I didn't have to do a lot of this shit man. I got into this business to perform not to run around going to meetings. That was the kind of job that I really wanted to avoid, you know?"

"It can't be that bad. Besides, if it weren't for all of those meetings, a lot of what you have might not have come your way so suck it up and stop being such a wuss," she joked with a smile on her face. "Very job has its perks as well as a down side. Get used to it baby."

"Things were different with the guys around. At least when I had like Brian or AJ with me, I could space out and they would give me an out line of what I missed. Now I actually have to sit there and fight to listen, which is hard 'cause these meetings are boring."

"You'll be back with the guys soon enough. You guys are still going to get back together once you finish your tour and Kevin finishes up here?" Madison asked.

"Yeah, of course. Everything that I got is because of the fellas. I'm not lettin it end. I just wanted to get some time away. We all need that every now and again."

"You're right about that, at least," Madison replied. "But it should be cool. I've heard great reviews about this show before Kevin joined the cast. I think we're about to see one amazing show f I don't say so myself."

"Well I hope because I don't want to sit there bored out of my fuckin mind."

"Don't worry, you won't," she assured him.