- Text Size +
Chapter 4

"Kev you were great!" Madison called as she and Nick walked down the hall where they had spotted Kevin. He looked up at them and smiled.

"You think so?" Kevin asked when they came closer so he wouldn't have to shout.

"Yeah, I really enjoyed it!" Madison answered honestly.

"What about you Nick?" That ever popular Carter smirk instantly appeared on his face. A tell tale sign that he was about to do something he knew he shouldn't.

"I've seen better," he replied with his smirk lingering.

"Nick!" Madison scolded as he smacked his arm lightly.

"That's okay," Kevin replied. "Coming from Nick, that was a compliment, in a weird sort of way. How've you been Nick?"

"Alright," he answered shrugging his shoulders slightly. "I mean you know what it's like to record an album."

"Yeah, sorta, but I don't know what it's like to record alone. Weird?"

"A little. It's just me that I'm putting out there... it hurts more to hear negative stuff now than it did when I was with you guys. At least before I knew it wasn't all aimed at me."

"You'll do just fine. So how have your meetings been going? I know it's been tough not having AJ, Brian or Howie to tell you what you missed while you were in a daze," Kevin joked. Nick laughed.

"Funny thing about that is I was just talkin about that. Now I've actually got to listen."

"It'll be fine. How long are you guys in the city for?" Kevin asked.

"Until Nick makes up the show that he missed here because of the snow," Madison replied. "It was too bad to have the concert in that weather."

"Yeah, almost everything was shut down," Kevin stated. "We were closed for a while actually as well. It was just too much."

"So how have things been for you otherwise?"

"It's been really great. I've had a lot of fun doing this so far. I'm just happy that they gave me the part. I wasn't too sure I would get it for a while."

"You're great! They would have been crazy not to hire you!"

"Thank you," he answered, "I should have talked to you before the show! Maybe I wouldn't have been so nervous about it."

"If it wasn't meant to be, then it wasn't meant to be," she replied.

"Maddy, can we head back to the hotel? As much as I'd like to stay, I've got a meeting in the morning," Nick interrupted before either of them could say anything.

"Come on Nick, what's up? Why don't you want to stay?" Madison asked.

"It's not that I don't want to stay it's that I've got another damn meeting in the morning and I don't want to fall asleep in the middle of it alright?"

"That's what they invented coffee for Nick, you should try it sometime," she replied.

"Look, if you guys have something goin' on, we can get together another time," Kevin added, "I'll be here for a while." Madison looked over at Nick angerly, hoping that he would decide to stay, at least for a little while longer. Nicks eyes locked with Madisons' and he sighed.

"I guess it wouldn't hurt to stay a little longer," Nick stated.

"Thanks Nicky!" she replied excitedly as she placed a kiss on Nicks cheek.

"Don't say I never do anything for you," he joked. She smiled at him, not wanting to start another fight with him. "How long you gonna be around?"

"Like another month or so," Kevin answered.

"Cool," Nick answered. They went on to make small talk for another hour or so until Nick decided that he couldn't stay up any longer and he and Madison headed back to their hotel. She was less reluctant this time because he could see that she was also getting tired. Nick smiled at Madison as they drove back to the hotel, almost falling asleep in the car. He smiled again and thought to himself that it was amazing how a day of shopping could wear that girl out.

"Maddy, come on we're back at the hotel," Nick said touching her arm lightly. She moaned softly but didn't wake. "Madison," Nick said again.

"What?" she mumbled, still half asleep.

"We're back at the hotel, you've got to get up," he told her again.

"I don't want to move. I'm comfortable."

"Come on, you'll be more comfortable upstairs," he said hoping to pursuade her. He was too tired himself to have to carry her back to their room.

"Fine," she said, taking her seatbelt off and getting out of the car, Nick followed. They'd both be asleep fast tonight and they knew it. Nick yawned as they walked through the lobby of the hotel and into the elevator. "That was nice."

"Yeah, it was," Nick agreed.

"Aren't you glad that I made you come with me?" she asked with a smirk.

"Wait," Nick replied, "when we left you said you weren't going to make me go, remember?"

"I was lying. You were going to come with me wether you liked it or not."

"What made you think that you would be able to get me to go if I didn't want to?" Nick questioned as he looked at Madison.

"You can't say me to Nick, you know that," she explained. "I would have been able to convince you to go one way or another."

"You're just lucky that I love you so damn much or you wouldn't have had a chance to pursuade me," he answered as they came to a stop on their floor and the doors slid open. She smiled at him as they walked towards their hotel room. Madison yawned as she waited for Nick to open the door.

"I know and that's what makes all of this so much fun."

"Ha ha," Nick remarked as they walked into the room. It was only a matter of moment before they were both ready for bed and sleeping.