- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Short chapter, sorry.
This is why I hit people with books.
Three

I rolled over and starred at the screaming alarm clock. I did what I did every morning, I ripped it from the wall and threw it at the wall. I didn’t think that one day I could electrocute myself. I didn’t think that one day my wall could mold into my window either. But that’s because I don’t think (or try to think) in the morning. Too much work.

I kicked the sheets off and pulled my hair into a ponytail. Time for stupid school.

I walked down the stairs to retrieve my clothes from the dryer. I stood at the top of the stairs and looked at my grandparents who stood at the bottom. Mom looked sad but dad looked angry. Okay so they do care. I just wished they wouldn’t.

“You’re unbelievable Lucca. You’re unbelievable!” he yelled. I flinched. He never yelled. “Explain yourself! Come here!” I walked down the stairs. I was awake now. I also remembered everything now too. Running from the school after bashing Jenna’s head in with a book. I pushed emotion back and my smart aleck self kicked in. If it didn’t, I’d be in tears.

“I just want to go back to school.” I said tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. My grandma smacked me across the face. I wanted to strangle her. That ugly bitch.“I want to know why you gave this Jenna girl stitches because her parents are considering legal action. I want to know now.” she said soft but menacing.

“She made me mad.” I whispered. My face burned and I bit hard on my lip. I was trying to hold back tears.

“We’re taking you to school.” he growled. I didn’t want to go. I just wanted to do what I want to do every morning (just alittle more this morning): crawl in a hole and sleep some more. That hole being my bed actually.

I just walked down the basement stairs to get my clothes that I had washed the previous night. I assume I got home before the school called because my grandparents didn’t even glance when I walked in the door. I just washed the clothes and went upstairs and cried myself to sleep.

I took a shower. I washed my hair and I sat in the tube starring at nothing as he scorching water hit my skin. I sat there for twenty minutes before getting out and wrapping a towel around my body. I sat on the edge of the tube and starred at my painted toes. I had painted them black one day out of boredom. I starred at the chipping black paint. I pulled my wet hair into a bun and dried off and got dressed. I moved extra slow so I would be late. My grandparents made up for the time by driving wildly and yelling at how I was gonna kiss their ass so they wouldn‘t sue us.

We were late by two minutes. We walked into the office and my grandfather opened the door. Jenna sat flanked by her gorgeous mom with high cheek bones and delicate make-up. She had a bob and Jenna’s dad was hot. He had spiked black hair and he wore a white suit. He had these green eyes that were intense but I only glanced at them because they were glaring at me.

“Mrs. and Mr. Hai…Lucca. Please have a seat.” the principal Mrs. Powell said.

“I’ll stand.” I said.

“Sit down now girl.” my dad hissed and I dropped my bag on the ground and sat in the seat in the middle. I glanced at Jenna. She was looking at me with the most hateful stare I’ve ever seen in my life. I wanted to blurt out, “What? Did I mess up your makeup yesterday?” But then I’d probably be killed in front of everyone and I don’t want that.

“Well, we’re here to day to discuss a punishment.” Mrs. Powell said. Oh gee, state the obvious.

“How bout therapy.” her beautiful mom mumbled. I outta slap your foundation off your face too. Well, there’s no book in here in my reach as big as that math book was.

“Mr and Mrs. Harvi, this is Mr. and Mrs. Hai with their daughter Lucca.”

“Mr. and Mrs. Harvi, we are so very sorry.” my mom said. My father nodded. He then glared at me and I stopped myself from cussing them out now for making me humiliate myself.

“I’m very sorry that I did this Jenna. I’m really very sorry.” If they told me to kiss ass, I’d do it. I did not want them to sue us. They’d probably never let me do anything entertaining every again.

“Okay, I have a question for your daughter Luke?” she asked raising her eyebrow like she was better than us. I guess I really couldn’t blame Jenna for her attitude. But I was a teenager so I didn’t care.

“Her name’s Lucca.” my grandma said softly.

“Why do you think it’s alright to hit people.” I didn’t care anymore. Screw these people, screw mom and dad, screw this principle and her stupid rules.

“Why does your daughter think it’s okay to tell me that if she were my parents, I would die too. I just wanted to make sure you got through to you especially that you raised a bitch.” There. I felt better now.

“Excuse me!” Jenna’s mom yelled.

“What the hell!” her dad said. This was like a big soap opera.

“Lucca!” my grandparents were in unison.

“You’re going to stop this shit at once!” he yelled in my face. I was officially scared. I looked at the floor and starred. I’d never see the sun again except of course when I came home from school on the bus. I wanted to melt.

“You’re the rudest piece of…” he stopped himself and I wanted to finish it for him but if I said another thing, I bust out in tears. I just wanted people leave me the hell alone. I wanted to be alone but people were all around me.

There was a soft sigh from Mrs. Powell. “The school will suspend her for one week. She shouldn’t come to school until she’s ready to be out in a working society again.” She said hesitantly. “I think she needs counseling and I have some numbers I can give to you.”

“We can’t afford a counselor.” my dad said and wiggled my toes and watched them move. I wore black flip flops today. I didn’t feel like putting on shoes.

“I can refer one to you for free from the school.”

“We would like that.” he said and mom nodded. Well I wouldn’t. No one ever cares what I wants. This is why I hit people with books.