- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
thank you for the reviews :D I think there might be one or two more chapters left, depending on the length of the next chappy :D As one fic comes to an end, another one appears. Congrats Sarah for writing your first crossover! Looking forward to your updates!

And It All Comes Down...

Turned out he passed out for only a few seconds, because when he opened his eyes again, Kevin was still hovering above him and a sense of deja vu hit him like a ton of bricks. Then Kevin seemed to move to make way for AJ, who had a pack of frozen meat in his hands and his lips was moving and even though he couldn't really hear what AJ was saying, he knew that his friend was telling him to take it, to put it on his nose. This made him thoroughly confused, because firstly, he didn't know he could read lips and that was all kinds of awesome. Secondly, he wasn't hit on the nose so he was sure there was no swelling going on and thirdly, AJ had another thing coming if he thought he was going to let a frozen meat be anywhere near his nose!

"Gerrofme!" he muttered/mumbled and pushed himself up, which earned a hand on his shoulder pushing him back down and Kevin going 'easy dawg, easy'. And he wasn't quite sure why he was suddenly so mad but he was, and he decided Kevin didn't have any right to say 'easy dawg easy' when he hadn't been there when he was going crazy trying to convince these guys that he wasn't going nuts! He had no rights to just drop in out of nowhere, smile that laidback smile and made him feel like everything in this world was all right, that he was going to be all right because Kevin was around and everything was safe only to leave again in a few hours after throwing some pep talk crap his way and he knew he'd swallow everything, believed every single word that came out of Kevin because dude, it's Kevin for god's sake and then only to wake up the next day realising that nothing's changed except that Kevin was still nowhere in sight and it would never be the same again. So yeah, he was mad! Although this was the irrational I just had a vision and my head feels like it's going to explode Nick talking and chances are he'd realised he wasn't even mad at Kevin, that it was misplaced anger directed at the guy because it was easy to blame him, the one who hasn't been around.

"I'm okay, help me up," he replied and took the hand that Kevin offered only to shove it away once he was sure he could stand on his own two feet. This was embarrassing. "And get that meat away from me AJ, it's nasty."

"Dude, sorry I cared," AJ muttered and walked away with the piece of meat dejectedly. He decided he wasn't going to entertain AJ and his emo self.

"I have to call someone," he said, looking around for his cell phone.

"What? No hi Kevin I miss you bro?"

He looked up and Kevin was smirking. "If I remember correctly Kevin, the first thing that came out of your mouth was 'Do I even want to know?', I hear no hi Nick I miss you little brother either."

"Do you always get this cranky after a vision?"

He groaned because Kevin was impossible. "You're impossible Kevin."

"Who you gonna call Nick?"

"I take it Brian and Howie's meeting earlier today was with you?"

"Are you mad?"

"So you know everything about Sam and Dean?"

"You're going to call them aren't you?"

"So what if I do?"

"So it's no longer lets call Kevin now?"

"You left."

"Ouch, I guess I deserve that one huh?"

He sighed and looked at the man with the kind eyes who was still looking at him, smiling without really smiling. Only Kevin. "No you don't. Ignore me please."

“You know I can’t,” Kevin smiled.

“Course you can, no one’s putting a gun to your head.”

“Okay fine, I can, but I won’t,” Kevin sighed. “Face it Nick, you’re stuck with me even if I’m not on your ass every second of the day.”

“That actually sounds disturbing,” he frowned.

Kevin laughed and was about to say something when AJ returned from the kitchen, along with Brian and Howie.

“I swear this suite is a friggin maze,” he said while shaking his head in amazement. “Were you three having a secret meeting back there too?”

Brian and Howie actually had the cheek to smile and looked like two perfect angels you kind of hang on Christmas trees. AJ was still kind of ignoring him after the whole raw frozen meat incident.

“Actually I’ve been keeping up with these guys about what’s going on with you and your visions,” Kevin said and he was wondering if Kevin was expecting a pat on the shoulder or a hug or a ‘the Best Big Brother Ever!’ badge from him.

“Why? Did you lose my number or something?” If Kevin thought he was going to get away so easily about this, he better think again.

“What do you mean? Of course I have your number.”

“I don’t know, it’s just funny that you have to go to them to find out what’s going on with me when you can just call me,” he replied, and he really felt he would have sounded more pissed off he wasn’t so busy trying to control the nosebleed. “But hey, maybe that’s just me right?”

“I told you it’s not a good idea,” AJ muttered.

“AJ shut up,” Howie snapped.

AJ made a noise to show how disgusted he was but no one seemed to really pay much attention to him.

“Look Nick, I have my reasons,” Kevin started but he decided he had heard enough. Everyone seemed to have their reasons. They all think they were right when they decided he was simply just stressed out and going crazy and needed major counseling sessions and perhaps enter into rehab and get medications for whatever it was that was going on in his head, but they had been wrong hadn’t they? So Kevin and his reasons can go the fuck off!

“Oh you have your reasons huh?” he scoffed. “Well I’m sure the next time I want to find out what’s going on with you, I’ll just call your wife instead. I have my reasons.”

“Yeah, you want to bang her,” AJ grinned and Kevin raised his eyebrows while he wanted to tell AJ to shut up but he decided there was some truth to what AJ had said, it was no big secret really, he used to have such an infatuation towards Kristin.

“AJ what did I say about shutting the hell up?” Howie snapped. This was the second time Howie had snapped and in Nick Carter’s book, it meant something was really, really wrong.

“What’s wrong D?”

“Huh?”

“You’re snapping like a crazy duck, something’s wrong.”

“We need to talk,” Brian announced when Howie suddenly seemed like he was struggling to find the right words. “It’s about Sam and Dean.”

“What about him?”

This time, it was Brian who didn’t seem to find the right words and he assumed AJ had decided to keep his mouth shut because getting snapped at by Howie for the third time in less than an hour would be damaging to his ego. So Kevin said instead, “I did a little search on them.”

“You what?”

“Hey I’m only looking out for you okay? I want to make sure they’re not screwing with your head, that’s all.”

He had nothing to say to that so he waited for Kevin to continue. “I ran what Brian and Howie told me what they know of the guys so far and everything checks out, except for one thing.”

“And what’s that?”

Kevin looked at Howie and said, “Where’s the picture?”

Howie passed him an envelope, which he swore came out of nowhere. If it hadn’t been for the fact that he was really curious about what was inside it, he would have asked Howie to do the trick again.

Kevin took the picture out and handed it to him. And holy fuck! It’s the yellow eyed demon in his dreams, the one who talks to him, only in this picture his eyes weren’t yellow, they were normal.

“That’s John Winchester, Sam and Dean’s dad.”

= =

“I don’t believe this!”

Sam stood nervously in the elevator, leaning as far back from his brother as possible. He didn’t think it was wise to admit that he knew who Nick Carter was while trapped in the elevator with nowhere to run.

When Sam had found out who Nick Carter was, he knew he’d have a lot of problems convincing Dean so he had decided to omit that one tiny fact out; and when none of the Backstreet Boys had come clean about who they were (probably not wanting anyone to know they were in Nashville in the first place, trying to make sense of a vision, no less) Sam decided to play along. To his defense, it wasn’t as if he knew much about the Backstreet Boys to fill Dean in, in the first place. He was running out of time, they had to get to Nashville before Nick’s vision at the pub kills him and Sam had swallowed enough information to go by. So the Backstreet Boys consisted of four members and they were supposedly huge and famous and were on their way to record another album. That was enough to go by at the time so why bother complicating things right?

Right.

“Hey look, it says here Nick and his friends checked in at this hotel late last night, I don’t know why we keep ending up with your psychic friend here Sammy but I’m going over to their room-”

“And do what Dean? You’re going to punch out a celebrity? Are you asking for another headline or what?”

“You can’t be serious!” Dean cried. “Sam, they think I’m his boyfriend!”

“You don’t even know which room he’s in and you seem to forget that we have a job to finish.”

“I bet it’s that suite that girl was talking about this morning,” Dean rambled on, ignoring Sam. “What is it…105? Yup that’s it, suite 105.”

“Will you at least finish this job first? We’ll go meet Rachel Evans and her boss and then we’ll go find Nick.”

As if on cue, his cell phone rang and Dean went back to the papers, getting increasing disgusted as he read further.

The papers read: “Nick’s Nashville rendezvous continues in L.A.”. The article chronicled Nick’s journey the moment he arrived in L.A. and checked himself with the boys at Four Seasons ‘while his secret Nashville companion arrived later that morning with another man sources said to be one of Nick’s buddies’

There was a picture of Nick and AJ sitting in the lobby. AJ was talking but Nick was staring ahead, looking bored as hell, probably jet lagged. But the caption said ‘Nick already missing his Dean’. The article revealed that Nick’s mysterious guy is called Dean who is currently attending a college in Nashville (according to reliable sources). Their favorite hang out place? The library. Dean is also rumored to be involved in Nick’s new side project and is not, as previously reported, replacing fellow Backstreet Boy member Kevin Richardson.

“What the hell?”

“We’re so screwed,” Sam grunted.

“No, I’M screwed,” Dean cried. “What the hell is Backstreet Boys and who the heck is Kevin Richardson?”

“Dean will just forget about that for a second and focus on the job?”

“Well this is not exactly easy to forget okay?”

“Rachel just called,” Sam said ignoring Dean’s whining. “They had to cancel our meeting today because we’re late and her boss has other appointments. We’re meeting them tomorrow.”

Dean frowned. “Tomorrow would be too late.”

“We need some major planning man,” Sam sighed.

“We wouldn’t be late if those assholes hadn’t hold us up and this won’t even happen if we had known we’ve been hanging out with the Backstreet Boys, whatever that means!” Dean ranted.

The elevator finally stopped at their floor and Sam thanked his lucky stars. “Yeah…about that…”

“What?”

“I kinda know…” Sam started as he made sure to put a distance between the two of them. “About the whole Backstreet Boys thing…”

“Wait what?”

Sam flinched and tried to look as apologetic as he could.

“You knew? All this time?”

“I know you’d give me a hard time if I told you they’re in a boyband and we were running out of-”

“Dude, what the hell is a boyband? Are they gay? Is that why they’re all thinking I’m his boyfriend?”

“What? No! No, they’re not gays. Boybands…you know? A group of guys singing…like the uh…like the Beatles!”

Dean scowled. “I happen to like the Beatles.”

“Well yeah…but um…they sing pop songs Dean.” Dean scrunched up his face. “Teen pin up celebrity kinda guy? That’s Nick.”

“He likes Metallica.”

“Well yeah, apparently he sings pop songs too.”

“Okay you know what, that’s it. I’m going to hunt that psychic friend of yours down and I don’t care if you’re coming or not. And Sam, when this is all over, I’m kicking your ass.”

“Dean, I think you really need to calm down.”

“Calm down? You want me to calm down?” Dean ranted. “The entire time we were there helping them, they never even thought about telling us who they really are! Hell, I almost called him out about it at the library but he just lie his way through! And now people think I’m gay! My face is all over the papers Sam, FBI is probably on our trail right now and we have a job to finish so forgive me if I’m a little angry here!”

Dean passed the papers to Sam and walked back to the elevator.

Sam gulped. “Dean come on man, you’re not even sure where his room is!”

“Well then I just have to ask for a keycard to his room now don’t I? I’m sure the entire world already knows I’m his boyfriend, shouldn’t be too hard!”

Sam sighed. “Dean, you call me once you get that key, you’re not going there alone you hear me!”

“Yeah whatever!” Dean grumbled as he waited for the elevator.

“Dean, promise me you’ll call me first!”

Dean groaned. “I promise okay! God you’re such a bitch!”

“No, you are!” Sam couldn’t help but retort. He entered their room before Dean had the opportunity to yell some sarcastic remark his way.

Sam went straight for his bed, wanting to rest his legs up after the whole mess that managed to happen. It bothered him too how Nick and his friends had ended up in the same hotel, surely it couldn’t be pure coincidence.

He sighed and started browsing the few pages of articles they had ran on his brother and his supposed relationship with Nick Carter of the Backstreet Boys, assessing the damage and hopefully in time to figure out some damage control before they head over and confront Nick Carter, who probably had gabillion security guards in his suite.

There were two smaller pictures next to the big one of Nick and AJ at the lobby of Four Seasons taken the night before. It showed Nick and Dean exiting a 7/11 store. Dean was holding out a big bag of M&M’s and Nick was wrist deep in it while they appeared to be talking. Another picture showed them entering the Impala and driving away. The captions said ‘Nick and no longer mysterious guy day out in Nashville’ and ‘Note to Nick Carter: If you have a gorgeous boyfriend like him who comes with a gorgeous car like that, you come out and tell the whole world!’

Sam felt the headache already bubbling at the back of his eyes. “Crap, this is not good.”