- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Just so you know, I never planned this to turn out this way, but for the sake of everyone getting confused abt the vision, this side of the story needs to be told, lol.

Identity Crisis

Sam said they had three days to stop the thing from killing the woman in his vision. Sam also said he knew exactly where it was going to happen. Sam said they would have to go to L.A. because that’s where the couple live. Sam said they would pose as Interior Designers because he had seen a pile of brochures and advertisements of Interior Design companies printed off the web on the coffee table in his vision.

So Dean had gone to the library back in Nashville and made up a couple of bogus Interior Design companies and put it up online, hoping one of it would catch the couple’s attention. He had also applied for new credit cards because he knew rooms in L.A. wouldn’t be cheap at all. Dean also calculated (without really using any maths equations because Dean hates maths with a passion) that it would take him a day and half to reach L.A. if they didn’t make too many stops along the way.

But Sam had another vision while they were on the road and it messed up their plan. Dean hated planning to begin with so he figured they just had to make do and reshuffle stuff a bit, but messed up plans also made Sam nervous and when Sam’s nervous, he liked to bite on his nails (which really aggravates on Dean’s nerves) and shifted on his seat every five seconds, which wasn’t a good thing if you’re as tall as Sam was and cramped in the shotgun of the Impala.

Tell me again, about this new vision of yours.

There was a long sigh, a short pause and Sam clearing his throat before he began. The father and son team, they met up with the couple in a hotel room. He promised them something, I’m not sure what it was but they were hopeful and the demon father was convincing. They made another appointment but this time they’re meeting at the couple’s house, I think that’s when he’s going to kill the wife.

So you’re saying your shinning decided to give you a much earlier vision that’s going to happen when exactly?

Well, the father demon said he’s going to come tomorrow, which is in three days for us, so that hotel appointment is going to happen tomorrow. If we end this tomorrow, there’ll be no demon coming to their house to kill the wife.

Great, that’s just great. We have to get there latest tomorrow morning Sam.

I know.

It means we have to ride through tonight.

I know.

Any idea which hotel?

Four Seasons -

Fuck.

- I saw complimentary fruit basket on the table. And we’re in luck, I have their room number as well.

Any names?

Well, not that lucky.

This is going to cost Mr. Freddy May’s platinum card.

Well I say the Queens are rich enough for Four Seasons.

Things had been weird the very moment they had stepped out of the Impala in front of the grand hotel and if they hadn’t been so tired (it was already five in the morning by the time they reached there), they might have given it more thought.

For one, the man who had greeted them was being too eager. Sam had told him that they’re always eager to entertain rich people and they were expected to tip them generously. Dean was too sore to argue the fact that they drove a beat up Impala and they were wearing nothing a rich guy would consider putting on his body.

And then Dean had to watch as another guy took his keys from him and drove his Impala to a parking spot somewhere so he couldn’t keep an eye on his baby. Sam said the car will be in safe hands but Dean wasn’t too sure but he had no control over it. He also ended up giving away a large amount of his poker money as tips.

The busty, attractive woman at the front desk had tried to hide her grin when he showed her the credit card and stressed Freddy as if she knew he was using an alias. She even offered ‘the suite next to suite 105 if you want to’, which he quickly but nicely rejected because sure Freddy May is a rich non-existent dude, but even Dean knew it was ridiculous to spend a few hundred thousand bucks for a night stay.

Sam had interjected then because he really couldn’t stand the obvious flirtation that was going around (although Dean was more confused than anything else by the offer and that look the woman kept giving him; Dean knew when someone was flirting with him and this one wasn’t one of those but he’d kiss a demon before he admits that to his brother) and asked if there was a way to get room 336 instead because it was only logical to get the room that was facing the couple’s.

A woman by the name of Rachel Evans called Sam at about eight that morning. Dean wasn’t around to hear the conversation because he was too busy using up all the goodies he found in the shower.

We should have taken that suite, I’d probably be shoulder deep in a Jacuzzi right about now. And bubbles Sammy, that’d be awesome huh?

Sam wasn’t as awestruck as Dean had been because Sam had had his fair share of hotel rooms while at Stanford. There was a Law & Legal convention held at the Hilton’s while he was a freshman and they had sent him and a couple of his friends with all paid expenses for a two days one night stay at the plush hotel. Sam had been a kid then, awestruck by every single damn thing.

Dude this couple must be damn rich man, I just got a call from their assistant.

Yeah?

Yup. She’s interested in the Page & Plant Interior Design Consultants and was wondering if we could meet her tomorrow.

And you know this is our couple because…

She said her boss and his wife are on a business trip and are staying at the Four Seasons and she was wondering if we could meet up with her at their hotel room today.

I’m guessing it’s room 324?

Yup. Our couple.

So what is it we’re designing exactly?

A nursery.

= =

It got even weirder the following day.

Sam and Dean decided to go out for lunch because the restaurants in this hotel was too damn expensive and Dean wasn’t going to pay eighty bucks for a steak that would satisfy an anorexic when he could get the meaty, greasy one at some diner out there for ten bucks.

They were walking through the lobby when he was suddenly attacked by a flash of what he thought was lightning and then figured lightning couldn’t strike inside a building, especially not in a hotel like Four Seasons because he was sure they had some big hot shot architecture to design the damn building. And then for a split second Dean thought for some freaky Tuesday thing, he had ended up with Sam’s shinning ability.

But after a blinding moment or two, the black spot that was dancing in front of his eyes were gone and he managed a soft what the fuck, before Sam appeared in his peripheral.

“Hey, you okay?”

“Yeah, what the fuck was that?”

“Er, someone took a picture of you man.”

“What?”

“Yeah, I’m not sure what the heck that’s for but this is LA so…”

“And you didn’t grab the asshole?”

“Dude he friggin took off before I could do anything,” Sam reasoned. “I was kind of blinded by it too you know.”

“This place is messed up man.”

“Yeah well, I think he mistook you for some celebrity or something. Why, I’ll have no idea.”

Dean felt a bit better after hearing this. He could pretend he was a celebrity, that’d be kind of awesome. “What do you mean why? It’s so obvious I’m good looking.”

Another weird thing happened while they were dining at Sam’s Café (Dean said he liked the cheesiness of the name and Sam’s Café is the nearest thing to a diner here in LA). While he had the big special lunch meal which came with a side of chilly fries (how awesome is that?) and a really huge cup of black coffee and everything was fine and dandy in Dean’s world, he was also hit on by guys, twice.

Sam called him butch all the way back to the hotel (and Dean had to bear parting with his beloved baby once again) much to Dean’s annoyance but they had twenty minutes to change into something more ‘appropriate’ before meeting Rachel Evans and her boss so Sam didn’t end up with a black eye. But their plan to head straight to their room was ruined by a horde of paparazzi hot on their heels.

This time, Sam was really worried and as confused as Dean. One mistaken identity was understandable, but a horde of them? And then what frightened them more was the fact that everyone was yelling ‘Dean! Dean! Can you smile for a shot? Come on Dean, just one!’

“Dude my name’s not Dean, you got the wrong guy here man.” Dean tried to explain but everywhere around him, people started to laugh and Sam was trying to pull both of them out of the crowd and into the hotel without much success.

“Aww come on Dean, we know your real name, there’s no need to be ashamed dude,” one of the photographers called out. Dean frowned but Sam was quick to act and had made a grab for his arm and pulled him away, breaking the crowd with not much regard who he was pushing and got them inside the hotel.

“What the fuck was that all about man?” Dean huffed. Sam was too busy eyeing the lobby to reply.

A bellhop rushed towards them, looking apologetic. “We’re so sorry about that Sirs, the paparazzi can be a difficult crowd to handle when they decided to attack at once.”

“But we’re nobodies,” Sam replied.

“Well, you’re somebody if you’re associated with celebrities,” the bellhop smiled. “The coast is clear, I suggest you head straight for the elevator while there’s still time.”

“I don’t get it.” Dean said as he scratched his head.

Sam smiled uneasily. “Well-”

But Sam was cut off by a couple of girls squealing and to his horror, they were running towards them.

“Oh my God, it’s you!” Of course, this was directed at Dean.

This time, Dean was prepared. “Hey, I’m not the Dean you girls are probably looking for.”

One of the girls, who was definitely Dean’s type, smiled playfully. “Like you’d actually admit you’re Dean in the first place.”

“Hey we’re not going to make trouble for you guys. We’re just wondering if we can have a picture with you and maybe you can get Nick to come down and meet us for a bit?” The other girl who was brunette with really long legs, said.

If Dean wasn’t too shock at what he was hearing, he’d realised that Sam had put two and two together and looked about ready to haul his ass out of town, away from Dean, who would probably kill him anyway.

“Hold on, you girls know Nick?”

The blonde haired girl laughed. “Well duh, everyone knows Nick. We’re huge fans!”

“Fans huh?”

“Yup. And we know tabloids lie so we don’t believe the rumours at all. And you seem nice Dean. And your friend here too,” the brunette added. “We didn’t know Nick has gorgeous friends from Nashville.”

Now Sam was shocked. “Wait, how did you know we were-”

“You didn’t think we wouldn’t find out, did you? We always know! It’s everywhere really!” the blonde one replied. “In fact, I paid good money just to read this latest article!”

Sam’s eyes almost popped out of his head. He didn’t think it was this huge. By the look on Dean’s face, he wasn’t liking it at all.

“Hey, if I take a picture of you girls with Dean, will you let us have that?” Sam said, referring to the tabloid papers and avoiding Dean’s look at all cost.

“You can have anything you want sweetie as long as we get a picture with Dean,” the blonde one pretty much cooed.

“And if you get Nick down to the lobby to meet us!” the brunette jumped.

“Of course yeah,” Sam said quickly.

Dean was speechless. The blonde one was squeezing the life out of him and the brunette had her head rested on Dean’s shoulder and then there was Dean, looking like a deer caught in the headlights and Sam snapped the picture, rolled the papers firmly in his hands, grabbed Dean by the arms (that’s twice in a day now and Dean wasn’t liking it at all!) and bolted for the elevator before the girls could call them again.

“Sam what the hell?” Dean groaned as the elevator carried them to their floor. “I want to see that paper.”

“Dean, this has to wait, we’re already twenty minutes late and I don’t think someone like Rachel Evans has the patience to wait on us.”

“No Sam, I want to see it now!”

“Dean-”

“Sammy I’m really not in the mood to argue with you right now.”

And Sam knew this, knew this tone that Dean was using on him, knew it wasn’t up to discussion or negotiation, that Dean was going to get what Dean wanted and Sam sighed, because this definitely wasn’t the way he wanted his brother to know but decided it was out of his hands, that it was already out of control, and wondered if Nick was aware of how messed up things had gone.

a/n: So...in the previous chapter, Nick had a vision of the father demon & son visiting the couple and Nick said they were close...i hope you put two and two together what this means (and if you dont, i really need to brush up on my story telling! lol) :D