- Text Size +
AJ slid into his hotel room and plunked his bag down onto his bed. Walking over to the window, he drew the drapes shut and took the phone off the hook. Walking into the bathroom, he turned the faucet on to draw a bath. The temperature of the water was left as hot as he could stand it.

He was a little angry to see that the room wasn’t stocked to his specifications, but not angry enough to call the front desk. He decided to blow it off this time.

As he was getting undressed for his bath, AJ looked at his watch before setting it down on the counter.

“Four fifteen,” he mumbled as he placed it down. He knew that meant he would have a little time to take a nap, call room service and be ready to leave for the show. He was so tired he wished that they didn’t have a tour stop tonight.

Slowly, he eased his body into the scalding hot water and placed a hot washcloth over his face.

The sound of someone pounding on the door startled AJ and he jumped. He realized that he must have fallen asleep when he noticed that the water had become ice cold.

“Ah shit,” AJ stated as he jumped out of the tub and wrapped a white towel around his waist.

Walking up to the door, AJ looked out the peep hole. “Who is it?”

“It’s Mitch, you okay in there, no one could get ahold of you on the phone.”

“Yeah, I’m fine, what time is it?”

“Five thirty. Cal and Mike said they were gonna be ordering room service, you want something added on?”

“I guess the usual room service burger will do me,” AJ replied.

AJ walked back into the bathroom and quickly washed his face and put on his black Adidas running gear and white Nike tennis shoes. Grabbing his room card, he sighed as he turned the lights out.

This was going to be a long night.