- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
It's finally done! I'm so excited, and I hope you are, too! Thanks so much for everyone who stuck with this story and left such awesome reviews! I hope you enjoy the end!

They had that celebratory pizza party and ate like pigs, sprawled out across the family room and kitchen. There was enough soda to float a small ship. Brian didn’t even care when Baylee ate two slices of pizza, drank a can and a half of Coke, and swallowed enough ice cream to have him bouncing off the walls. He was just glad he still had a son who was alive to get extremely hyper.

Sam and Dean were pretty cool to hang out with, Brian decided, when they weren’t talking about demons and monsters. He’d made them put all the weaponry back in their car before the party, and they’d done so graciously. He was fairly surprised at how smart Sam was, as he hadn’t expected that a demon hunter could have as normal a career as a college student or even, possibly, a lawyer. But he’d learned a great deal about them, and he was glad that they were, aside from their jobs, normal guys. Dean reminded him of a mix between AJ and Nick, except for the way he’d behaved that first day.

That tickled Brian pink.

So, when they were leaving, after Baylee had tearfully bid them farewell, Brian stopped them at the door. "Wait just a second. I have something for you, Dean."

"Look, Brian. We already explained that we don’t take payment for a job, so don’t worry about it." Dean frowned when Brian waved it off and disappeared into his office.

When he returned a minute later, he carried a CD and thrust it into Dean’s hands. "I thought you might want one. We’ve got plenty of male fans, so you shouldn’t be embarrassed."

Dean stared, dumbfounded, at the signed copy of Millenium he held. He could hear Sam snickering behind him and knew he’d have to kill him and torch the body in order to gain back his dignity. "Uh, yeah, thanks. Thanks, Brian, but it’s gonna go to waste."

"Yeah because Dean doesn’t have a CD player in the Impala. Doesn’t believe in anything but cassettes," Sam continued to snicker.

Brian shrugged. "Well, take it anyway. And thanks for being a fan." He winked. "It’ll be our little secret."

Cloaking himself with as much dignity as he could muster, Dean nodded and, shaking Brian’s hand, both brothers walked out the door and, climbing into the Impala, started off down the drive. Baylee came to stand with Brian and watched them go.

"They were cool, Daddy. Wait until I tell Mommy everything that happened! She’ll be so surprised!"

Brian winced. "Hey, Baylee? I think we should keep Dean and Sam a secret—our secret. That means no telling Mommy. Okay?" Leighanne would kill him, absolutely kill him if she heard about everything that had happened.

"Okay." Baylee’s eyes sparkled innocently. "Sure, Daddy."