- Text Size +
Days passed, and no one heard anything from Nick since the funeral. Both Brian and Howie had avoided seeing each other since their little dispute in the elevator. Brian had just locked himself up in his hotel room, sleeping the hours away, but today he decided to pay a visit to the hospital. Both AJ and Kevin were already downgraded to a regular hospital room and were soon to be released in a day or so.

Brian had stopped by at Kevin’s room first, but Stan, his personal security guard had told him that he was sleeping, so he made his way over to AJ’s room instead. As he neared the room, he realized that the big, burly African-American man he saw standing in front of the door was Marcus, AJ’s personal security guard.

“How’s it going Rok?” Marcus asked him with a smile.

Brian shrugged, “Things could be better… how’s Jay doing?”

Marcus turned to look at the closed door, “He’s doing better than expected. His memory is coming to him slowly but surely, but it’s coming back to him nonetheless. He remembers all of your names, the only problem he’s having is placing the names with a face. He’s up though, so there should be no reason as to why you can’t see him.”

Brian nodded and grabbed the doorknob, twisting it and pushing the door open. “Thanks Marc.”

As soon as he walked into the room and had closed the door behind him, AJ’s head rose and he just stared at him. “Nick… right?”

Brian smiled and shook his head, “Nope… Brian.”

“Sorry,” he apologized. “I always get you and Nick mixed up.”

Brian chuckled and grabbed a chair from the corner of the room, situating it beside his bed. “It could be the blonde hair and the blue eyes… how ya holding up buddy?”

AJ shrugged, “Fine I guess… Dr. Seid said that Dr. McNorton might release me tomorrow… I’m hoping to be released tomorrow, because I have to stay another day in this damn hospital with their nasty ass food…”

“I know what you mean.” Brian laughed. “But, not to worry… as soon as you get outta here, I’ll treat you to McDonald’s… just like the good ole days.”

AJ fell silent for a while, actually thinking over what Brian said. The good ole days. “How much am I missing Brian?”

Brian looked up at him when he asked that question. “What do you mean?”

“You know…” AJ faltered for a while, thinking of what he meant. “the things Howie tells me… it seems as if I missing out on a lot… and I hate it.”

Brian was taken aback when he seen silent tears trickle from out the corner of AJ’s eyes. “I don’t like the fact that I can’t remember the things I should know… it hurts to see you guys, because I always think of how I should know you, and no matter how hard I try to think, I just can’t remember.”

“You need to give it time AJ… it’ll all come back to you in time.”

AJ closed his eyes and began to clench his fists around a handful of his sheets. “That’s just it… I don’t want to give it time.”

Brian sighed, not knowing what he could say to reassure him that everything would be okay. “Look, as soon as you’re released tomorrow, I’ll come and get you and we’ll work on your memory.”

AJ’s eyes lightened up a little. “Seriously? But… how do you know I’ll be released tomorrow? The doctors said they might release me…”

Brian smiled and rose from his chair. “Don’t worry… they’ll release you, and I’ll make sure of that.”

Brian patted him on his shoulder and began to walk out of the room.

“Hey B-Rok!” AJ called out.

Brian stopped and turned around. “Yeah?”

AJ looked down for a while, but then looked back up and smiled. “Thanks… for everything.”

“Anytime buddy… and you see, your already starting to remember.” And with that, he walked out of the room.

AJ continued to stare at the closed door, wondering what he meant by that. It wasn’t till later that it hit him that he had called Brian “B-Rok”… a nickname they all called Brian… and he had remembered that.