- Text Size +
As soon as Brian stepped into his hotel room, he seen Leighanne sitting on a chair near the balcony, staring out at the view through the sliding doors. Once Brian closed the door, Leighanne looked up and smiled.

“How did you get in here?” Brian asked her.

Leighanne rose from her seat and began to walk towards him. “Johnny gave me the spare key…” she stopped in front of him and looked off to the side, staring at the bed for a while. She then decided to sit on the bed and had patted her hand on the bed, wanting him to sit down next to her.

Hesitantly, he sat down beside her, making sure there was a small space between them. “We need to talk.” she began.

Brian’s stomach churned. Whenever women said those four words, “we need to talk”, it meant something bad was about to happen. “What do you mean we need to talk? About what?”

Leighanne shrugged. “I don’t know… why don’t you tell me. I only said we need to talk because there’s something on your mind… I can see it in your eyes, hear it in your voice, see it in your actions. Something’s bothering you, and your just keeping it in. I’m not here to force it out of you… I’m here because I’m your wife.”

Brian tried to force back the tears that were threatening to fall from his eyes. “There’s nothing to talk about.”

Leighanne grabbed his face in her hands and had forced him to look at her. “Look me in the eyes and tell me there’s nothing to talk about.”

Without even realizing it, Brian had let his tears go, and it was now flowing freely down his cheeks. “There’s nothing to talk about.”

Leighanne began to wipe away the trickling tears with the pad of her thumb, gently caressing his stained cheeks. “Funny… your tears are telling me otherwise. Brian, you don’t have to push me away… like I said, I’m your wife. Whatever your in, we’re in it together. I thought we made that clear to each other when we got married. Let it go baby…”

Brian literally broke down in her arms, grasping at her body as his sobs began to wrack his body. “What’s wrong with me Leigh… I’m losing everybody and everything right before me. First it was Nick, now it’s Howie… who’s next?”

Leighanne began to tear herself as she tried to hold her weeping husband in her arms. “There’s nothing wrong with you Brian… this accident is affecting everyone in different ways, it’s stressing you out more than anybody. You need to give Nick his time and space, he’ll come to forgive and forget… and Howie… sweetie, you know Howie. He’s the peacemaker… he can’t stay mad at someone forever. He’s trying to balance everything out right now, and he’s really feeling stressed because… I mean, look at it this way, Nick’s not talking to anyone, Kevin and AJ is still in the hospital, and your busy fighting your inner demons… who does it leave to take charge and make sure everything and everybody is okay? Howie. Wouldn’t you be stressed as well if everything came crashing down on you at once, and your trying to heal yourself at the same time?”

Brian thought over what she was saying, realizing that she was right. Here he was, being selfish again, thinking that everyone was turning their backs on him, when in actuality, he was turning his back on everyone else. “I need help… I can’t stand the person I’m turning out to be…”

Leighanne grabbed his face once again and rose it up to her. “Then stop trying to fight this by yourself. I’m here for you baby… here to help you. You need to remember that you don’t have to face each and every day by yourself… your not standing in this world alone. Just open your eyes baby and you’ll see me…”

Brian continued to cry and just clutched on tighter to his wife. He honestly didn’t know where he would be if it wasn’t for Leighanne keeping him sane. Leighanne grabbed him and had pulled him back onto the bed, both of them falling back lightly. Brian kept his hold on Leighanne as she began to kiss his tears away. She began to hum softly, and then sing into his ear, causing him to shiver as he heard her melodic voice and felt her breath tickling the shell of his ear.

“I’ll be the one, who will make all your sorrows undone… I’ll be the light, when you feel like there’s nowhere to run… I’ll be the one, to hold you, and make sure that you’ll be alright, cause my fear is gone, and I want to, take you from darkness to light…” she whispered.

Brian could only smile as her words hit his heart hard. He tightened his grasp on her body and nuzzled himself in the crook of her neck, drifting into a deep sleep.