- Text Size +
“AARON!!!”

“Nick, what in the hell are you doing? We will go and find them as soon as we all get off this side of the bus, but we can’t have you jumping off into god knows where like an idiotic fool!”

“You don’t understand, look at this fucking bunk! It’s cut in half… AJ wasn’t in that fucking bunk, Aaron was! I need to find them…”

“Nick!”

“Stay here and watch Brian… I’ll go look for Kev, Jay and Aaron…”


“You need to stop replaying the accident through your mind…”

Brian turned around and seen Aaron standing there, staring at him. “Is this…”

“Another dream?” Aaron finished off for him. “Yeah, sure… but this dream would’ve been a nightmare if it wasn’t for me intervening. You really need to stop replaying this accident through your mind, it’s not healthy. I know it’s hard, because your not in control of your dreams and all, but you tend to dream of what is bothering you or what your truly thinking about.”

Brian sighed, “Well, if that’s the case, I should’ve been dreaming of Nick placing a gun to my head and pulling the trigger, because that’s what I feel like right now… like I’m dead to him.”

Aaron snapped his fingers and the dream changed. They were now standing in the middle of the ocean, on top of the water. Brian began to freak out when he looked down and realized that he was standing on water. Aaron simply laughed, “Geez, calm down Brian… it’s a dream, remember? Anything can happen. Now, take a walk with me.”

“To where?” Brian asked him, trying to get used to the feeling of literally walking on water. “We’re standing in the middle of the damn ocean!”

Aaron shook his head and chuckled to himself. “Just shutup and walk…”

They both began to walk across the water in silence, Aaron staring straightforward, but Brian looking down, seeing a school of fish follow every step he took. “So,” Aaron began. “you called Nick today, right?”

Brian nodded, “Yeah… and as you can guess, things didn’t go over to well.”

Aaron stopped in his tracks and looked at Brian. “Oh, I don’t need to guess… I already know. I know every single word that was exchanged between you and Nick. I seen what you did after Nick hung the phone up on you… I know what Nick did after he hung up the phone.”

Aaron began walking again, and Brian just stood there, staring at him. “What did he do?”

“He did the same thing as you did Bri… he cried.”

Brian started to walk again and caught up with Aaron, standing behind him. “He did?”

Aaron nodded, “Yups… he cried like a little baby. You see, this whole thing is affecting him more than you think it is. He’s putting on this tough, outer shell, but not to worry… those hard layers will shed away and you’ll have Nick back. But, do you want to know what’s the fastest way to shed his layers?”

Brian nodded. “You need to stop biting your tongue and say what you really mean. You need to start acting the same way he’s acting towards you. Be a jackass to him.”

“What?!” Brian asked him in shock. “What do you mean be a jackass to him, I can’t do that. That’s the last thing he needs right now.”

“And how would you know what exactly he needs right now?” Aaron asked him. Brian fell silent and thought about it. “You see, if you start acting to him the same way he’s acting to everyone else, he’ll see his reflection within you… he’ll feel intimidated, and he’ll break… and once he does, he’ll come crawling back to you, wanting the ‘old you’ back. I mean, I’m not saying it’s a bad thing to be nice to him, it is good… but sometimes he uses that as an advantage. While your on your knees begging and pleading for his forgiveness, he’ll use your weakness against you… wanting pity from anyone, especially you. You can’t give him pity… he’s old enough to deal with life, he’s not a little kid anymore. You need to put him in his place and stop biting your tongue. He’s breaking you apart, piece by piece by making you go out of your way to give him sympathy and pity. Don’t give him that Brian… because he’ll only make you keep doing what your doing, and you will break in time. You need to stand up to him, I know it’s hard because he’s your best friend… but if it’s what’ll bring him back, then by all means go and do it.”

Brian sighed, “But… I can’t talk to him anymore, I mean, he won’t talk to me anymore. There’ll be no reason for me to… act that way towards him.”

Aaron stopped walking and turned to face Brian. “There will be a reason. He’s going to do something radical, and that’ll be your opportunity to break him down. Now, wake up and go see what it is.”