- Text Size +
Brian went right down to the café and had ordered himself a cup of coffee. He sat at the table all alone, slowly sipping his steaming hot cup of brew. He slowly and gently touched the small cut on the left side of his cheek, feeling a dab of sticky blood.

“Mind if I join you?”

Brian looked up to see AJ standing before him. He shook his head, “No, not at all…”

AJ pulled the chair out and sat down in front of Brian, remaining silent for a while. “I would just love to know… where the hell that came from.”

“Where the hell did what come from?” Brian asked him back, taking another sip of his coffee.

“You know…” AJ paused. “the way you and Nick were going at it. I thought you two were best friends.”

“Were.” Brian punctuated. “We were best friends, not anymore. I’m seriously tired of begging for his forgiveness, I have more important things to do.”

“Oh.” AJ fell silent for a while. “Do you honestly think Nick’s gonna quit the group?”

“Nah.” Brian replied shaking his head. “So much is running through his mind right now, it’s as if he doesn’t realize what he’s doing or saying. Just need to give him time, that’s all.”

AJ looked away, looking over towards where they were serving food. As his eyes began to scan the room, one particular person had caught his eye. It was an older man sitting there in the distance, drinking coffee and staring at him. AJ continued to stare at the man, something was going off in his mind. The man continued to sip his coffee and he began to grin when he noticed that AJ was struggling to remember something he should know.

AJ’s eyes began to flutter close as he forced his mind to remember where he saw this man, why he seemed so familiar.

“Damnit D., didn’t I tell you to stay up there with Brian?”

“Brian’s fine, where could he possibly go?” Howie replied. “It’s them we need to worry about.”

AJ opened his eyes for a while to see both Nick and Howie standing there. He felt pain exploding through the lower part of his body, something was pinning his body in an awkward position. Though he was in the back, near the bathroom, he could still se right through the bunks. Someone had approached them from behind, but AJ couldn’t get a word out to warn them. The man wrapped his arms around Howie’s waist and had hoisted him into the air.

“One more step, and I’ll blow his fucking brains out!” the man shouted.


“Oh my god…” AJ rasped.

The man simply smiled, knowing AJ now knew who he was.

“What is it Jay?” Brian asked him, getting worried at AJ’s sudden odd behavior.

AJ didn’t respond. He simply pushed his mind further into remembering more about this man, he needed to remember more so that he could tell Brian that their killer was right there. All of a sudden, there was a sharp pain that shot through his head, causing his eyes to roll in the back of his head and for him to fall right out of his seat and onto the ground.

“AJ!” Brian shouted as he snapped out of his seat and went over to AJ’s unconscious form. “C’mon AJ, get up.” Brian began to pat AJ’s cheeks, hoping that it would wake him up, but it was no use. “Someone get me help please!”