- Text Size +
Kevin was about to walk into his bathroom to take a shower, but was stopped when Marcus busted into his room, carrying AJ along with him. “What in the hell happened?” Kevin asked, shock written all over his face. “I thought they weren’t going to release him until tomorrow…”

“Pack your things.” was all Marcus said in reply as he sat AJ down on Kevin’s bed. “We’re leaving, now.”

Kevin could only stand there and watch in puzzlement as Marcus brushed past him and went right into the bathroom, grabbing a white hand towel. “What do you mean we’re leaving now?”

“Just pack your shit now and lets go.” Marcus snapped. He didn’t mean to sound so harsh, but he knew he had to get the boys out of the hotel, now.

Kevin remained standing there, staring at them. He watched as AJ removed his hand from his right arm, revealing a bloody slash. Marcus handed him the hand towel he had grabbed out of the bathroom. “What in the hell happened?”

“That’s the reason why we’re leaving this hotel now.” Marcus replied. “This guy is striking closer and closer to home.”

Kevin’s eyes widened. “You mean to tell me that this bastard attacked AJ in the hospital?! But… how could this…”

“Look!” Marcus interrupted. “I’ll tell you the whole story once we leave, but I need you to do a couple of things right now. First of all, start packing your shit so we can leave. Second of all, do not ask me anymore questions until we get out of here. Third of all, you cannot let Johnny know what happened to AJ… he’ll really have my a**.”

“Then what would be our reason for leaving?”

Marcus paused for a while, thinking it over. “We’ll just say when he ran you guys off the road, he had followed us back to the hotel when I came to pick you guys up.”

“And where do you expect us to go?”

Marcus sighed, “Didn’t I say not to ask anymore questions?”

“Yeah, but these are questions that are not pertaining to AJ or the incident. We need to know where we’re going first before we even get there.”

“We’re going to bring you guys back to your homes… we’ll set up a security team to guard each house.”

“Do you really think going home is the best place to go? I mean, if this guy knows our every move, I would think he also knows where we all live and that we’ll be leaving the hotel tonight to go back to our homes.”

“That is why we’re going to sneak you guys out of here?”

Kevin cocked an eyebrow. “Sneak us out of here?” he repeated.

“Yes… sneak you guys out of here. I’ll tell Johnny my plan while you guys pack your shit. We’re gonna have the management team stay here, which means I and the rest of your personal security guards will remain here while the newly appointed team of bodyguards drive you guys back to your homes. If we stay here and the guy sees us, the management, he’ll think you four are all still here.”

“Do you really think that’s going to work?”

Marcus fell silent and just stared at Kevin. “I hope so.” he bent down before AJ, who was staring off into space. “Hey buddy, I need you to do me a favor. You cannot tell Johnny what happened tonight, okay? I don’t mean to make this situation like nothing happened, but if he finds out, he’ll fire me, okay?”

AJ nodded. “Yeah.”

Marcus rose and had turned back to Kevin. “Do you have a long sleeve shirt that he can wear for now, to cover his wound?”

Kevin nodded and began to rummage through his closet, looking for a long sleeve shirt or jacket that he could let AJ use. Marcus began to walk out of the room, “I’m gonna go tell Brian and Howie to pack their stuff, then I’m gonna tell Johnny my plan. I’ll come back for you guys once we have everything settled and are ready to ship you guys out.”

Once the door closed, Kevin handed AJ his sweater and had sat on the bed next to him. “AJ, can you tell me what happened?”

AJ slipped the sweater over his head and had looked over at Kevin. “Here was there… he pulled me out of the bed and was going to force me out the window, but I refused. That’s when he swung his knife at me, catching my right arm. By the time Marcus got into the room, he was gone…”

Kevin fell silent for a while, just staring at him. He then got off the bed and had walked over to his closet to begin to pull his belongings out so he could pack them.

“Kevin?” AJ called out.

Kevin stopped shoving his clothes into his suitcase and had looked up. “Yes Jay?”

“It was him.”

Kevin just stared at AJ in puzzlement, wondering what he meant by ‘it was him’. “What do you mean ‘it was him’? What are you talking about?”

“When I was with Brian earlier today…” AJ paused and looked up at Kevin. “He was the one I saw in the café.”