- Text Size +
Nick walked into his room and had closed the door behind him, the fact that there was a team of security guards downstairs was beginning to bug him more than anything. He sat down on his bed and had looked up at the small table that was beside his bed, staring at the picture frame that was positioned there. He grabbed it and had brought it close, observing the photo. It was an old picture of him and the group, one of the first pictures that was taken of them when the group was starting out.

He pulled the picture out of the frame and had folded it, placing it in his pocket. He was about to place the frame back on the table, until another photo caught his eyes. Behind the picture of him and the group was an old picture of him holding Aaron when he was a baby. He pulled that picture out of the frame and held it up close to him, just staring at it. His eyes began to water as his mind began to reminisce the days he spent with his younger brother.

He crumpled the picture within his hand and had placed it back on the table, wiping the falling tears off of his face. An ideal then popped into his mind, which caused him to look over at the closed window in his room.

“Nick?!” Leslie called out, walking upstairs and towards his room.

She stood outside, knocking a couple times before falling silent and waiting for an answer. “Nick, it’s Leslie… mom wants you downstairs…” she fell silent again, waiting for a reply, but no one responded. Hesitantly, she grabbed the doorknob and had twisted it, pushing the door open wide.

“Nick?” she called out again, walking into his room. She passed by the bathroom and had glanced in, not seeing him in there. When she walked in, he was nowhere to be found. Her eyes began to scan the room, the open window happening to catch her attention.

“God Nick…” Leslie muttered to herself, turning around to walk out of the room. “What have you gotten yourself into?”