- Text Size +
“Who was that?”

AJ turned to look at Brian. “It was a friend. Hey, you guys wouldn’t happen to have Marcus’s cell phone number, would ya?”

“It’s in your cell phone.”

AJ looked down at his cell phone and began to scan through his phone book, looking for Marcus’s number. Once he found it, he pushed the call button and waited for him to pick up.

“Hello?”

“Hey Marc, it’s me… AJ.”

“What’s up Jay? What can I do for you?”

AJ fell silent and looked around; looking for somewhere private he could talk. He walked upstairs and into the bathroom, closing and locking the door behind him. “I need you to do me a favor.”

“Oh no AJ… I told you I was through with doing favors for anybody, the last time I did a favor, I almost got my ass fired…”

“Nick’s life is at stake… still don’t want to do the favor?”

“What do you mean Nick’s life is at stake? He’s at his parents house.”

“Apparently not. He called me and told me that he was at the cemetery, and so is that man.”

Marcus groaned, “Oh my god, you have got to be kidding me! No one is there with him? He’s at the goddamn cemetery by himself?”

“Yeah, but you cannot say anything to anybody… promise me that Marc…”

Marcus fell silent for a while, “AJ, this is really important. I need to tell someone what’s going on, we could capture the guy.”

“There is no fucking way I’m going to let you guys use Nick as bait.” AJ snapped, which caused Marcus to remain silent. “He does not want anyone to know anything right now… and I called you because I know I can trust you to keep your mouth shut. Please Marc… do me this one favor, I will be sure that you will not be caught… you will not lose your job, nothing will happen to you.”

Marcus sighed heavily. “Okay, okay…”

“Thank you so much Marcus! Now, before you go to the cemetery, you need to come and pick me up… I told Nick that I would go with you to pick him up.”

“Do the fellas know?”

AJ shook his head, “No… so when you get here, don’t say anything to them.”

“Okay… I’ll be there in a second.”

~*~*~*~*~*~

Kevin, Howie and Brian were sitting on the couch, watching TV, but then looked up at AJ when he came downstairs and began to walk towards the door. “Where in the hell do you think your going?”

“Marcus and I are going to pick up something form the store, you guys want anything?”

The three of them just stared at AJ in puzzlement. “No…”

AJ shrugged and opened the door. “Suit yourselves.” and with that, he was out of the door and approaching the black SUV Marcus was in. as soon as he jumped in on the passenger’s side, Marcus pulled out of the driveway and began to drive down towards the cemetery.

“I cannot believe that I am doing this shit…” Marcus muttered.

AJ only smirked and began to look at the interior of the SUV. “Who the hell buys you guys these kinds of cars?”

“It’s not ours… it’s the managements.”

They both fell silent for a while, staring straight ahead. Marcus glanced down to see AJ scratching the gauze that was wrapped around his right arm. “Is your arm okay?”

AJ stopped scratching and had looked up at him. “It’s fine. The slice wasn’t that deep, so it’s scabbing pretty fast. Now, it’s just itchy as hell.”

Marcus chuckled, “I can imagine.” he replied as he turned into the cemetery. He parked in the parking lot and sat there, loading his gun with bullets.

AJ stared at the gun in shock. “You have a license to carry a gun? But… your just a bodyguard.”

“Bodyguards have more rights and licenses that you know.” He pulled out another loaded gun and handed it over to AJ. “I want you to stay in the car while I go and get Nick. If that guy is still here and tried to get to you, you do not hesitate to pull that trigger to shoot him. Lock the doors as soon as I get out of the car.”

AJ just stared at the gun Marcus handed to him. “But… but I’ve never shot someone, let alone shot a gun.”

“Just because you’ve never shot a gun, doesn’t mean you don’t know how to use one.” Marcus replied, and with that, he got out of the car and closed the door behind him.

AJ did just as he was told, locking the doors and staying in the car. Marcus began to walk towards the chapel, aiming his gun so in case he saw the man, he would just shoot him. He walked into the chapel and scanned the area, not seeing anyone in sight. “Nick?” he called out, not hearing anyone respond. “Nick?” he said a little louder this time.

Nick popped up from behind a pew. “Over here man…”

Marcus just stared at Nick, noticing that there was something wrong with him because of the way he was standing. “Man, are you okay? You look a little…”

“He got me… stabbed me in the leg.” Nick responded, walking around the pew so he was standing in front of Marcus, showing the bloody stab wound that was in his left thigh.

“Shit.” Marcus groaned as he placed his gun in the belt of his pants. “What in the hell were you doing out here by yourself anyway?”

“Well, I don’t know what the hell I’m doing anymore…” Nick retorted, limping towards Marcus. “I didn’t know it was such a crime to come and pay my brother a visit.”

“No one said it was a crime for you to be here, but being here by yourself is… look, we told you five not to go anywhere by yourselves.”

Marcus slung Nick’s arm around his shoulder and began to walk out the chapel, but froze when they came face to face with a gun.

“Shit AJ, didn’t I say for you to stay in the car?” Marcus snapped.

“You guys were taking a little too long for my liking.” AJ replied, lowering the gun.

“What in the hell is he doing with a freaking gun?” Nick asked, confused as ever.

“I gave it to him to protect himself because he was supposed to stay in the car.” Marcus enunciated the last four words. “He wouldn’t be able to shoot it anyway, the safety’s on.”

“Oh, so you give him a gun that doesn’t even work to protect himself?”

“Can we just get out of here please!” AJ exclaimed. “I got out of the car to see what was taking you guys so long, and I can obviously see that you need help in getting Nick to the car, so can we just go?”

Both Nick and Marcus was staring at AJ, taken aback by his little outburst. AJ took Nick’s other side and helped Marcus walk Nick out of the chapel and towards the car. Marcus opened the car door and had placed Nick in the back, then both he and AJ got in.

“Look,” Marcus began, starting the car and pulling out of the graveyard. “I’m taking you to the hospital, and after that your coming back with us to this house we have in a remote area. I’ll call your parents and let them know what happened.”

“NO!” Nick shouted. “Look, I’ll go back with you guys to the house, but you cannot take me to the hospital, and you cannot tell my parents what happened. I’ll be fine, I’ve endured enough pain already, so this stab wound is nothing. Just please… don’t say anything to anyone… please Marcus.”

AJ turned to look at Marcus. “You promised me man…”

Marcus looked at Nick through the rearview mirror, staring at him for quite a while. “Well, what do you expect me to say when people ask what happened to your leg?”

Nick shrugged, “I’ll wrap it when we get to the house… I’m telling you, it’s not that painful…”

Marcus sighed heavily as he pulled into the driveway of the house. “What the hell am I getting myself into?”