- Text Size +
“How’s he doing?” AJ asked as Brian walked down the stairs.

Brian shrugged, “Better, I guess… he’s dressing himself right now, I just got done wrapping up his leg.” He paused and looked around, noticing that Kevin and Howie were nowhere in sight. “Where’s D. and Kevin”

“Howie’s in the kitchen cooking and Kevin is talking to Marcus…”

“Mmm… what’s he cooking?”

“His famous spicy enchiladas and chicken quesadilla.”

Brian could feel his stomach rumble. “Can’t wait… when do you think…” he paused in the middle of his sentence when he heard someone walking downstairs. Both he and AJ looked up to see Nick limping down, dressed in Kevin’s clothes.

“Feeling better?” AJ asked.

Nick nodded and had walked over to the couch, collapsing down on it and propping his injured leg up so it was leveled. “Much… thanks again AJ…” he froze for a moment, wanting to thank Brian, but not wanting to say the words. “And… thanks Bri… for helping me.”

Brian smiled and nodded, “No problem Frack…” he bit his tongue when he said that name, and Nick winced a bit. He hasn’t referred to Nick by his nickname since before the accident, and Nick had already made it clear that they were no longer best friends, which would mean that they couldn’t call each other the nicknames they used to call each other.

AJ could sense the tension between them and decided to break it. “Okay, who’s ready for dinner?”

~*~*~*~*~*~

They all sat at the dining table, silently staring at one another, slowly eating their food. They hadn’t eaten together like this since the accident, and once again, AJ could feel the tension that was being passed between one another. “This is really good Howie…” he said, breaking the silence.

Howie looked up at AJ and nodded, “Thanks Jay… I was kind of scared on how it would come out because I hadn’t cooked this in ages!”

They all fell silent once again, picking at their food and slowly placing it in their mouths. AJ had looked around, not liking the silence that was surrounding them. He decided to break the mode by talking about what he had remembered. “Remember the way Nick would always pull pranks onus?” the four of them looked up and just stared at AJ. He continued, “And we decided to get him back by throwing him out of the dressing room in his whitie tighties?”

All but Nick cracked a grin and snickered. “Yeah, well remember when Howie lost his balance on stage and fell into AJ, and they both fell off the stage?” Nick fired back.

Now, it was only Kevin and Brian who were snickering. “That wasn’t funny…” Howie muttered. “That really did hurt!”

Nick chuckled, “Yeah, well… I was just as hurt when you all threw me out of the dressing room in my damn whitie tighties in front of that girl band!”

“Hey Nick, didn’t you jump Howie?” AJ asked.

Nick nodded, “Yeah, and lemme tell ya, I learned the most valuable lesson in my life! Never jump a Puerto Rican… let alone make one mad!”

“I’ll kill you man… I’ll kill you!” Kevin mimicked the way Howie had threatened Nick.

Howie rolled his eyes, “Dude, I didn’t mean it… I was angry then, I said words I didn’t mean to say. But now since we’re talking about everyone’s embarrassing moments… Kevin, you still didn’t explain yourself as to why you were wearing that skirt that one day!”

“It wasn’t a skirt man… and I really think you need to talk to AJ, because he was the one who had the full on skirt, blouse and boobs!”

AJ chocked on his drink. “I had what?!?”

“Yeah man, you dressed as a chick for your Johnny-No-Name gig. It was freaking hilarious!”

AJ fell speechless, and he looked over towards Brian, who was laughing. “I really don’t know why your laughing Rok, because remember that one time we had a show, and you tripped on those stairs in front of everyone!”

This time, Brian fell silent and everyone was laughing at him. “I did not trip on those steps, Nick tripped me from behind!”

“No dude, the only thing that tripped you was your own two feet!” Nick laughed.

They were all laughing at this point, the first time they laughed so hard together in a long time. Brian glanced to the side and seen Aaron standing in the corner of the dining room, staring at all of them and smiling. He then looked over towards Brian and gave him a smile and a nod. Brian smiled and nodded as well, now knowing that everything was going to be alright.