- Text Size +
Days passed, and the tension within the house seemed to be a little more at ease. Nick and Brian avoided crossing each other’s path, but they did talk, only when necessary. AJ’s memory was coming back full swing, slowly but surely. Howie was learning how to deal with the whole ordeal they were going through, never disconnecting from his role as the peacemaker. And Kevin, well, he was still the same Kevin they all knew and love, being the father figure of the group.

AJ was sitting on the couch next to Nick, who was watching TV. He was reading a magazine in the meantime, skimming through the pages, looking to see if there were any recent articles about his group. He didn’t care about Jessica and Nick’s divorce, he didn’t care that Green Day won the award for Best Group for the Kids Choice Awards, he really could care less about the relationship Justin Timberlake and Cameron Diaz were having… but what do we have here? “Looks Like The Boys Won’t Be Hitting The Streets Anytime Soon.” Was the name of the article, and below the title was a picture of them as a group, obviously a picture that was taken of them before the accident.

He read further into the article. “That was what their manager, Johnny Wright announced to MTV news earlier this month. The band was involved in a serious accident where their bus driver lost control of the vehicle after the tire of the bus had popped. The unfortunate accident claimed the life of Backstreet Boy Nick Carter’s little brother, Aaron Carter. “The boys seem to be healing quite well.” Johnny explained to MTV’s John Norris. “They’re all at home now, resting and giving their bodies and minds proper time to heal. They’re all going through a great ordeal right now, and they all appreciate the support and love their fans have been showing them throughout this whole devastating situation. They just need time to settle down and get through this obstacle, and we’re giving them all the time they need.” As of when they’ll be back on the road again, Johnny said that their new album has indeed been postponed and it looks as if they won’t be back on the road touring anytime soon. For more on this story log on to starmagazine.com or mtv.com.”

AJ closed the magazine and had placed down on the coffee table that was in front of him. Both Brian and Howie walked into the living room and had flounced down on the love seat that was situated across from the couch. “What are you guys watching?” Howie asked.

“Spongebob Squarepants.” Nick replied, never breaking his gaze off the TV. “What were you guys doing? Where’d you guys just come back from?”

“We were outside talking to the security guards…” Brian answered, staring at the TV as well. It was the episode where Sandy was hibernating and both Spongebob and Patrick were locked in her domed house where it was snowing. They were busy playing in the snow, but were trying so hard not to wake her up.

AJ’s eyes scanned the living room; he noticed that someone was missing. “Where’s Kevin?”

“He’s on the phone with Marcus…”

“Welp,” AJ sighed, placing his hands on the sofa and pushing himself up. “I gotta go drain the main vein.”

Nick grabbed the pillow from the side of him and had chucked it at AJ. “Thanks for sharing, but we really didn’t need to know that you have to drain your straw.”

Both Howie and Brian busted out in snickers while AJ glared at Nick playfully. He grabbed the pillow Nick had chucked at him earlier and began to relentlessly beat Nick on the head. “And when was the last time you saw my big dick?” AJ joked as he continued to beat Nick on the head with the pillow softly.

Nick began to laugh and tried to push AJ away, trying to shield himself from AJ’s relentless attacks. “It’s not my fault your girl came running to me, telling me how you couldn’t satisfy her.”

Without a warning, AJ pounced on Nick, playfully tackling him on the couch. Both Howie and Brian sat there laughing, not even bothering to get up to separate the two, knowing that it was only harmless horseplay. But things turned serious when Nick yelped out in pain.

AJ quickly jumped off of Nick and backed away. “Nick… are you okay?”

Both Howie and Brian rose from the love seat and approached Nick, standing behind AJ. Nick continued to sit there, rocking back and forth, squeezing his injured leg tight. “I can’t believe you AJ… why would you do that?”

“I’m, I’m sorry…” AJ began to stutter. “I didn’t mean to hurt you, I had forgot about your leg…”

Nick shook his head and looked away, “I can’t believe you… how could you fall for something LIKE THAT?!?”

AJ looked up and saw Nick smiling. Before he could make a move, Nick shot up from the couch and had lunged at AJ, playfully tackling him to the ground. They both wrestled around a bit until Nick just stopped and left AJ alone. He laid there on his back, breathing heavily. “Okay… for real this time, lets stop… my leg’s beginning to kill me!”

AJ pushed himself up off the ground. “Well, you’re the stupid one that threw yourself at me!” he extended his hand out towards Nick and had pulled him up off the ground. “Now, I’m gonna go take a piss… without any disturbances.” he stressed out the last part of his sentence, looking over towards Nick as he made his way towards the bathroom.

Nick laughed and had flounced back down on the couch behind him. He lifted his injured leg and placed it on the coffee table in front of him. “Some things never change!”

Just then, Kevin busted through the front door and ran into the parlor where they all were. “You guys, change it on channel 3.”

Brian looked back over towards his flustered cousin. “Why Kev, what’s the matter?”

“Just turn it to channel 3 now!”

Nick picked up the remote and switched the Spongebob Squarepants cartoon they were watching earlier to channel 3, as Kevin requested. It was the news, but it was the headline that caught their attention. At the top of the screen was the title “BREAKING NEWS.”

“This is just coming into our studio now, we’re getting reports that there was standoff situation that involved one male. He was a 45-year-old male by the name of Jerico Rodriguez. The standoff ended just a couple a minutes ago, the cops had no other choice than to barge into Rodriguez’s home where he barricaded himself, but when they finally busted in, he was found dead at the scene. He had shot and killed himself minutes before the swarm of SWAT invaded his home. His family and friends are mourning and grieving at this time, saying quote, “Jerico was a sweet guy that wouldn’t hurt a fly. He was a loving husband and father to his wife and two sons, and we aren’t sure as to what had ticked him off so bad as to create a standoff. Jerico rarely got mad at anything or anyone.” Jerico’s wife, Paulina Rodriguez told officials that he was once involved with a gang known as MS13, but that was years ago when he was still a freshmen in high school. He wasn’t involved in another gang since, and has only been found guilty for a few misdemeanors, which involved stealing and possession of drugs. She said that this was all in the past though, and as soon as he turned 21 and had married her, his life dramatically changed and everything seemed to be slated clean off his past. Jerico Rodriguez is also believed to be a man that was most wanted by officials. Upon investigating the scene, they found various clues that led to the belief that he was indeed the man most wanted for stalking and harming pop sensational group, the Backstreet Boys. Stay tuned for more news on this escalating story.”

They all stared at the TV in shock, slowly turning to look at one another. “Does that mean…” Nick slowly said. “it’s all over with? We can go back home and go on with our regular lives?”

Sadly, Kevin shook his head. “It doesn’t necessarily mean it’s all over. Cops still have further investigate this situation, and as for us… well, Marcus said it would be best for us to stay put here until we know for sure that this is the man they were looking for.”

“Well, is it safe for us to go back to our house at least for a little while?” Brian questioned. “I just have to check something and get something from my house and that’s it, I’ll be back.”

Kevin fell silent for a while, thinking it over. “Well, I guess it would be okay. We can all go back to our homes to get something or do whatever, but under certain circumstances. One, we all have to go one by one, so as soon as Brian comes back, the other may go. Two, we all must return to this house. And thirdly, no trying to ditch your bodyguard, NICK.” he turned and stared at Nick as she said that.

Nick’s eyes widened. “What?!? Why are you looking at me when you said that?”

Kevin chuckled and shook his head. “Just, no pulling any fast ones, okay? We all know how you can get Nick…”

“Well, I’m gonna go now… I’ll be back.” Brian said as he left and walked out the door.

Howie turned towards Kevin. “Do you honestly think that was the guy?”

Kevin looked over at Howie and sighed. “I really don’t know… I pray to God that it is though.”