- Text Size +
AJ walked out of the bathroom and sighed, he felt better now. As he walked out into the living room, he seen Nick sitting on the couch, both he and Howie were going through a stack of envelopes, and both Brian and Kevin were nowhere to be found, they must be outside talking to the security guards. He walked over to the loveseat and flounced down, staring at both Nick and Howie who were separating the stack of envelopes.

“Here, this is for you.” Nick said as he grabbed a stack of mail and tossed it over to AJ.

AJ tried to catch it all, but it ended up scattering all over his lap and falling to the ground. “Thanks a lot Nick you dick!”

He grabbed the envelopes and looked through it. It all had his name on it, all fan mail. He opened the first envelope and read the letter. “Hey AJ. I heard what happened to you and the boys. And I just wanted you to know that all of you are in my prayers at this time, especially Aaron. I hope all of you are doing well at this time, and please don’t take too long to come back to all of us, your truly devoted fans. With sincere love, your biggest fan, Vanessa Torrie.”

“Hi AJ. My name is Beverly Frank, and I am 6 years old. My brother had told me that your mind was a vegetable, and I am really sorry.” AJ chuckled at this. “At first I didn’t know what he meant by that, until he told me that your mind was basically messed up and now your stupid.” his face turned serious. “I am sorry for that. I hope you are doing okay now, because out of the five of you, you are my favoritist Backstreet Boy. Please take care and god bless. Love, Beverly.”

AJ laughed and rolled his eyes, placing that note on the side. As he continued to open the rest of his fan mail, Kevin walked back in, stuffing his cell phone back in his pocket. “Brian didn’t come back yet?”

Both Howie and Nick shook their heads. “Nope.”

AJ looked up at Kevin in puzzlement. “Wait… what do you mean Brian didn’t come back yet? Where in the hell did he go, and how could you guys let him go… wherever he went? I thought the agreement was that we all stay here in this house until this man is captured?”

“Oh yeah, you were in the bathroom.” Nick said, grabbing the remote from off the side. “Here, check this out man.” he clicked the TV on and channel 3 came on. It was the same female reporter that had reported the breaking news earlier.

“Many meteorologist believe that this year’s hurricane season won’t be as severe as last year, Hurricane Katrina being the worst hurricane of last year and the worst devastation to hit Louisiana in decades. In other news tonight, three Americans soldiers in Iraq are reported dead after a suicide bombing went off near the car the three soldiers were in at the time.”

“Change it to channel 14.” Kevin advised.

Nick grabbed the remote again and had switched it to channel 14, where they were talking about the standoff situation that had ended not too long ago. “The family continues to mourn the lost of a loving husband and a dedicated father after a standoff situation had ended just hours ago. A 45-year-old man by the name of Jerico Rodriguez had barricaded himself in his house where he held his own self hostage while his wife and two sons were out grocery shopping. As soon as the SWAT team busted into his home, he was found shot in the head, dead at the scene. It appears that he had committed suicide minutes before the SWAT officers busted into his home. Jerico’s friends and family members describe him to be a “loving person who wouldn’t hurt a fly. It was hard to upset him, for he had no grudges with anyone and he hardly got upset at anything or anyone.” His wife stated earlier that he was indeed with a gang known as MS13, but that was years ago when he was still in high school. He gave up his minor crime life and left the gang when he entered his sophomore year, and he dramatically changed as soon as he married his high school sweetheart, Paulina Robolino. It is believe that Jerico Rodriguez was the man wanted by officials for the stalking and harassment of pop legendaries, the Backstreet Boys. We have just received some photographic images of Jerico Rodriguez from his family.” they posted various pictures of Jerico with his family, from wedding pictures, to pictures with his son, and even pictures of himself.

AJ squinted his eyes as he stared at the TV screen long and hard. “Wait Nick, try rewind this and pause on his individual picture.”

Nick did as he was told and paused it on the individual photo. AJ continued to stare at the picture, his eyes fluttering close as memories flooded his mind.

AJ looked away, looking over towards where they were serving food. As his eyes began to scan the room, one particular person had caught his eye. It was an older man sitting there in the distance, drinking coffee and staring at him. AJ continued to stare at the man, something was going off in his mind. The man continued to sip his coffee and he began to grin when he noticed that AJ was struggling to remember something he should know.

“Oh my god…” AJ rasped.

The man simply smiled, knowing AJ now knew who he was.

“What is it Jay?” Brian asked him, getting worried at AJ’s sudden odd behavior.

AJ didn’t respond. He simply pushed his mind further into remembering more about this man, he needed to remember more so that he could tell Brian that their killer was right there.


The man that he seen at the restaurant was a Caucasian man, Jerico Rodriguez was a Puerto Rican man. AJ struggled to remember what the man at the restaurant looked like, and when he was able to recall the memory fully and put two and two together… he gasped.

Nick glanced over at AJ and noticed his odd behavior. “Hey dude… what’s up? Look, if this is affecting you too much, I can shut it off you know.”

At this point, both Kevin and Howie’s attention was caught and they were staring at AJ as well.

“No…” AJ shook his head, starting to breathing hard.

Kevin glanced over at Howie and Nick in confusion. “What do you mean ‘no’?”

“Where’ Brian?” was all that he asked.

“AJ… what do you mean…”

“Where’s… Brian?” AJ asked, a little louder this time.

Kevin sighed, knowing he wasn’t going to get anywhere with AJ until he told him what he wanted to know. “Marcus took him back to his house, he’s coming back though. Why does this all matter anyway? What’s the problem Alex?”

“Call Marcus now and tell him that they both need to come back ASAP.”

Kevin was now getting frustrated at the way AJ wouldn’t just come out and tell them what the problem is. “I tried to call him earlier, but he wasn’t picking up. Look AJ, would you just please tell me what in the hell is going on?”

“That’s not the man!” AJ shouted, catching the sudden attention of all three of them.

“What do you mean that’s not the man?” Nick asked slowly, not liking the sound of this, especially the fact that Kevin had said that he had tried to call Marcus earlier but no one picked up.

“Exactly what I mean… Jerico Rodriguez isn’t the man we’re looking for… he’s innocent. Which means…”

“Our killer is still on the loose.” Howie finished AJ’s sentence off.