- Text Size +
Kevin slammed the phone down on the receiver. “Damnit, no one is picking up the house phone.”

He looked at Howie, AJ and Nick, staring at them in helplessness. He felt as if this was all his fault, he let his own cousin leave the house, knowing good and well that they all didn’t know if their killer was really dead or not. He looked over towards the closed door, thinking of what they should do.

“Lets go.” was all that Kevin told the three of them as he made his way towards the door and peeled it open.

They all stared at Kevin in shock, wondering what in the hell he was doing, but both Howie and AJ helped Nick off the couch and helped him to walk out of the house, following Kevin towards another black SUV that was parked in front of the house. Kevin looked around, wondering where all their supposed security guards went all of a sudden. Shrugging it off, he made his way towards the car only to find it locked.

“Shit.” he swore out loud, not knowing what he should do now.

Nick looked to the side and seen a rather large rock. “Move out of the way.” he warned as he picked up the large rock.

Kevin turned around and found Nick standing there with a rock in hand. “What the hell…” he didn’t have time to finish the question because he found himself dodging to the side as Nick chucked the rock at the window.

It shattered into a million pieces, shards of glass raining all over Kevin. He looked up at Nick in shock and shook the small pieces of glass off of him. “What in the hell did you do that for?”

“What do you care about more, this damn car or Brian?” Nick asked, not even realizing what he had said. All the anger he kept pent up within himself was slowly diminishing, and he hated the fact that he only seen that Brian was right the whole time, he only realized it now, when Brian’s life was in jeopardy.

Kevin thought over what Nick had said and realized that he was right. He reached into the shattered window and pressed the unlock button, unlocking all the doors to the SUV. Both AJ and Howie helped Nick jump into the back, while Howie took the seat in the back as well next to Nick, and AJ took the passenger side.

Kevin began to frantically pat the visors and search the small compartments, looking for a spare key that their management might keep in all the SUVs.

“Forget about it Kev…” AJ said, knowing what he was looking for. “You probably won’t find it, and we don’t have enough time.”

Kevin nodded and pulled the wires out from underneath the steering wheel, rubbing the two wires together. Seconds later, the car started and he tied to two wires together so it would keep the car on. He threw the car into reverse and pulled out of the driveway, speeding down the road towards Brian’s house. He pulled out his cell phone and flipped it open, inputting Johnny’s cell phone number.

“C’mon… pick up John.” Kevin shouted as he was going onto the fourth ring.

Finally after the sixth ring, someone answered. “Hello?”

“Johnny! Johnny man, where you at?”

“I’m at the hotel. Kevin, is this you?”

“Yeah, but you gotta listen to me. Jerico Rodriguez is not the man we’re looking for.”

The other line fell silent for a while. “What?”

“Jerico Rodriguez is not the one. We think it was a setup, our real killer being the one that killed Jerico. All we know for sure is that Jerico is not our killer.”

“And how do you know this for sure?”

“AJ told us… they showed pictures of Jerico on the news, and as soon as AJ seen it, he knew it wasn’t him. He remembered what the man looked like from the restaurant.”

Johnny released a heavy sigh, not wanting to believe what he was hearing. “Okay, well I want all of you to stay in the house, lock up and stay there, don’t go anywhere, you hear? Marcus should still be there, the rest of the security team is down here at the hotel as well, but I’m gonna be sending them back up there to the house, just stay there, all of you, okay?”

“Well, you see that’s the problem. Marcus took Brian back to his house to pick up something after you told me to put it on the news. I told them all that we could go back to our house and pick up whatever we needed, as long as we came back.”

“You did what?!?” Johnny shouted.

Kevin pulled the cell phone away from his ear. “Look, I know it was a stupid move on my part, but I didn’t even know that Jerico was innocent. AJ wasn’t with us at the time we first saw the news, and Brian and Marcus was already gone by the time AJ saw the news and told us that Jerico wasn’t guilty. Look, we’re on our way to Brian’s house right now, so I need you to send backup to his house. I tried to call Marcus, he didn’t answer. I even called Brian’s house phone, and no one answered. You can yell at me later when we get back, all I know is that I’m on my way to get my cousin back.” and with that, he hung the phone up and placed it on the side.