- Text Size +
Johnny just sat there, his hands clasped tightly together. Both AJ and Nick were sitting on the couch, not saying a word but their eyes displayed a sense of nervousness. Howie was busy pacing back and forth, stopping to check his watch every once in a while.

All of their heads snapped up when they heard someone open the door, but their faces soon fell when they realized that it was only Vince, Nick’s bodyguard.

“Anything?” Johnny asked.

Vince shook his head and closed the door. “Nothing… they said it’ll take a while for the satellites to pick up his exact location, but they’ll be sure to call and let us know as soon as they discover his whereabouts.”

Johnny shook his head and scoffed, “I can’t believe this… what in the hell am I supposed to tell the public once this leaks out? We have one missing Backstreet Boy, but its okay because his cousin is out there on his own, searching for him.”

“For Christ sakes Johnny, would you shut the hell up?!?” Nick shouted, causing everyone to stare at him in complete and utter shock. “When will you understand that this isn’t about you? You’re sitting here more worried about your image and what you’ll say to the public once they find out that Brian is missing.”

They all fell silent when they heard someone at the front door again. Kevin walked through and tossed the keys to the side. He looked up and stared at Johnny, not saying one word. “Here you go.” He said as he chucked the small hand gun he had in his possession at him.

Johnny caught the gun and stared at it and Kevin as if he had completely lost it. “Have you lost your damn mind? What in the hell were you thinking, prowling the streets by yourself, looking like a goddamn maniac with a freaking gun!”

Kevin didn’t reply. He simply flounced down on the love seat and began to massage his temples, trying to ward off the migraine he was having at that moment.

“That’s it!” Johnny shouted all of a sudden, causing the four of them to look up at him. “You’re all on house arrest!”

“Yeah, what a great fucking plan!” Kevin shouted, rising from the love seat, overshadowing Johnny and intimidating him. “Lets all sit here and wait for this fucking maniac to come and get us. Better yet, let me sit here and wait to hear that they have found my cousin’s dead body!”

“Shut it Richardson!” Johnny warned, pointing his finger in emphasis.

“No, you fucking shut it John!” Kevin fired back, “I’ve had enough of your bullshit. You don’t care about us, you never did. All you cared about was the precious image you were establishing for us which is rolling in big bucks for you. And you’re willing to jump at whatever lengths to make sure that your products aren’t harmed in anyway, and it’s not for our wellbeing, it’s for yours! Well, you know what, I quit!”

“Stop being ridiculous Kevin.” Johnny sighed. “Do you even know what you’re saying right now? I know it’s hard to sit back, knowing that Brian is in the hands of a killer, but don’t take your frustrations out on me. How dare you accuse me of not caring for the group’s wellbeing, I have been nothing but a founding father to you all, and this is the respect I get in the end?”

“How many times do I have to say that this all isn’t about you?” Nick shouted, coming to Kevin’s defense. “We’re the ones on the run… our lives were put in danger, that fucking guy took my youngest and only brother away from me… there’s no way in hell I’m letting this guy leave our lives incomplete.”

Vince walked into the living room, bringing his cell phone away from his ear. “I just got a call from Eric, he’s at the hospital right now and Marcus is conscious.”

Johnny just stared at Vince, but then turned to look at the four of them. “Vince, I want you to stay here and keep a watch on all of them… till I get back.” and with that, he turned and walked out of the house.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Johnny walked into the hospital room, Eric walking away from Marcus’s bed and walking towards him. “How is he?”

Eric turned back to look at Marcus, who was lying in his bed, immobile. “He seems to be doing quite well right now, and the doctors say his healing process will be slow, but he will progress nonetheless.”

“Did he say anything since he woke up? Can he remember anything?”

Eric shrugged, “He didn’t say much when he woke up, all he asked was where Brian was.”

Johnny turned to look away, sighing in frustration. “I want you to stay with him, and when he starts to come around, I want you to ask as much questions you can, we need to understand what happened.”

He turned and began to walk out of the room, but stopped and turned to face Eric once more. “Oh yeah, and Eric?”

“Yes sir?”

“When he comes around… do me a favor and let him know that he’s fired.”

Before Eric could protest, Johnny left the room.