- Text Size +
He awoke to the feeling of cool liquid being splashed on his face, causing his eyes to flutter open. He looked around, disoriented at first, but giving his eyes time to adjust to the darkness that was surrounding him.

He looked up and found himself staring face to face with the man that had caused them so much emotional and physical pain. “Why hello beautiful.” the man scoffed. “Hope you had a good sleep, because now your gonna help me find your friends.”

Brian winced when he felt the water that was splashed on his face earlier trickle down his chest, over the long gash that was now scabbing. The man reached into the back of the trunk and grabbed Brian by the collar of his shirt, roughly yanking him out of the trunk and tossing his body to the ground as if he was nothing but a rag doll.

Brian gritted his teeth together when he felt his elbows crash into the rock, hard pavement. The man didn’t give Brian time to recuperate because he pulled him up from the ground by his hair, dragging him towards the front of the car.

“Do you know where we are?” the man asked as he shoved Brian into the side of the car.

Brian looked up, not aware at first as to where they were. “No…”

“Wrong answer!” the man shouted as he slammed his fist into Brian’s midsection.

Brian gasped and collapsed to his knees, desperately clutching at his stomach, which was now doing summersaults within him. The man laughed as he pulled out a pack of cigarettes and shook a nicotine stick out, placing it in his mouth and lighting it with his lighter. “Why don’t you take a closer look?” he said as he grabbed the back of Brian’s head and forced him to look up.

Brian continued to squint at what the man was forcing him to stare at. He gasped when he realized that he did know where they were.

“Does this place look familiar?” the man asked, taking a long drag of his cigarette and letting out a puff of smoke.

Brian quickly began to shake his head. “No… I’ve never seen this place before!”

That answer only landed him another blow in the abdomen, causing him to completely buckle over and gasp for air. The man shook the hand he punched Brian in the stomach with while he used his other hand to place his cigarette back in his mouth. “You know, we can do this all night… it’s completely up to you. I honestly don’t have a problem with standing here, beating the living shit outta you.” he ended his sentence with swiftly kicking Brian in his side. “But you, on the other hand, will have a problem. Now, you have two options here, and we can do this the easy way, or the hard way. Option number one, you can tell me where the rest of your little friends are. Option number two, I can walk right into this house, dragging you behind me, and I will not hesitate to shoot your mother, father, brother, wife and son right in front of you. The choice is completely up to you.”

Brian spat out the saliva he felt collecting in the back of his throat. “And what makes you think I’m going to tell you what you need to know?”

“Well, seeing that your more of a family man, I made a proposal in which I thought you would easily choose your family over anything, but we can do things this way if you insist.” he pulled out a gun from his pants and cocked it. “I thought it would be more fun and interesting this way anyway. So, who should I take out first, your gorgeous mom or sexy wife?”

“Leave them out of this!” Brian sneered, “I’ll… I’ll tell you what you need to know, under one circumstance though… tell me, why are you doing this to us?”

“Since when in the hell did I appoint you to be a goddamn negotiator?” the man snapped, taking another long drag of his cigarette and flicking it out off to the side. “This isn’t a fucking win/win situation, and the sooner you realize this, the better off you’ll be. Now, you either tell me where the hell the rest of your friends are, or you’ll be attending your fucking family’s funeral. Maybe then you’ll realize the pain Nick went through.”

Brian glared up at the man and scrambled up from the ground, tackling him by his midsection. They both struggled for a while, until the man finally got the upper hand of the situation. He used his gun and pistol whipped Brian across the face, causing him to fall backwards. “Okay, I’m really getting tired of this. You’ve got five seconds to tell me what I want to know… five… four… three…” he cocked his gun and began to walk towards the house. “two… one…”

“Okay, okay, okay!” Brian shouted, tears streaming down his face. “We’re all staying at a house.”

The man smiled and brought his gun down to his side. “Alright, now we’re getting somewhere, but I could’ve guessed that you were all staying at one particular house, due to the fact that none of ya’ll are at your own houses and you guys set me up!” he held up his arm that was injured before. “Now, I’m not gonna ask you anymore questions, because I’m getting tired of your stupid sarcastic remarks. We’re going to get back into this car here and your gonna direct me how to get to the house. Now, lets go.”