- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay, here's the last chapter. YAY, THIS STORY IS FINALLY DONE!! =) I started on the sequel, so keep a look out for that. I hope you guys enjoyed this story!! =)
He sat there in the hard, tight chair, hands clasped together as he twiddled his fingers together. He looked up at the TV that was positioned in the corner of the waiting room and seen CNN covering the incident on the Backstreet Boys. He quickly tore his eyes away from the TV and looked at the table that was positioned in front of him, seeing magazines scattered on the surface, pictures of the Backstreet Boys on the front cover. No matter where he looked he would see his five sons everywhere.

“Johnny Wright?”

He glanced up at the person who called his name and rose out of his chair to address the doctor who called him. “I’m Johnny Wright.”

“May I see some identification please?”

Johnny fished into his pockets and pulled out his wallet, pulling out his license and handing it over to the doctor.

The doctor looked down at his license and nodded, handing it back over to Johnny. “I’m Dr. McNorton and I have been assigned to these five gentlemen again…”

“Are they okay?” Johnny blurted out, not meaning to interrupt him but he needed to know.

“You may want to take a seat Mr. Wright…”

“Please, just tell me if they’re okay.”

Dr. McNorton took in a deep breath and sighed, “They were all shot in different places. Kevin Richardson was shot in the leg and the bullet actually shattered his left tibia. Howie Dorough only suffered laceration for the bullet only grazed the upper part of his right arm. Brian Littrell was shot in his right shoulder which left an exit wound. Alexander James McLean was shot in the stomach and Nick Carter was shot in the chest. All except for Alex and Nick are conscious… they slipped into a comatose state upon arrival. We aren’t…” he paused, trying to fight the emotions that were slowly taking over. “Nick has a high chance of going brain dead while Alex… we aren’t sure if he’s gonna make it through the night, but we’re keeping a watchful eye on the both of them.”

Johnny could only stare at the doctor in disbelief. “They loss a major amount of blood and we’re calling an emergency blood drive.” Dr. McNorton informed. “The blood we have in stock isn’t going to be enough and we’re hoping that the blood transfusion will increase Nick and Alex’s chance of pulling though.”

“Is there… anyway I can see them?” Johnny hesitantly questioned.

“You are more than welcomed to visit Kevin Richardson, Howie Dorough and Brian Littrell. Nick Carter and Alexander James McLean are in the intensive care unit and we’re only allowing immediate family members to visit them at this time.”

Johnny nodded as he rose from the chair to follow Dr. McNorton towards the rooms.

“Johnny, wait!” a voice called out.

Johnny stopped and turned around to see Eric running towards him. “Hold on Dr. McNorton.” he whispered as he approached Eric. “What is it?”

“I got a call from officials and the coroners… we need to heighten security ASAP.”

“Why?”

“After reviewing the recording from the 911 dispatcher, there was a report of six people being present at the crime scene.”

“Yeah, so?”

“Besides the five of them, no other bodies were found at the cemetery.”