- Text Size +
His eyes were heavy, but it slowly drifted open, heavy and painfully. Who knew it took so much to lift open a flab of skin? He could feel his eyes fluttering now, and finally, he was able to keep it open, a burst of white light shining through. Once his vision cleared, he seen an older female nurse looming over him, adjusting something that was above him.

Where am I? he thought. Who is she? He took a deep breath in, and for once, felt something lodged into his throat. He began to panic, the tube down his throat becoming too much for him. The nurse quickly jumped away, realizing that he was conscious and was fighting against the tube that was feeding him air. She moved forward and had tried to remove the tube, but he wouldn’t allow her to touch him. He ripped the tape off of his mouth and began to pull the tubing out himself, gagging and coughing, his lungs feeling blank and empty without the tube. As soon as he pulled it out, vile came to follow, splattering onto his bed sheets, a few splats on the elder nurses’ scrubs.

He then ripped his IV out, dismissing the fact that blood was flowing freely from his punctured vein. He jumped off of his bed, but due to the fact that the shattered bones in his right leg was trying to heal, he collapsed to the ground, pain coursing through him. He quickly backed into the corner of his room. The nurse dashed out of his room, and instead of her returning, an older male had returned.

“Hey…” he calmly called out. “are you alrgiht?”

The man started to walk towards him, but he only shied further into the corner. The man stopped. “Do you know where you are son?”

Son?!? He’s not my father! He shook his head. “Your in the hospital…” the man explained. “I’m Dr. McNorton… what’s your name?”

Name, name… what is your name? He shook his head instead, as if refusing to tell him his name. Dr. McNorton began to inch his way towards his, and every step that was taken, he would push himself further and further into his little corner. He knelt down before him, observing his bloody hand. “Your bleeding…” Dr. McNorton told him, but he didn’t say anything. “Mind if I take a look?”

He abruptly tried to rise from his corner, and he pushed Dr. McNorton away from him. Putting his weight on his left leg, he remained in the tight corner of the room, wishing that if he had pushed himself a little further, he would fall right through the wall and disappear. Dr. McNorton rose from his crouched position and had walked away, right out of the room. Watching him leave had put him at ease for a while, there was no one else in the room, no one except for him, and he wanted to keep it that way.

He looked to the side and had seen a closet. He ripped the doors open and had seen airtight bags hanging on hangers. He pulled one of the bags off and had ripped it open, finding clothes that seemed to belong to him. He pulled the other bag off the hanger and had ripped that one open as well, pouring out jewelry and a wallet. He dismissed everything and had opened the wallet. Nothing but a few 20 dollar bills, credit cards, and an ID. He pulled the ID card out and looked at it carefully. Alexander James McLean. He stared at the picture hard, and then had looked up at a mirror that was on the wall across from him. It was him, that’s for sure, meaning his name was Alexander James McLean, and that was all his belongings.

He tossed the wallet down and had grabbed the clothes, ripping off his hospital garments and replacing it with the clothes that were in the airtight bag. As soon as he got dressed, he stopped what he was doing when some other older male had walked into his room, it wasn’t Dr. McNorton, he knew that for sure.

“Hello…” the man said. “My name is Dr. Seid, and you are…”

He stared at the man, and then had looked down at the open wallet he had discarded, seeing his ID card there. “Alex…” he replied, his eyes widened a bit when he noticed just how deep, raspy and scratchy his voice seemed.

Dr. Seid nodded, “Yes… Alex, well I’m a specialist in neurology, basically what they call a neurologist, and I was appointed to study the nerves within your brain, well, your brain activity.”

Alex continued to stare at him, wondering why on earth he wanted to study his brain activity when all he wanted to do was grab his stuff and go home, wherever that may be. As soon as Dr. Seid took a step forward, he took a step backwards. “Don’t…” Alex warned.

Dr. Seid held his hands up, showing that he was no harm. “I won’t… but where do you think your going?”

Alex ignored and continued grabbing the rest of his belongings, stuffing his wallet into his pocket and placing his jewelry on. He looked up at Dr. Seid, who just stood there, watching his actions. “Move.” he demanded.

Dr. Seid simply shook his head. “No can do Alexander… we can’t let you go.”

“I said move…” he shouted a little louder this time. If the man didn’t move, he was bound to do something drastic.

“I’m sorry Alex, we can’t let you go anywhere, you don’t understand what kind of condition your in, for pete’s sakes, you can’t even remember what had happened to you.”

“Because there was nothing that happened to me!” Alex bellowed. “It’s just you f***ed up people who kidnapped me and are conducting these weird… f***ed up experiments on me! You all made me this way, you made me forget s***, didn’t you?”

“Alex, you don’t know what your talking about…” Dr. Seid began, but Alex interrupted him.

“No… I do know what I’m talking about! Now, get the f*** outta my way!”

Once again, Dr. Seid shook his head, but as soon as he did, Alex had rushed him, ignoring the fact that his leg was protesting in pain, and he pushed the older man out of his way. Dr. Seid stumbled backwards, falling to the ground, watching helplessly as Alex began to hobble out of his room. As soon as Alex opened the door, he found himself facing two pairs of chest, and when he looked up, he was looking at two stern faces which belonged to two huge bodies. Before he could react, one of the large security guards had grabbed him by his waist, lifting him off the ground and bringing him back into the room, meanwhile, the other security had closed the door.

Alex began to kick and scream, rant and rave, anything he could do to get the large man to let him go. He felt like a caged animal now, not understanding what had happened and why this was all happening to him. The man had placed back onto his bed, pinning his shoulders down while Dr. Seid approached him, a syringe in hand.