- Text Size +
I scribbled down words and recited them in my head; “I know that I can’t believe…” What can’t I believe anyway? Kevin had said that we should collaborate together, the five of us, to write a song about our lifelong journey towards success and how we’ve obtained it thanks to many people. I remember the good ole days of being a Backstreet Boy, before making it big on TRL and being plastered on walls of almost all of America’s young teenaged girls.

Alexander James McLean, who was only 14 at the time, was the first Backstreet Boy ever for Mr. Lou Pearlman, which was soon followed by Howard Dwyane Dorough, who was 20, and young blond bombshell Nickolas Gene Carter, who was amazingly only 12. Kevin Scott Richardson, my 22-year-old cousin was sought out by Pearlman, and there was one spot still remaining. My cousin made that “infamous” call that would change our lives, as well as the music scene of the world forever. That empty spot was filled by me, 18-year-old Brian Thomas Littrell.

I remember the struggles we had went through, the obstacles we ultimately overcame, and all the blood, sweat and tears we’ve shed in the beginning years before everything finally fell in it’s place. Although we had endured a lot, I can honestly sit back and say that I miss those good ole days, it’s all in the past now… THAT’S IT!!

I quickly grabbed my pad of paper and began scribbling down more lyrics to the six words I already had. “I know that I, I can’t believe… just what the past has brought me, to the man I want to be. And I know that we’ve have had some times, where we can’t forget the struggles ‘cause we have so far to go.” I smiled as I looked down at my work. Beautiful… simply beautiful. Not to sound conceded or anything, I just find it beautiful because it partially sums up our memories within lyrics. I couldn’t wait to meet up with the fellas to see what we got going on so far.

“Baby?”

I turned to the lovely voice that had whispered to me. There I find my best friend for many years, my beautiful wife standing there, with nothing but a smile upon her face. I rose from my seat and approached her, embracing her by the waist and pulling her close to me. I began to kiss her face gingerly, savoring the moment.

“Why you standing here all innocent looking?” I asked as I began to nip at her neck.

She began to laugh, my nibbling beginning to be too ticklish for her. Gosh, how I love her laugh, her smile, her voice, just everything about her. She placed her hands upon my chest to stop my attacks. She had a look of seriousness, but that angelic smile never left her face.

“I’ve…” she paused. “I need to ask you a few favors.”

“Favors?” I repeated. “Is this something I could take care of in the bedroom?”

She laughed as she playfully slapped my shoulder. Oh no ladies and gentlemen, AJ has officially corrupted my “oh-so holy” mind!

“No… first off, can I be straight up with you when I say that I want a bigger house?”

“A bigger house?” I’m not too sure why I was repeating all that she was telling me. “Why do you want a bigger house, I mean, isn’t this a good size?”

“Yeah, but it wouldn’t hurt to have more space. You could really use a bigger office area and we could use a room as a studio for you and the fellas… there’s just so much more we could do with a bigger house.”

“A bigger house hmm? Well… I suppose I could use a bigger office area, and a studio doesn’t sound half bad.” I looked down at her and smiled. “Your wish is my command my lady… you want a bigger house, then you’ve got a bigger house.” she kissed me. “one favor down, how much more to go?”

“Well,” she whispered seductively. “I think you and I need to go and do some major shopping…”

Shopping? Okay, we went from purchasing a house to shopping, it was really throwing me off! But, I didn’t mind playing mind games with the love of my life. “Okay, we’ll go and do some major shopping… it’ll be so much fun!” I cracked in a feminine tone. “What else babe?”

“Last and final favor… I need you to call your parents and tell them that they are going to be grandparents.”

Her last favor didn’t really register in my mind for some reason. “Huh?”

Instead of her repeating herself, she pulled out something from behind her back, showing it to me. It was that pregnancy test stick, and I could clearly see a “+” mark, indicating that she tested positive for being pregnant.

“You’re gonna be a daddy!”

The only thing I could do was grab her and lift her in the air, holding her close to me. Who’d ever thought that I, Brian Thomas Littrell, fifth member of the Backstreet Boys, would be the first daddy of the pop quintet?