- Text Size +
“I don’t think it was the smartest idea coming here with no security guards.” Howie muttered as they pulled into the parking lot of where the carnival was being held.

“I ain’t got no other choice… besides, ya’ll wanted to come along.” Brian replied as he turned off the car and placed his hat over his head. “Just pull your hat down and try not to look so conspicuous.”

They all did as Brian said and got out of the car, walking into the carnival.

“I think we should split up, we’re never gonna find someone at the rate we’re going.” Howie mentioned.

Kevin gave him a look, “Weren’t you the very one who said that you didn’t think it was a good idea for us to be here with no security guards and now you wanna split up?”

“Howie’s right.” Brian came to his defense. “If we continue searching like this we’ll never be able to find him. He already said he won’t be here all day. Lets just split up, we’ll meet back here if there’s nothing okay?”

They all nodded and parted ways, all except for Kevin.

“Kevin, can’t what you have to say wait till later?”

“It can, but I think it’s best if we stick together, we don’t even know what kind of man we’re dealing with here, and what if he…” Kevin paused in the middle of his sentence. He seen a tall man dragging a small blond boy by the arm, who was apparently throwing a tantrum and trying to escape the man.

Without thinking twice, Kevin dashed for the man and the boy, leaving Brian behind. Once he got close enough, he grabbed the man roughly by his shoulder and turned him around.

“What in the hell?” the man shouted as he felt someone grab him by the shoulder and whirl him around.

Kevin looked down at the young blond child, he looked nothing like Baylee.

“May I ask you what in the hell you think you’re doing?” the man asked Kevin, sizing him up.

“Look sir, I am sooo sorry.” Kevin tried to apologize. “I just thought you were someone I knew and I… I’m sorry.” he fished into his pockets and pulled out his wallet, giving the man a $100 dollar bill. “I hope you can forgive me, here’s for any troubles.” he took out a $50 dollar bill and handed it to the small kid, who was now wiping the tears in his eyes. “And here you go little fella, buy yourself something nice with that.”

The man just stared at Kevin in shock as both he and Brian walked away from them.

“What in the hell are you doing Kev? You can’t be doing that man, you’re gonna blow our cover!”

“What cover Brian?” Kevin snapped. “Our only cover is wearing these damn hats, I ain’t gonna blow nothing. I thought that kid was Baylee.”

Brian sighed, the kid did look like Baylee from behind. He wasn’t sure how he could remain so calm now knowing that his son was here with the man who took him away less than twenty four hours ago.

“Bri!” Howie called out, trying to make his way through the crowd of people to get to Kevin and Brian.

“Hey D., anything?”

Howie shook his head, “Nah man, there’s a lot of children around here that look just like Baylee. What does the guy even look like?”

Brian shrugged, “How should I know? I’ve never seen him before, all he did was give me a name and a number.”

“Where’s Jay and Nick?” Kevin asked Howie.

“I’m not sure,”

As Howie and Kevin continued to talk, Brian began scanning the area once more, he had to be here somewhere. Just as he turned to face Howie and Kevin again, a large man caught his attention. He was walking away from them and holding the hand of a blond child.

“When are you gonna take me to see mommy and daddy?” the boy asked the large man.

Brian’s eyes widened, that was the voice of his son, he knew that for a fact.

“Hopefully soon buddy.” the man replied.

Brian walked away from Kevin and Howie, who were still talking to each other and had failed to notice that Brian was now leaving them. He tried his best to fight his way through the crowd, but people just kept bumping into him, slowing him down. Suddenly he lost sight of the large man and his son, and he was left in the midst of people. Every where he turned he would see a large man with a child, as if they came out of nowhere to throw them off. Then, he heard their unmistakable voices.

“Lets go and give daddy a call shall we?”

“Okay!”

Brian turned and seen them walking away from the carnival into an alleyway.

“Baylee!” he screamed as he pushed his way through the people, running towards the alleyway. Just when he reached there, he saw no one.

“Baylee!” he continued to scream, praying that he would hear his son’s voice.

“Daddy?” he heard a small voice reply.

He turned towards where he heard the voice come from. “Bay?”

All of a sudden his phone began to go off, indicating that he had a text message. He took his phone out of his pocket and checked the message; it was a picture text from a number he didn’t recognize. When he opened the message, he gasped. It was a picture of his son smiling. All of a sudden his phone began to ring, he noticed the number that was calling him was the same number that sent the picture message.

“Where the hell is he?” Brian answered.

“There’s a picture of him, just took it of him a couple minutes ago, told him to smile for mommy and daddy. As I recall Mr. Littrell, I told you that I would be taking your son to the carnival and I told you where we were gonna be, not once in our conversation did I say that I would allow you to come and see your son, but being the nice man I am, I decided to let you see him, through a photo.”

“Stop playing fucking mind games with me.” Brian snapped.

“Temper, temper Brian… I, along with many of your fans were led to believe that you were a holy man, a man of faith and high morals. I’m not playing mind games with you, but you go on and believe what you want to believe.”

“Just please… let me see my son, let him go. I’ll do anything you want me to do, just please…”

“You know, you should never walk into an alleyway all alone, especially considering your status and all. I’ll be sure to have your son call you to check up on you, see if you’re okay.”

“What the hell do you mean?” Brian exclaimed, but there was nothing but silence, he had hung up.

Just as he turned around to walk out of the alleyway, he was greeted by a large man who dug his fist deep into the pits of his stomach. Brian found himself immediately hunched over, the pain taking over his body. Before he had time to recover, the man began to attack him, raining punches and kicks until Brian finally fell limp.