- Text Size +
“When can the fans be expecting to hear a new single?”

“When is your guys album scheduled to debut?”

“Where and when will you guys kick off your tour?”

“What’s in the future for the group since Kevin Richardson’s departure?”

“Is there any chance at all he will be reuniting with you guys sometime down the road?”

Throughout the whole interview, I just remained silent. Normally we would expect to hear Kevin answer the bulk of the questions, but that’s not the case anymore. That role has now been passed on to Howie, the line goes from me, to AJ, to Howie, then Nick, and that’s where it ends.

A LOT of people were asking about Kevin, why he left and what lies in the future for us. I’m sure the fans were devastated, and it was indeed a hard decision to come by, but we all came to an understanding that he had more important things to attend to before the group. This wasn’t the end of the Backstreet Boys, nor did Kevin say that he was leaving for good and that was that. The curtain will draw to a close when we ALL mutually agree that this is the end of the road. The door will forever and always remain open to Kevin, we weren’t going to replace him. This journey started off with the Backstreet Boys, this journey will end with the Backstreet Boys. End of story.

“We’d like to thank you for your time and your questions, but it’s time to wrap things up.” Johnny announced, coming to our rescue.

I couldn’t wait to get home and into the arms of my loving wife. For some reason I just wasn’t me today, I feel completely exhausted and agitated, I don’t know why.

“Hey Rok,” Nick stopped me in my tracks, “Jay and I were gonna head back to the studio to review the tracks, you wanna come?”

“Nah,” I shook my head. “Maybe another time, I’m gonna head home to the wifey.”

“Aight then, check you later.” he said before he sprinted off towards AJ.

Howie came from behind and lightly grasped my shoulder. “What’s up Bri?”

“Huh?”

“You seem out of it man… you okay?”

I sighed, “Yeah… just been stressed, ya know? I just wanna get home to see my wife and kid… maybe that’ll take things off my mind for a while.”

Howie smiled and nodded, “Yup… family always brings us back home. Well, I’m gonna head on over to the studio as well, gotta make sure Nickolas and Alexander don’t go messing up the tracks.” we both chuckled, knowing that AJ and Nick would go and make changes without consulting anyone. “Call me if you need anything, alright?”

“Yeah man, see you later.”