- Text Size +
“You think he got in touch with Kevin?” Howie asked as he pulled into Brian’s driveway, which was already covered with cop cars.

“Does that answer your question?” AJ asked as he pointed over towards Kevin who was walking back into the house.

Howie quickly jumped out of the car. “Hey Kev!”

Kevin turned around to see Howie, AJ and Nick approaching him. “Hey guys.”

“How’s he doing?” Nick questioned.

Kevin turned to glance in the house, “Not too good… Leigh’s a total wreck and Brian…he’s completely out of it.”

“Do they have any clue as to who did this or where Baylee’s at?” Howie asked this time.

“No,” Kevin sighed, shaking his head. “But the guy left a letter for them, and on it he left his name and number. Of course the cops did a thorough search on both the name and the number but came up with nothing. They even tried calling the number, but says it’s been disconnected. Brian said he had gotten through earlier and had even talked to the man and his son, but the number and name isn’t helping any.”

Nick walked away from them and walked straight into the house. “Brian?”

I turned around to the voice that said my name to find my best friend standing before me. He took slow steps towards me, as if scared to even come close. I didn’t say anything, I couldn’t, nothing would come out of my mouth. I just stared at him as he continued taking slow steps, but everything just broke when he opened his arms. Without thinking twice, I walked into his embrace, allowing myself to freely cry for the first time.

“It’s okay Bri.” I heard him whisper. “Everything’s gonna be okay buddy.” this time he choked, it was obvious he was fighting to hold in his emotions.

“I don’t know what to do Nick…” I told him. “I need to find my son, but I don’t know how I’m gonna do it…”

Nick remained silent, he was truly at a lost of words. “Whatever you decide to do, we’re behind you a hundred percent.”