- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
So, here's the first chapter to the sequel of "Incomplete". I hope you guys enjoy it and don't forget to leave me reviews!! =)
“Alex… Alex, look at me buddy.”

I open my eyes and glare into the mirror with my shirt off, exposing a scarred man in both mental and physical ways. Both of my hands were firmly planted on either side of the bathroom sink.

“I… I remember everything Nick…”

“What do you remember buddy?”


I turned on the faucet and had let the water run a while as I continued to stare at the mirror. I cupped by hands and collected the water that was cascading out of the faucet and splashed onto my face, slowly rubbing it over my eyes in hopes to wash away the visions that still plagued me.

“I remember… I remember us…”

I glanced up into the mirror, watching as the water trickled down my face, droplets clinging to my eyelashes.

“I remember when you guys saved my life… I’ll never forget the day you saved my life Nick.”

My hands found their way back to either side of the bathroom sink and I began to claw at the marble counter.

“I was always so proud of you Nick… I know… we didn’t show it much, but you made us all proud in so many ways…”

“I’m proud of you too Alex… I’ve always been so proud to call you my older brother.”

“How could I ever forget this… all that we’ve shared… over all these years… they’re memories Nick… it was taken away from me… but I got it all back now, I don’t… I don’t… want to lose it all again.”

“You’re not gonna lose it… it’s here to stay.”

“… I love you guys…”

“Alex, don’t you say that!”


My eyes snapped open when the sound of a gun going off rang through my ears. I rose my right hand from the countertop and placed it on my bare stomach. Slowly, I inched my hand upwards, gingerly touching the scar that was located on the right side of my chest. Memories flooded my mind as I remember turning around, seeing Brian on the ground. I remember screaming in rage, raising the gun to shoot the man who had shot Brian, but he beat me to it, shooting me right in the chest.

Not long after, Kevin and Howie were shot as well and all I could do at that point was scream. I was useless to all of them. My anger exerted what little energy I had left in my body and it didn’t take long for darkness to consume me. Being in a coma was the best thing that ever happened to me throughout this whole ordeal, I was reunited with my brother once again.

Speaking of which, it’s been a year since our horrific brush with death and nothing is the same. We wanted our lives back, but try as we might, it was out of our reach. Nightmares occurred for each of us on a daily basis and the scars we all bore was a painful reminder of what we had endured exactly a year ago. We all feared certain things, from something so simple as a bus to a sudden popping sound. We were all on the edge, and for what? The man was dead. The man who had torn us apart mentally and physically and had caused us so much pain was dead. I shot him, right in the chest. I killed him. But even that wasn’t enough to kill him off for good. I may had rid this man from the world, but he still lived on through our nightmares, our vivid memories, and our scars.