- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
OMG... a freaking chapter, who would've thought? Lol. Well, here I am... I'M BBBAAACCCKKK... lol, with a new story and a new chapter for this story. Hope you guys enjoy it, reviews are COMPLETELY welcomed. Lol. =P
I began to cough as the smell of rotting corpse quickly filled my senses. The mortician that I was lecturing earlier rolled a gurney out and had ordered a few men to help him take the body out of the casket and place it on the gurney. Carefully, they extracted the body from the broken casket and placed the decomposed, stiff corpse on the gurney. If his body wasn’t so badly decomposed, we could’ve easily identified him just by looking at him.

“How long is this autopsy process going to take?” Johnny questioned.

“A week, give or take.” one of the pathologist replied.

“We really don’t have that much time.” I spoke up. “We’re gonna have Nick detained in prison for the wrong reason for a week?”

“There’s nothing we can do to speed this process up Kevin.” Johnny tried to tell me, but I wasn’t having it.

I walked away from the scene, trying my best to get as far away I could from everybody. Once I was a great distance away from them, I finally turned and stared at Aaron’s grave, actually stared at it long and hard. For some reason, everything was going black, and not pitch black but an evening darkness. I looked up towards the sky when I noticed it turning extremely dark.

When I looked back down at Aaron’s grave, I seen the five of us, on our knees. The man that ruined our lives, now known as Jeffery Donner, had pulled Nick up off the ground, shoving a gun into his possession. I shook my head, trying to get rid of whatever I was seeing, but it wouldn’t go away. After Jeffery struck AJ, Nick had aimed the gun in his direction, ready to pull the trigger. Before you know it, a bullet was released from Jeffery’s chamber, entering AJ’s body. I was actually viewing what happened to us from a different view, and it scared me so much. Even though I stood there before the memory, I could still feel the pain of the bullet entering my leg. All of a sudden a new wave of anger washed through me as I continued to stare at this man, Jeffery Donner, and what he had done to all of us.

“Kevin?”

I snapped out of my trance to find my cousin standing before me.

“Are you okay?” he asked me. “I’ve been calling your name for the past few seconds.”

I just stared at him as if I was having a hard time comprehending what he was saying to me, but my eyes wandered back to the group that was standing near Aaron’s grave. For a moment, it looked to me as if they were crowded around Jeffery’s grave and neglecting Aaron’s resting place. I don’t know why that thought even entered my mind, but it made me even more angrier.

I ignored Brian, completely walking away from him and back towards the group. “I want results by tomorrow.” I stated firmly.

They all looked at my as if I was crazy. “Kevin, these things take time…” Johnny tried, yet again, to explain to me, but this time I interrupted him.

“I know these things take time, but that is something we don’t have. I’ll pay whatever amount of money to have someone, anyone work around the clock to get my some answers by tomorrow.” and with that, I walked away from them.

I could feel Brian’s eyes on me, penetrating the back of my head. Not long after I left them, Brian was trailing close behind me. “What the hell Kevin?” he asked me. “Have you lost your damn mind?”

“No,” I paused for a moment, something Nick had told us clicked in my mind. “I’ve lost more than that.”